Looking for chrome rim repair shop

Thread: Looking for chrome rim repair shop

Default Looking for chrome rim repair shop

Anyone know of a reputable shop that repairs chrome rims. Shippers damaged my rear rim by placing a strap through it without protecting it. As a result got a nice rub mark from the strap. They also bent in my cutch pedal. Need to get a quote to submit. Any suggestions would be great.
    2007/Black with Candy Green Ghost Flames/too many mods to list

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigwill109 View Post
    Anyone know of a reputable shop that repairs chrome rims. Shippers damaged my rear rim by placing a strap through it without protecting it. As a result got a nice rub mark from the strap. They also bent in my cutch pedal. Need to get a quote to submit. Any suggestions would be great.

Local to San Antonio by the way
    2007/Black with Candy Green Ghost Flames/too many mods to list

The best and most reputable chromer known to this forum is Chip Simmons at Simmons MotorWorks. I have had several items chromed by him, and his work is flawless. In fact he is in the process of repairing the chrome on a header pipe for one of my 9s at this very moment. Iím confident that it will be flawless when I get it back. As for your quote, that shipping company should be responsible for what it will cost you to ship it to and from Dallas, GA. which is where Chipís company is located. If you donít find, or donít have a good quality chromer in your area, thatís not your fault. I suggest you call Chip, and speak directly to him, tell him what you need, and allow him to tell you exactly what, and how he will get your wheel taken care of. Heís a GREAT guy, and Iím confident he will take care of the problem with his quality work.

Here is his contact information...

Work: (770) 445-3380
    Cell: (770) 846-7425

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

They also bent in my cutch pedal. Need to get a quote to submit.
    When you say "Clutch Pedal" are you talking about your "Shift Lever"?

If so I just picked up one today, it was $125 Suzuki list price.......but I get a substantial discount from my local Suzuki shop I got that part for $85.
    (I make my local Suzuki dealer match online part pricing that I find....they have never gave me any grief about changing prices of parts to match those advertised online)

Make sure the shaft the shift lever rides on did not get bent slightly also....really messes up how well the bike will shift if its out of sorts.

BCS