new M109r rider in San Antonio

Thread: new M109r rider in San Antonio

Default new M109r rider in San Antonio

Just picked up my 2016 M109r been riding sportbikes my whole life. Looking for some suggestions on mods , websites and any good tuners in the local area. Also when weather gets warmer looking for some groups or individuals to ride with Thanks and excited to be a new M109r rider .

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Welcome

Welcome. First let me say, i jealous of your location. I have been wanting to live in Texas for a long time. Next, before the rest chime in, Pics are a requirement :) You will get burned without them :) FInally, there is sooo much info on this site, you will find everything you would want to know.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Welcome

So many mods one can do. almost endless the more you get looking. All depends on the depth of your pocket book

great selection of mods here http://www.meancycles.com

For performance - Xtre would be a cheap and good first step. The timing is retarded in the first 3 gears and this device will eliminate it and maintains your gear position indicator. there are cheaper versions but you will lose your gear indicator
    Intakes and exhaust then you'll need fuel management like Power Commander or Cobra FI etc

then there are unlimited cosmetic mods and comfort mods such as seats

easiest way around the forums to find what you are interested in is the google search at the bottom of the forum page

Good luck with keeping your cash in your wallet

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

thanks guys yeah mainly looking at the XTRE, some black exhaust upgrade , upgrade the headlight to LED or HID not sure yet, want to improve intake and what is better PC or the cobra fuel management. , I see the cobra only goes to 2014, and a manual also do we have any well known tuners. I know from previous cars I owned it was better to spend the money on someone who is a known tuner. These are some beautiful bikes I hesitated on buying one because I was waiting for a change, seems every time I buy a vehicle the next year is the new and improved model. I just couldn't wait any more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0839.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	365321  

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Nice bike and good thing it's blue as blues are the fastest

best tune would be on a dyno

here is a power commander tuning center near you http://www.quickperformancecycles.com/

here's great link to why to have it tuned properly rather than just using a map from someone else. Gained 20hp from proper tuning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fODO7skkxEw

I have the power commander5 but a lot here have the cobra. I'm gonna have mine dyno tuned in the spring as I've changed intakes and exhaust

here's a link to the manual https://www.manualslib.com/download/...i-Vzr1800.html
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 12-26-2017 at 12:48 PM.

thank you for the info greatly appreciate it

Hey John! David here from Facebook man. I’ll see ya Sunday for that ride and show ya my mods bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk