2018 MAM Dates and poll.

View Poll Results: What way do we go!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am fine with the $74 (Mon-Thurs) and $140 (Fri-Sat) room rates.

21 100.00%
  • Go with the flat rate at $110 a night (this req's 40 rms/night guarantee on monday---never happened)

0 0%
  • Keep looking further out. Found nothing less than $100/night flat rate 40min outside Asheville

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 MAM Dates and poll.

Default 2018 MAM Dates and poll.

Guys I have to apologize for this long waited post and you can not believe the trouble it is to get a decent room rate in that town during our time frame. Week of June 18th.
    Asheville, NC is obviously one of the top, IF not the top, riding areas on the eastern side of the US. I have been quoted rates as high as $160 a night, to the lower part of $130 a night. All that coupled with with finding a site that can hold or event with the parking lot needs. Some sites have a lower rate during the week in the $85-90 a night and higher on the weekends to $180+ a night. This area is a bit ridiculous on rates.

Well, I have think I am exhausted and stressed enough about the rates and have done what I think is the best I can do.
    The Sleep Inn in Asheville-- Biltmoore West is the best I could find, and truthfully was only one of tewo sites that was serious about our business (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sl...9!4d-82.633064). They boasted they normally will sell the hotel out during those 2 months at $160 a night for weekends. Honestly, most of the hotels claim that or higher.

So! to the point. I have talked with the regional sales manager and they want to get more bike events back in the area----- like the Honda Hoot used to be. He is willing to work with us a bit. He is offering the following rates.

$74.99 a night plus tax Mon-Thurs.----- Which is one of the lower rates we have paid for this event.
    AND!
    $149.99 plus tax for Fri-Sat nights--- Obviously the highest rate we have ever paid.

I did talk about a flat rate with him and he said it would have to be $110.00 a night and needed a guaranteed number of rooms during the week days. Which I do not see that being possible.

So lets here the thoughts and a vote to keep looking or go with it.
    Last edited by futurR; 01-27-2018 at 01:43 AM.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

What is the actual week dates that you have in mind? When I went to the website, it showed a date of 6/12. Can I assume that it will be the week following Father's Day?
    BTW, that is a pretty nice hotel. The wife and I stayed there 2 years ago when we went to visit Biltmore Estates.
    Last edited by blacklightning; 01-04-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    What is the actual week dates that you have in mind? When I went to the website, it showed a date of 6/12. Can I assume that it will be the week following Father's Day?
    BTW, that is a pretty nice hotel. The wife and I stayed there 2 years ago when we went to visit Biltmore Estates.
    Not sure where that came from. Week of June 18th (Mon, and so on.....)
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I voted the first option. It is the cheaper of the two if you are spending the entire week. Honestly, I am good with whatever everyone else wants tho. $100 isn't going to make or break the trip for me. My biggest concern is that we get something locked down.

Everyone that sees this post, please call, text, email, PM, or smoke signal anyone you know that has attended the MAM or said they want to attend, and get them here to vote as soon as possible so we can make a decision and get the date and location locked down!

Thanks!!!

I say 1st option also- if you have to many options it takes longer to decide. Like Sean said lock it in and go from there - People have ample time to get funds together to attend that way and glad to hear that MAM is up and running. I'll post to FB also

I'm down for the 1st option. I doubt we could guarantee numbers specially at this late date and due to the fact that the travel time is doubled for most of us in the Northeast. Lock it in. Too many choices will only delay it.
    FOUNDER, HALO NATION ALLIANCE

1st option for me also....good to see this moving along, Thanks Matt
    2007 m109r red, E3 250, iso grips, stilleto pegs, V-stream touring windshield, TRE...and the list is growing

Hey can you move this to general discussion thread because more people will see it and not have to go to events to see it moving along

I'm hopefully planning on making it out to MAM this year, and hope to bring some other 9 riders as well. I think option 1 works so that we have something to work with. Looking at the hotel map, the only area of concern will be parking. The parking lot looks a bit small. I guess if we have enough rooms booked we'll probably fill most of the hotel by default.

Sounds good let's do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Air Ride, Irate Grill, LED turn signals,Trick True Fire paint with Dragons,Over 500 LEDS,TI Peg feelers, Freedom exhaust. Coastal Moto Chrome rim 10" 300 Avon, SUMO-X 26"Rim tire /Dam Guy's Custom Fender, Modded Swing arm, SUMO-X 9 Degree Triple trees.

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post
    I'm hopefully planning on making it out to MAM this year, and hope to bring some other 9 riders as well. I think option 1 works so that we have something to work with. Looking at the hotel map, the only area of concern will be parking. The parking lot looks a bit small. I guess if we have enough rooms booked we'll probably fill most of the hotel by default.
    The lot is actually a bit larger than it was in Staunton, not by much mind you. Concern is really about the trailers. I have been trying to figure that out. Last year I think we had like 15 or so trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    The lot is actually a bit larger than it was in Staunton, not by much mind you. Concern is really about the trailers. I have been trying to figure that out. Last year I think we had like 15 or so trailers.
    And a few bigger ones.

Air Ride, Irate Grill, LED turn signals,Trick True Fire paint with Dragons,Over 500 LEDS,TI Peg feelers, Freedom exhaust. Coastal Moto Chrome rim 10" 300 Avon, SUMO-X 26"Rim tire /Dam Guy's Custom Fender, Modded Swing arm, SUMO-X 9 Degree Triple trees.

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Not sure where that came from. Week of June 18th (Mon, and so on.....)
    Cool. We just made plans on coming over from the Raleigh area on Monday (6/1, and will be there until Saturday (6/23). Now the hard part of waiting, and trying to hold onto my 9 for 6 more months.

Sounds good
    That is a cheep price you did
    very good Matt.
    Most places like you said are 160 easy a night or more,
    in the area.

First option is good, just make the call and I'm in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first option sounds good to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

So far there has been no opposing comments. Also, NC is a mandatory helmet state. Not really posing an issue.

As long as the date remains the same, everything is cool. We just locked in our time for the entire week.

I didn't bother to cast a vote, because I found out yesterday that my MBA class schedule has been adjusted yet again by the University Administration Office. Now I have my very last class starting in June and ending at the end of July. It is definitely a bitter-sweet situation for me, as I really wanted to attend the 2018 MAM.

I'm also good with the first option. My dates are already locked in at work. We have to make our vacation pics a year in advance. So if the date changes, that could be an issue. But I think it's been the same the last few years so hopefully that will continue.

For those on the fence, JUMP!!! You will have a great time. The riding, the ppl, the parking lot antics!! Very memorable!! LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN when I tell you this!! You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Has a list been started as to ppl commuting? If not, lets get one going

Big-B+1

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I'm also good with the first option. My dates are already locked in at work. We have to make our vacation pics a year in advance. So if the date changes, that could be an issue. But I think it's been the same the last few years so hopefully that will continue.

For those on the fence, JUMP!!! You will have a great time. The riding, the ppl, the parking lot antics!! Very memorable!! LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN when I tell you this!! You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Has a list been started as to ppl commuting? If not, lets get one going

Big-B+1
    Bill+1

Keith C + 3 spyder friends.
    This year, i will finally be bringing a 9

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Count me in. Let the good times roll!!!!!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

I've got the vacation week already. Should be good to go soon as everything is finalized.
    Gotta dust off the bike and maybe by June buy another ramp (he said for the 2nd year in a row)

Looks like a unanimous vote for the Sleep Inn Asheville - Biltmoore West.

Just waiting for the hotels contract to be sent to me, then we can get this going.

Ince the lodging gets finalized, may I suggest a new thread. With all the info at the top? Like has been dont the the past. Have my vacation time set and ready to just make the reservations. Gonna plan on the PreMeet as well this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Ince the lodging gets finalized, may I suggest a new thread. With all the info at the top? Like has been dont the the past. Have my vacation time set and ready to just make the reservations. Gonna plan on the PreMeet as well this year.

, but that brings up another good point. Will there be a pre-meet this year since the actual event location is in the same area that the pre-meet would be located?
    Right now I am commited to the MAM dates. Don't think I will be able to do another week during this same general time.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    , but that brings up another good point. Will there be a pre-meet this year since the actual event location is in the same area that the pre-meet would be located?
    Right now I am commited to the MAM dates. Don't think I will be able to do another week during this same general time.
    Hmmm. I guess we will have to wait and see if there will be a PreMeet. I have inly made it to 1 MAM, 2011. And since I live closer was hoping to make the rides all week but if they are basically in the same location and routes, might be better to show up a day or 2 early and get some extra riding in.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Hmmm. I guess we will have to wait and see if there will be a PreMeet. I have inly made it to 1 MAM, 2011. And since I live closer was hoping to make the rides all week but if they are basically in the same location and routes, might be better to show up a day or 2 early and get some extra riding in.

I'll be there Monday thru Sunday. I might even go down a day early so I can ride Monday.