Three sisters ride possibly moved?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 69

Thread: Three sisters ride possibly moved?

  1. #1
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Three sisters ride possibly moved?

    Well I wanted to maybe change things up a bit and of course get everyone's opinion on it as well.

    Instead of having the annual ride doing the Three twisted sisters again this coming year, what if we changed location? Also maybe doing so change up the dates we go?
    The last recent ride was located in Center Texas and I believe that's a great location to hold it again and of course I'm up for other areas too. So throw in some suggestions.

    There are a couple of reasons I'd like to change it up this year. First off, the location (sisters) is quite far for some riders to make it out. I totally understand and I want to accommodate those people. Missing a few riders each year.
    Second, the Sisters ride is getting old and crowded. Not to mention super hot!!! NO SHADE! Out in east Texas it's hot yes but there is a lot more shade to ride in. Now with that being said, what if we moved it to say June? May is a difficult month for a few and summer time would be better. March and April the weather is Bi polar!

    Some of these smaller towns also have cheaper rates at the hotels. So chime in with your ideas/suggestions and let's get an early start on this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    I personally think the 3 sisters is a over rated route. Its kinda good, but after about the 3rd time there it gets kinda stale. The traffic there also hinders the speeds at times. And there is 2 lane traffic for the most part, so you have to watch out for on coming traffic.

    Im good with where ever. It wont be the longest Ive ridden to Im sure.

    The center, TX route was pretty good, no traffic, except for the rain. Plenty of stops along the way.

    I guess depending on where everyone is located. Im even open for a trip to MO, around the Eureka Spings area. But that might be a bit far for some.

    Now I havent been to Kerrville with the group in 2 years. But I also noticed fewer and fewer 9's each year also.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by M109Dreamer; 10-23-2017 at 06:42 PM.

  4. #3
    Very Active Member Chilly Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N.Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    I'm always in...just let me know when and where.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

  6. #4
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    I'm always in...just let me know when and where.
    I know that but throw your .02 in at least. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Very Active Member Chilly Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N.Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Uh oh you sure you want my .02? Well here it is, June is too hot riding anywhere in Tx.

    I agree with your comments, it's time for a change of scenery.
    March and early April is kinda hit and miss with cold or rainy weather. May is graduation month. Sept/Oct normally are good riding months.
    June will be hot and chances of rain is very low.
    The route we took during Center ride was very nice. I wouldn't mind doing it again without the rain! Maybe mid to late April would be great.

  8. #6
    Very Active Member kwivrme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    EARTH
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Ahhh So Grasshopper, That is why I started the Prowl of the Nines Thru the Pines way back when. To give alot of our Fellow Brothers and Sisters a chance to all come together where it was easier for the Long Haulers to have a shorter journey to get to the ride. I chose East Texas and Western Louisiana Piney Woods and Lakes Region to have a less crowded and safer environment to ride our machines. Granted it does not have the 10,15 or 20mph amount of tight turns but its got alot of nice 20,25,30 and 35 sweepers that are great to go into and out of. With the Exception of the one backwoods guy stopped in the middle of the road last ride there the routes are clear. Sucks that had to change the dates last go round because that meant rain was possible and so it did. Shade yes, trees yes, cooler yes, Hotels for less than half of Kerrvilles yes. There is alot more Country roads to meander on that are great and curvey that are there. I like Rodneys April or May idea. Hell its only for a weekend and posted months in advance to give time for people to arrange there schedules. I will keep and eye on the forum to see if interest shows in having a Spring Sortie, take care Craig....

  9. #7
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Good deal. Need some more people to chime in on this. Looks like it may be East Texas again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    If its east Tx...im down, as I live closer to New Orleans, again. I wont hit the twisted sisters again.
    Not because of my coolant issue I had....but because I wasnt able to take in ANY scenery unless we
    were going straight...at 95 mph.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernFattie View Post
    If its east Tx...im down, as I live closer to New Orleans, again. I wont hit the twisted sisters again.
    Not because of my coolant issue I had....but because I wasnt able to take in ANY scenery unless we
    were going straight...at 95 mph.
    Sounds good to me. So far it looks like itíll be moved East!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Also received a text from Jumprope that he also prefers East Texas as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #11
    Active Member WBM109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Posts
    67

    Default Hello from Oklahoma

    I would like to ride with your all, coming from OK. I dont mind the drive. The sooner your make the decision the better for me since I travel with my job alot. I have never been to three sisters but seen a group on fb riding that way I think in April. So I will get that one done.. Looking forward to seeing and riding with other Niners. Have a wonderful day.

  14. #12
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WBM109R View Post
    I would like to ride with your all, coming from OK. I dont mind the drive. The sooner your make the decision the better for me since I travel with my job alot. I have never been to three sisters but seen a group on fb riding that way I think in April. So I will get that one done.. Looking forward to seeing and riding with other Niners. Have a wonderful day.
    The talk right now is to mive the ride from 3 sisters to Center,TX. The group was there in Oct.

    Personally, I think 3 sisters is inflated in the quality of ride/roads. With the popularity and over crowded it gets on the weekend, I for one am glad its moving locations.

    The talk right now is looking like June.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  15. #13
    Very Active Member Chilly Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N.Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Yep it's time to lock in a date whether it's April, May, or June. But let's try not scheduling it on Mother's Day or Father's Day weekend.

  16. #14
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    Yep it's time to lock in a date whether it's April, May, or June. But let's try not scheduling it on Mother's Day or Father's Day weekend.
    Im ready, Im going to the MAM this year so we are good with anytime other than that week before and after the MAM.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  17. #15
    Very Active Member CMHGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Maggie Valley, NC bro......

  18. #16
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Well letís get a date going for June then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #17
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHGUY View Post
    Maggie Valley, NC bro......
    You going?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  20. #18
    Very Active Member ICEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    1,386

    Default


    I'm in for a ride . need to clear my head

  21. #19
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Depending on the date we will be there. We will be at the MAM this year, which is in June as well.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  22. #20
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,291

    Default

    When and where is this taking place? Have any decisions been made? I ask because I am going to be close to the twisted Sisters route around early March.
    Last edited by rynosback; 02-19-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  23. #21
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    When and where is this taking place? Have any decisions been made? I ask because I am going to be close to the twisted Sisters route around early March.
    Hey Ryno! The sisters is getting old and we want to change things up a little. Iím having knee surgery in March so I wonít be riding for a bit. Maybe someone else here can chime in and get together with you. What brings you down?
    Our ride will be in June and itíll be in east Texas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #22
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    Hey Ryno! The sisters is getting old and we want to change things up a little. Iím having knee surgery in March so I wonít be riding for a bit. Maybe someone else here can chime in and get together with you. What brings you down?
    Our ride will be in June and itíll be in east Texas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Avoiding winter brings me down to TX. I am a winter Texan in the valley, Mission. I hope that your surgery goes well.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  25. #23
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Okay people, June 22 is the weekend we are looking at. Be looking to stay in Nacogdoches that way we can head in towards Louisiana as well. Chime in!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #24
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    Okay people, June 22 is the weekend we are looking at. Be looking to stay in Nacogdoches that way we can head in towards Louisiana as well. Chime in!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I am taking it that June 22 ride didnt happen?

    I thought there was talk about an Oct ride?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  27. #25
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    It happened! Where were you? Lol. Okay so we were thinking October as well but I need to figure out my schedule in October. It slows down for us a bit then. Any idea as to where we want to stay? Throw some ideas out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #26
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    It happened! Where were you? Lol. Okay so we were thinking October as well but I need to figure out my schedule in October. It slows down for us a bit then. Any idea as to where we want to stay? Throw some ideas out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    June happened? Who all went, just you?
    We are good with Oct.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  29. #27
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Maybe beginning of November. Get back to you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #28
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    169

    Default Any chance of having an East Coast ride?

    I'm brand new here, but a ride in the NC/TN mountains would be awesome. Maybe we can ride the dragon of any of the many, many trails out there. Just a suggestion, because I only see rides out in the Midwest; maybe I've just missed the posts with rides out this way...

  31. #29
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS_man View Post
    I'm brand new here, but a ride in the NC/TN mountains would be awesome. Maybe we can ride the dragon of any of the many, many trails out there. Just a suggestion, because I only see rides out in the Midwest; maybe I've just missed the posts with rides out this way...
    You haven't missed them because there havent been any this year.
    The TX crew usually has a 3 sisters ride but word was they might mive it from March in Kerrville to Oct-Nov in Nacodochez TX. But havent heard if anything about an actual plan. Hell Ive reached out to a couple that are near me, and I couldnt even get them to even agree for a meet up. Ive just accepted riding with just the wife around the DFW *****ty roads.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  32. #30
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    You haven't missed them because there havent been any this year.
    The TX crew usually has a 3 sisters ride but word was they might mive it from March in Kerrville to Oct-Nov in Nacodochez TX. But havent heard if anything about an actual plan. Hell Ive reached out to a couple that are near me, and I couldnt even get them to even agree for a meet up. Ive just accepted riding with just the wife around the DFW *****ty roads.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I'm riding from Jacksonville, Fl. to Galveston in Nov. Don't know the exact dates yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts