M109 Rider Forums banner

Three sisters ride possibly moved?

11K views 127 replies 15 participants last post by  dre319 
#1 ·
Well I wanted to maybe change things up a bit and of course get everyone's opinion on it as well.

Instead of having the annual ride doing the Three twisted sisters again this coming year, what if we changed location? Also maybe doing so change up the dates we go?
The last recent ride was located in Center Texas and I believe that's a great location to hold it again and of course I'm up for other areas too. So throw in some suggestions.

There are a couple of reasons I'd like to change it up this year. First off, the location (sisters) is quite far for some riders to make it out. I totally understand and I want to accommodate those people. Missing a few riders each year.
Second, the Sisters ride is getting old and crowded. Not to mention super hot!!! NO SHADE! Out in east Texas it's hot yes but there is a lot more shade to ride in. Now with that being said, what if we moved it to say June? May is a difficult month for a few and summer time would be better. March and April the weather is Bi polar!

Some of these smaller towns also have cheaper rates at the hotels. So chime in with your ideas/suggestions and let's get an early start on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I personally think the 3 sisters is a over rated route. Its kinda good, but after about the 3rd time there it gets kinda stale. The traffic there also hinders the speeds at times. And there is 2 lane traffic for the most part, so you have to watch out for on coming traffic.

Im good with where ever. It wont be the longest Ive ridden to Im sure.

The center, TX route was pretty good, no traffic, except for the rain. Plenty of stops along the way.

I guess depending on where everyone is located. Im even open for a trip to MO, around the Eureka Spings area. But that might be a bit far for some.

Now I havent been to Kerrville with the group in 2 years. But I also noticed fewer and fewer 9's each year also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Uh oh you sure you want my .02? Well here it is, June is too :cus: hot riding anywhere in Tx. :joke:

I agree with your comments, it's time for a change of scenery.
March and early April is kinda hit and miss with cold or rainy weather. May is graduation month. Sept/Oct normally are good riding months.
June will be hot and chances of rain is very low.
The route we took during Center ride was very nice. I wouldn't mind doing it again without the rain! Maybe mid to late April would be great.

#6 ·
Ahhh So Grasshopper, That is why I started the Prowl of the Nines Thru the Pines way back when. To give alot of our Fellow Brothers and Sisters a chance to all come together where it was easier for the Long Haulers to have a shorter journey to get to the ride. I chose East Texas and Western Louisiana Piney Woods and Lakes Region to have a less crowded and safer environment to ride our machines. Granted it does not have the 10,15 or 20mph amount of tight turns but its got alot of nice 20,25,30 and 35 sweepers that are great to go into and out of. With the Exception of the one backwoods guy stopped in the middle of the road last ride there the routes are clear. Sucks that had to change the dates last go round because that meant rain was possible and so it did. Shade yes, trees yes, cooler yes, Hotels for less than half of Kerrvilles yes. There is alot more Country roads to meander on that are great and curvey that are there. I like Rodneys April or May idea. Hell its only for a weekend and posted months in advance to give time for people to arrange there schedules. I will keep and eye on the forum to see if interest shows in having a Spring Sortie, take care Craig.... :doorag:

#8 ·
If its east Tx...im down, as I live closer to New Orleans, again. I wont hit the twisted sisters again.
Not because of my coolant issue I had....but because I wasnt able to take in ANY scenery unless we
were going straight...at 95 mph.

#11 ·
Hello from Oklahoma

I would like to ride with your all, coming from OK. I dont mind the drive. The sooner your make the decision the better for me since I travel with my job alot. I have never been to three sisters but seen a group on fb riding that way I think in April. So I will get that one done.. Looking forward to seeing and riding with other Niners. Have a wonderful day.

#12 ·
I would like to ride with your all, coming from OK. I dont mind the drive. The sooner your make the decision the better for me since I travel with my job alot. I have never been to three sisters but seen a group on fb riding that way I think in April. So I will get that one done.. Looking forward to seeing and riding with other Niners. Have a wonderful day.
The talk right now is to mive the ride from 3 sisters to Center,TX. The group was there in Oct.

Personally, I think 3 sisters is inflated in the quality of ride/roads. With the popularity and over crowded it gets on the weekend, I for one am glad its moving locations.

The talk right now is looking like June.

#21 ·
Hey Ryno! The sisters is getting old and we want to change things up a little. I'm having knee surgery in March so I won't be riding for a bit. Maybe someone else here can chime in and get together with you. What brings you down?
Our ride will be in June and it'll be in east Texas.

#25 ·
It happened! Where were you? Lol. Okay so we were thinking October as well but I need to figure out my schedule in October. It slows down for us a bit then. Any idea as to where we want to stay? Throw some ideas out there.

#26 ·
It happened! Where were you? Lol. Okay so we were thinking October as well but I need to figure out my schedule in October. It slows down for us a bit then. Any idea as to where we want to stay? Throw some ideas out there.

June happened? Who all went, just you?
We are good with Oct.

#28 ·
Any chance of having an East Coast ride?

I'm brand new here, but a ride in the NC/TN mountains would be awesome. Maybe we can ride the dragon of any of the many, many trails out there. Just a suggestion, because I only see rides out in the Midwest; maybe I've just missed the posts with rides out this way...

#29 ·
I'm brand new here, but a ride in the NC/TN mountains would be awesome. Maybe we can ride the dragon of any of the many, many trails out there. Just a suggestion, because I only see rides out in the Midwest; maybe I've just missed the posts with rides out this way...
You haven't missed them because there havent been any this year.
The TX crew usually has a 3 sisters ride but word was they might mive it from March in Kerrville to Oct-Nov in Nacodochez TX. But havent heard if anything about an actual plan. Hell Ive reached out to a couple that are near me, and I couldnt even get them to even agree for a meet up. Ive just accepted riding with just the wife around the DFW *****ty roads.

#33 ·
Okay so an update. November 9-11 will be the date for the ride and it’ll take place in east Texas. Will get back as far as location. If anyone has a location they might like to go to, post it up.

#34 ·
Okay so an update. November 9-11 will be the date for the ride and it'll take place in east Texas. Will get back as far as location. If anyone has a location they might like to go to, post it up.

There is really only a couple of places to stay in that area, if your looking to ride the same areas we did earlier. We stayed in Center then, but Nacadoches is just as close. Doesnt matter to me but I havent seen any activity in the TX board in a while. The guys that metup last time was Craig, Mark, Rodney and his buddies and Sarah and I. Was funny, we got poured on and road the rest of the way without rain gear. Was fun though.
Might want to post up on the FB page and see if anyone is wanting to meetup for the weekend and ride. And when you decide on the location, see if Larry and Anthony wanna go as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.