National Cycle V-Stream for Fat Fork Tube Covers

Thread: National Cycle V-Stream for Fat Fork Tube Covers

Default National Cycle V-Stream for Fat Fork Tube Covers

I was happy to find an auto mechanic and metal fabricator all in one. Thanks Mr. Jim Reynolds for fabricating my brackets for me so that I can use my V-Stream and not have to remove my fork covers. Job well done. Next step: powder coat them black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Very nice, I like that Rod in the back ground, is that your other project?

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Nice Jeff, I knew you would figure something out.

Let me know how that shield works out.

I don't really want one....but I really need one.....LOL

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Nice Jeff, I knew you would figure something out.

Let me know how that shield works out.

I don't really want one....but I really need one.....LOL

BCS
    I don’t want one either. But sometimes that fatigue from the wind sucks. I realized too that my full jacket acts like a parachute. Riding Fri without it was such a difference. If you’re gonna keep me riding in the triple digits, I need a V-Stream

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jam36a View Post
    If you’re gonna keep me riding in the triple digits, I need a V-Stream
    Well you better get that shield mounted then because I don't see things getting any slower in the near future.

BCS

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I don’t want one either. But sometimes that fatigue from the wind sucks. I realized too that my full jacket acts like a parachute. Riding Fri without it was such a difference. If you’re gonna keep me riding in the triple digits, I need a V-Stream

The bike looks better without a windshield but it sure makes riding alot more comfortable

Wow. Well done. I do some small fab's myself here and there and know that was a bit of effort to get those curves and welds smooth like that.

Nice.

Nice Jeff. I did something different, didn’t want anything on my nice Fork covers. Then again I do have mini apes so set up is different but possible for stock.

FOUNDER, HALO NATION ALLIANCE

Very Active Member

I was happy to find an auto mechanic and metal fabricator all in one. Thanks Mr. Jim Reynolds for fabricating my brackets for me so that I can use my V-Stream and not have to remove my fork covers. Job well done. Next step: powder coat them black.

I don't know if you have tried to put those on yet....and I hope I am wrong....but I sure don't think you have enough space left between the fat fork covers and the bike parts....I know when I put on my V Stream, I had to put the bracket on at the top and slide it down or it would not go on.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    I don't know if you have tried to put those on yet....and I hope I am wrong....but I sure don't think you have enough space left between the fat fork covers and the bike parts....I know when I put on my V Stream, I had to put the bracket on at the top and slide it down or it would not go on.

Marty
    Yes. Already shaved down an area and used washers to bring headlight housing forward. I got this. Thanks

Very Active Member

Yes. Already shaved down an area and used washers to bring headlight housing forward. I got this. Thanks

I wondered.....make sure you check the rubber vibration dampener from the headlight nacelle and the risers, if you pushed the nacelle out it may not touch anymore, once when I didn't get my headlight back on just right it shook like the devil until I got that dampener back in the right place....

Marty

I cant wait to see the finished product. I Also DO NOT LIKE the look of any shield on the 9 however going back to riding without one would not be an option unless im planning on staying very local in the summer time. All other times i have my HellCat sports touring shield on. Without the shield especially at freeway speeds it can be quite a workout depending on how the wind is hitting you, straight on in the chest and face and you get a nice ab workout for sure without a shield and these old bones and joints just say "NO" anymore and i dont usually get much choice it seems, lol.
    Anyway I have been contemplating buying a V-Steam touring but i refuse to give up my fat fork tube covers which is why im interested in your setup! Although my whole front end is pretty much chromed out I could definatly make colored brackets work and so far what i can see from your design has my attention so thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    I wondered.....make sure you check the rubber vibration dampener from the headlight nacelle and the risers, if you pushed the nacelle out it may not touch anymore, once when I didn't get my headlight back on just right it shook like the devil until I got that dampener back in the right place....

Marty
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    I cant wait to see the finished product. I Also DO NOT LIKE the look of any shield on the 9 however going back to riding without one would not be an option unless im planning on staying very local in the summer time. All other times i have my HellCat sports touring shield on. Without the shield especially at freeway speeds it can be quite a workout depending on how the wind is hitting you, straight on in the chest and face and you get a nice ab workout for sure without a shield and these old bones and joints just say "NO" anymore and i dont usually get much choice it seems, lol.
    Anyway I have been contemplating buying a V-Steam touring but i refuse to give up my fat fork tube covers which is why im interested in your setup! Although my whole front end is pretty much chromed out I could definatly make colored brackets work and so far what i can see from your design has my attention so thanks for sharing.
    No worries. Here to help you out. I felt the same when I got the idea from someone else.