The new fat bob from harley davidson

Thread: The new fat bob from harley davidson

Very Active Member fastbandit58's Avatar

Cool The new fat bob from harley davidson

I was talking with one of my accounts and I noticed a New looking Harley, he said it was a 2018 fat Bob, 114 cubic inch. Now he knows I have a M109r, he thinks it will keep up with the 9 I said I don't believe so, plus there is no showing of horse power at all, just about 118 ft pounds of torque. It will be interesting to see one go down the 1/4 mile.

fastbandit
    250 Dunlop Elite 3,Cobra Black Box Fuler F/I 2000, Spike Intakes, M109r Derby Cover,Custom Oil Dip Stick,

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I've never put any stock in what numbers were on a bike, what bike is faster etc. I realize a lot of people on big bikes are doing it because they are on an ego trip, and that's fine. When I purchased my 9, I literally walked into the Suzuki dealership, eyed up every singe bike, was drawn to my 16' Boss because of the aesthetics and said I'll take it.

The 2018 Fat Bob looks like a bike I wouldn't mind owning if it were not made by Harley Davidson. Metric cruisers in my opinion have better fit and finish and reliability overall which is to me, more important than the number on the side of the engine cover. I have a friend who rides a 2004 HD wide glide, 105,000 miles to date never been rebuilt, never broken down never left him stranded. There are exceptions to every rule but watch any HD review on youtube, or talk to any owner and they all have a saying. "It isn't a Harley if something doesn't fall off it."

I just watched a 1000 mile review from a 2018 HD fat bob owner, in the first 1,000 miles one of the foot peg rubbers fell off, and he lost his brakes while riding the tail of the dragon in the smokies.

..................... uhhm, hah. Yeah, no thanks.

Very Active Member

Default fat Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by fastbandit58 View Post
    I was talking with one of my accounts and I noticed a New looking Harley, he said it was a 2018 fat Bob, 114 cubic inch. Now he knows I have a M109r, he thinks it will keep up with the 9 I said I don't believe so, plus there is no showing of horse power at all, just about 118 ft pounds of torque. It will be interesting to see one go down the 1/4 mile.

fastbandit
    I had wondered why this hasn't been brought up earlier as the new milwaukee motor has been out while now. I test rode a stock road king and and one with stage 3 upgrade. I will admit that bike could get on it and it did have a ton of torque but I felt it redlined quick in first gear. It def. was impressive for a Harley. You should run him I'd be curious to see what happens but do not mess around put the hammer down on your bike and don't take his for granted. I think the 9 is still a bit faster but it may be close. The stage 3 was def noticeable not sure our bikes would take it but that was a (10 grand upgrade), hell the stock one was 25 grand. Never been much of a Harley fan but I can't knock that bike it was very nice and a lot of thought put into it's design, lot's of cool features I only rode them both for a few miles but it was a nice ride, smooth tranny but again they were brand new, my nine is a 06 but it does have the gears cut. However I just think those bikes are way overpriced but to each their own. Def. a improvement for HD though. Funny how they are all into that bikes power at dealership and in my mind I'm like (I've had this torque n power for 12 years)! Beautiful bike but not 25G beautiful IMO.