New Experiment

Thread: New Experiment

Default New Experiment

Well when i picked up Walnut Stock for my New SUpersport i bought it home and freaking thing fell 10 feet three dings i was crushed.

Well trip to Homedepot and picked up industrial grade gel stripper. Stripped and BOOOOMm nothing on stock just the varnish was cracked or dinged.

Then my brain started thinking lol yeah sometimes it does that.

What do you think

might try them on metal too next and Lasered Derby is coming soon too. Just dunno how it will react to chrome. Got this deep in wood will see how it works on Aluminium.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default New Experiment

Holly! That is smoked hot! Good thinking! You can customize it a whole bunch, can you put a decorative small metal inlay as well? Don’t you have those stamps from making the m109r lather pouch. Can those stamps press into the wood as well? Then rub in a darker stain? Ya you’ve got it my friend, let that imagination go wild! You might even be on a roll with a safari theme too? What fun you are having; keep us posted. I love seeing talent at work! Thank you

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. July 26-30.
    Planning stage. Location secured

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?

thanks Char gonna keep it clean just add initials along. those are Brass stamps they wont press into hard wood. Will need to cut into wood which i dont want to do for now. i was initially gonna route but then tooo much work.

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    thanks Char gonna keep it clean just add initials along. those are Brass stamps they wont press into hard wood. Will need to cut into wood which i dont want to do for now. i was initially gonna route but then tooo much work.
    Awe, what about scratching/cutting it in using exact-o-blade, then the stain would pick it up, it looks like you did a burn sketch?

I have my “cougar defender”, my dads Remington that I want to use when I go winter camping on the quad. It has that same etch grip which I just love!

It has a rough feel from the rest of the smooth wood,

What will you be using on your etched grippy part of the wood?

nice diamond pattern on that Remi

i wont touch anything else just few words and my initials not sure on few tinny flames but less is more too much becomes too crappy will have to see how i work on it plus i dont want to spend too much time as i loose interest quick lol.

Its nice and subtle for now.

BTW Cabelas has sale on just picked up Grand shotgun shells for 300 ish.

nice diamond pattern on that Remi

i wont touch anything else just few words and my initials not sure on few tinny flames but less is more too much becomes too crappy will have to see how i work on it plus i dont want to spend too much time as i loose interest quick lol.

Its nice and subtle for now.
    That’s fantastic! Keep us posted.
    I didn’t know what that grip was called, still can’t figure out how they got that diamond grip onto the wood? Or is that an inlay?

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    That’s fantastic! Keep us posted.
    I didn’t know what that grip was called, still can’t figure out how they got that diamond grip onto the wood? Or is that an inlay?

its done manually with special file knives. Tedious process

its done manually with special file knives. Tedious process

Oh wow! Way too cool, thanks!

hmm cant add more picss

I think you did a great job Impressive As soon as we can post pics again Want to see the finished product Is their a certain type of varnish You prefer.

tHanks Bro still trying to put the fully completed images but cant upload. Got the dyes out and just need to find time to start putting them its going to be a high patience job. For top coat i was gonna change from Polyurethane to Tru oil but i think iam going to stick with Poly or Varethane. I put a reflective sticker on my SKS and coated on top with Polyurethane didnt have dyes or i would have gone either Green or Blue on that but left it plain and grain popped out great

Very Active Member JerryAttrick's Avatar

tHanks Bro still trying to put the fully completed images but cant upload. Got the dyes out and just need to find time to start putting them its going to be a high patience job. For top coat i was gonna change from Polyurethane to Tru oil but i think iam going to stick with Poly or Varethane. I put a reflective sticker on my SKS and coated on top with Polyurethane didnt have dyes or i would have gone either Green or Blue on that but left it plain and grain popped out great
    Gorgeous work mate! I'd love to see it finished off with a traditional oil finish and no gloss....
    Growing old disgracefully... with a black '08 109R2.
    LAC Hi-flow intakes, Bassani pro-street turn-outs, Cobra FMS, Engine bars, De-beavered, 250 E3 rear / 160 Z6 front, Cyclops LED headlight, Slimline indicators, Kury Iso-grips, Iso-wings and Trident mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryAttrick View Post
    Gorgeous work mate! I'd love to see it finished off with a traditional oil finish and no gloss....
    lol Jerry I am all flashyy BLING BLING . My friends call me BLING Singh

Default Poly

After reading up on it again poly is the way to go hand rubbed
    12 coats a lot of patience
    I can post pics again also! Good work.

Very Active Member JerryAttrick's Avatar

lol Jerry I am all flashyy BLING BLING . My friends call me BLING Singh
    Haha, good on you! To each their own I say. Me? I'm very much old-school, traditionalist, or even minimalist in many cases (eg. the short, matte black turn-out pipes on my bike). Mind you, chrome sure does look good on the nine...
    Growing old disgracefully... with a black '08 109R2.
    LAC Hi-flow intakes, Bassani pro-street turn-outs, Cobra FMS, Engine bars, De-beavered, 250 E3 rear / 160 Z6 front, Cyclops LED headlight, Slimline indicators, Kury Iso-grips, Iso-wings and Trident mirrors.

All right pics back up Here is all art work completed and gearing up for reflective and Poly coats.

Reflective coating is simply visible when light shines upon it otherwise it be nice and glossy clear.

Holly that’s awesome! Love it!

first coat of reflective and varnish done letting dry and then will build up gloss.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171204_215400.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	363697 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171204_215406.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	363705 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171204_215420.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	363713 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171204_215428.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	363721

Well personally I like the more traditional wood stock finishes and believe SOME things cannot be improved upon! I think the Coloring is over the top and would have been more appealing to me if you would have stopped after the addition of the carved/burned in art but with that said the work itself is VERY Clean and looks to have been done by a Professional who has done this many times in his career. You my friend have some Awesomly creative artistic skills and you do what Suits your desires and I Commend you for that, Nice work so keep pushing that creative envelope regardless of what others like me may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Well personally I like the more traditional wood stock finishes and believe SOME things cannot be improved upon! I think the Coloring is over the top and would have been more appealing to me if you would have stopped after the addition of the carved/burned in art but with that said the work itself is VERY Clean and looks to have been done by a Professional who has done this many times in his career. You my friend have some Awesomly creative artistic skills and you do what Suits your desires and I Commend you for that, Nice work so keep pushing that creative envelope regardless of what others like me may think.
    lol thanks Latin

The bloody rear stock had a fine hairline crack so i had to strip the damn colour off and i redid the design havent got to dying it again yet. It changed from the original colour i had in mind i forgot to analyze that walnut is darker wood had it been maple the colour would have poped lot more but it turned out sweet the colour doesnt do justice in pics Now i am waiting for summer to really finish this baby infact my brand new benelli is sitting unused at my friends place as i want to get it done before i take it to range.

i love the walnut colour too and after this incident if i redo ill stay stock with varnish but now i have a front stock in same colour so going to go with that again sanding that is pain in back lol.

This was just another experiment i did with vinegar, salt and 12 volt battery still have to sand it to clean.

I loose interest real fast once i make what i want too then it sits
    Just working on two diff designs for my SKS stock for each side of stock. will take a bit of time but will be sick once i am done that will mostly likely be orange or neon green dye.
    long ways to go befor ei finalize just rough sketch in progress

thats a laminate light colour stock so it will really pop the stock and colour will see how it goes. any dark colour wood is basically not worth going with lighter shade as wood reacts differently

Default New Experiment

Holly! Crazy amount of work, can hardly wait to see that riffle put all back together! That bottle is cool! That new design is cool as well,I like the claw reach idea!