M109 Rider Forums banner

Winter mods in progress

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mist82 
#1 ·
A few years ago I bought some Saddleman Drifter throw over bags for my C and as the years have gone by I have become more and more disgusted with them. I have the Gman exhaust and the distance from pipe to bag looks ridiculous.

I have been thinking for awhile about Harley bags and decided on some Road King Classic bags. After quite a bit of time (due to my negligent eBay attention) I found a used set that I wouldn't mind buying.

Next I bought some conversion brackets for putting touring bags on softtails. I knew I would need to modify them, but it have me a good starting point.

Here is my mock up. I am going to raise them about another inch to give more space above the exhaust. I will update as I go.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very interesting........

#4 ·
Not bad, are you going to keep the Harley badges on them?

#8 ·
Which Carlini bars did you purchase? I also assume with 18" you had to do cables as well? Interested in doing this also.

4" Rox speed raisers gave me a lift with original cables to level my arms straight out, and I'm 6' 7".

Interested in doing the ape hangers though.

Thanks

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.