Hello Everyone..

Thread: Hello Everyone..

Default Hello Everyone..

Hello and thanks for accepting me as a new member. I am from Canada Vancouver area. You guys seem to be so helpful and know your 109's so well. I just bought a new 2018 M 90. I got to ride a motorcycle after 27 years (used to ride when I was younger). I do not want to scare you guys. lol..I surely took a motorcycle riding course from Pacific Riding School(experienced & great guys) to bring back my confidence and feel for a bike. Took it out and at about 60 km and upwards handle bars starts to wobble a bit. took it up to 80 km and the problem was still there. I have contacted the dealer as well. Air pressure is set at 36 psi front & back. What am I looking at as per your expert advise and experience? All inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks..
    Last edited by KAL; 03-22-2018 at 07:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Welcome to the forum

Did the dealer say anything about looking at the balancing of the tires

Greetings from port coquitlam. I would just take it back to the dealer and make them fix it!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by leadsled View Post
    Greetings from port coquitlam. I would just take it back to the dealer and make them fix it!!!!
    Thanks, leadsled. Greetings to you as well. I believe I will as soon as it stops raining.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Did the dealer say anything about looking at the balancing of the tires
    Dealer wants me to bring it in so he can check it out to find out what may be causing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KAL View Post
    Dealer wants me to bring it in so he can check it out to find out what may be causing this issue.
    Any updates?

Default late reply

Quote Originally Posted by leadsled View Post
    Any updates?
    Sorry for the late reply.. Just visiting this site after a long time.. Dealer checked and took it out for a test ride. His answer was that it is a high rev engine so you needs not to shift that quick to go into high gears. I also have realized motorcycle sort of lugs if I am shifting too quick. for example it does not like to be in forth gear under 80 kms. It does not like 5 th gear under 100 kms much. Do you guys feel the same? i have 820 kms on it now. almost ready to take in for the first service.

Default First servicing for M-90 at 1000 km

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about first servicing!!! Manual that came with the bike suggests that with first service one should get valve clearance checked?! I would love to hear thoughts from you experienced riders if it is necessary at all at this point. I have 820 kms on it. I am going through the breaking in period by the book.. do not go past half throttle, have been loading and unloading engine regularly and fingers crossed bike is starting and running smoothly. All of yours time, information, thoughts and suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by KAL; 05-28-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Very Active Member

Just follow the manual for the first service and let the Tech do what is required that way any problems which may occur you have someone to fall back on, but be forewarned the first service is the expensive one but as far as my experience goes, it is money well spent as any developing problems are found and remedied on the spot and it is the perfect time to ask any questions you may have. After it is over, just go for a good ride and enjoy.
    Be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets. - Capt Ramius (Red October)

2006 DL650 Blue
    2009 VZ1500 M90 Blue