cobra powerpr black for 2016 M109r questions

Thread: cobra powerpr black for 2016 M109r questions

Default cobra powerpr black for 2016 M109r questions

Hey I reached out to cobra because their website say their cobra powerpro black is only up to a 2014 m109r and I have a 2016. they responded in email , "unfortunately, Cobra has not tested the PowrPro Black on the 2016 M109R. I recommend you check with your local Suzuki dealer or online microfiche. If the Fuel Injectors and ECM are the same on a 2016 model as a 2014, the tuner will work great. Does anyone have any info on this or have one on a 2016 or newer M109r. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jovonni37 View Post
    Hey I reached out to cobra because their website say their cobra powerpro black is only up to a 2014 m109r and I have a 2016. they responded in email , "unfortunately, Cobra has not tested the PowrPro Black on the 2016 M109R. I recommend you check with your local Suzuki dealer or online microfiche. If the Fuel Injectors and ECM are the same on a 2016 model as a 2014, the tuner will work great. Does anyone have any info on this or have one on a 2016 or newer M109r. Thanks
    Hey, jovonni37. I purchased P/N 92-1845B pwerpro black and plan to install it on my '17 next week. I've not heard any news to the contrary that it will work on models '14 through '18.

Very Active Member

Go to one of the OEM parts sellers like BikeBandit, or J&P cycles, they have a microfitch of all the OEM parts for the M109R. Just look up those two parts the ECM and the injectors but change the year of your bike on the lookup if the part numbers are the same you are good to go. Also Onieda Suzuki spelling may be off on that.

Marty

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I checked them for you at Bike Bandit, they are the same part numbers between 2014 and 2016 so you are good to go with the unit you want to buy. They only list one model on the 2016 as the boss, but the part numbers are still the same.

HTH
    Marty

Sorry I was sick the last couple of days but wanted to say thank you. Sounds like it’s a go to get th cobra tune

Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    I checked them for you at Bike Bandit, they are the same part numbers between 2014 and 2016 so you are good to go with the unit you want to buy. They only list one model on the 2016 as the boss, but the part numbers are still the same.

HTH
    Marty
    That was a GREAT assist Marty. The way you took on the task of doing the leg work to help out another member is indicative of the type of AWESOME Forum we all have collectively cultivated here.

GREAT JOB BRO!!!😊😁😎👍✋️✋️✋️👍😎😁😊

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    That was a GREAT assist Marty. The way you took on the task of doing the leg work to help out another member is indicative of the type of AWESOME Forum we all have collectively cultivated here.

GREAT JOB BRO!!!😊😁😎👍✋️✋️✋️👍😎😁😊
    No biggie! Also those microfitches, are a real pain sometimes, the place you think the part should be listed at, it isn't on that schematic at all. I went from a Suki 04 Volusia to the 13 9, so I had been on them quite a bit and just figured I would hunt it down real quick.

Marty

Very Active Member

Sorry I was sick the last couple of days but wanted to say thank you. Sounds like it’s a go to get th cobra tune
    Glad I could help. Enjoy your 9! Wish I had went with the Black instead of going the cheaper route with the Fi2000r......live and learn lol.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    Glad I could help. Enjoy your 9! Wish I had went with the Black instead of going the cheaper route with the Fi2000r......live and learn lol.

Marty
    Marty,

maybe you can sell yours to this guy, and then upgrade..?

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post3889137
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.