Rider Down - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rider Down

Thanks Buddy. I appreciate all the get well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Bill View Post
    Glad you are alive and still with your family.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Ok pretty sure I have a lot of this, 23,25,30,32,33,35, I will confirm when I get to my shop. If you have a smart phone download the app (Whatsapp) and use my cell 516-359-6789, we will be able to contact each other thru text, phone calls and video calls. I use this app with members and customers in UK, Netherland, Africa, Costa Rica ect.

Last edited by some 9; 10-24-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I have kickstand,lollipops and mirrors ready..looking for salad bowl and left black side cover and anything else...will keep an eye on thread and ship all in one package
    Stav

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    Ok pretty sure I have a lot of this, 23,25,30,32,33,35, I will confirm when I get to my shop. If you have a smart phone download the app (Whatsapp) and use my cell 516-359-6789, we will be able to contact each other thru text, phone calls and video calls. I use this app with members and customers in UK, Netherland, Africa, Costa Rica ect.

This is what I was able to scrap up for Paul

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

This is good, thank you. Iím on the hunt. Ebay has the stator cover but both so far are not so good shape. One is useable the other is not. And the other covers are scratched and dented. Will keep hunting.

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. July 26-30.
    Planning stage. Location secured

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    This is what I was able to scrap up for Paul

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    you truly are a rock star... Iíll send black side cover,turn sigs,and clutch lever if he needs it,still looking for tank badge,I have one just not sure if itís left or right side...also checking a lead for chrome piece around derby cover
    Stav

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

9er'sRock.

Not sure if the tank badges on the M50 are the same as the ones on the M109 or not?
    But if they are the same and you need the tank badges let me know and I will pull the ones off the wife's M50 to send to Stormieezz.
    I keep saying I am going to take them off but have not as of yet.
    Wish I had more to contribute but it sounds like you already have the blinkers and the only other thing I have laying around is the seats, which are not on his list.

BCS

Glad to hear you are still with us.
    Rest and get healed up and rebuild her better than before.
    Bikes can be fixed or replaced.

Hi Guys and gal

I don't know how to show my appreciation for everything you all have said and done for me thus far. It's almost unreal to think that there are people like yourselves out there that are so willing to help a brother out. I consider myself the proverbial "tough guy" and I must admit that right now after reading the replies since my last post, your collective generosity has once again given me foggy eyes. A million "thank yous" and God's richest blessings to you all.

Forever grateful,

Paul

Hi Stavros

If you still have the clutch lever I would much appreciate it bro. Mine is now ground down, bent and cracked. P.S. I sent a PM a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    you truly are a rock star... Iíll send black side cover,turn sigs,and clutch lever if he needs it,still looking for tank badge,I have one just not sure if itís left or right side...also checking a lead for chrome piece around derby cover

Thank you for looking BC, I really appreciate it. Here's a hug.
    xxxx

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	0d38e4d5e3061c6cea962513aecc2df1--funny-hug-lol-funny.jpg†
Views:	27†
Size:	6.9 KB†
ID:	360826

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    This is good, thank you. Iím on the hunt. Ebay has the stator cover but both so far are not so good shape. One is useable the other is not. And the other covers are scratched and dented. Will keep hunting.

Hi SuperADD

Thanks a mill buddy. Oh I intend getting my bike in tip top condition again. I am going to start with getting myself healed properly and then I am going to tackle the beast. I will post pics once the beast is fixed again.

P

Quote Originally Posted by SuperADD View Post
    Glad to hear you are still with us.
    Rest and get healed up and rebuild her better than before.
    Bikes can be fixed or replaced.

Hi BCS

I can confirm that the tank badge is the same across the range but please buddy, don't rip it off just for me as you may need to respray your wife's bike after that and then I will be in trouble with another man's wife and really feel bad about it. LOL. I can get myself into enough trouble with my own wife. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    9er'sRock.

Not sure if the tank badges on the M50 are the same as the ones on the M109 or not?
    But if they are the same and you need the tank badges let me know and I will pull the ones off the wife's M50 to send to Stormieezz.
    I keep saying I am going to take them off but have not as of yet.
    Wish I had more to contribute but it sounds like you already have the blinkers and the only other thing I have laying around is the seats, which are not on his list.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by stormiezzz View Post
    Hi Stavros

If you still have the clutch lever I would much appreciate it bro. Mine is now ground down, bent and cracked. P.S. I sent a PM a while back.

Have the clutch lever,will Include it...found left side black cover this morning..just have to remove my turn signals this weekend..still waiting call back on chrome piece around derby...

will ship hip what I have Monday
    Stav

Hi BCS

I can confirm that the tank badge is the same across the range but please buddy, don't rip it off just for me as you may need to respray your wife's bike after that and then I will be in trouble with another man's wife and really feel bad about it. LOL. I can get myself into enough trouble with my own wife. hehe.
    LOL...I have been wanting to De-Badge her bike since she got it. So no worries there.

If you need them they are yours.....I can pull them off tomorrow.

BCS

Thanks a million my brother. I am forever grateful.

Have the clutch lever,will Include it...found left side black cover this morning..just have to remove my turn signals this weekend..still waiting call back on chrome piece around derby...

will ship hip what I have Monday

Yes please buddy. I will need the left side only. Heaps of thanks.

LOL...I have been wanting to De-Badge her bike since she got it. So no worries there.

If you need them they are yours.....I can pull them off tomorrow.

BCS

Yes please buddy. I will need the left side only. Heaps of thanks.
    Got the badges off my wife's bike last night will try to get them in the mail today.

Hope you are doing well and feeling a bit better each day.

BCS

Hi BCS

Yes, I am doing better each day thanks. Every day I am able to do a little more. Great news on the badge buddy. Much appreciated.

If you intend sending via USPS, my home physical address is as follows:

Paul Tappan
    4 Noel Street
    Kuils River
    Cape Town
    South Africa

Once again many thanks.

Got the badges off my wife's bike last night will try to get them in the mail today.

Hope you are doing well and feeling a bit better each day.

BCS

Very Active Member

So sorry to hear you went down! Very glad to hear you are still among us! On Memorial day this year a buddy and I went down to his hometown of Steelville MO from St. Louis. On the way back we took Interstate 44, they had cut out the lanes, first the middle then farther on the right or the left, and had zero warnings about the cutout portions. They left a HUGE step up in each of the sections and it went on for miles, the step up's were 3-4" difference. This is absolutely a serious danger to someone on a motorcycle.

I would move over to another lane to get away from riding in the cut out portion and it would suddenly be the portion cut out, then would change to another lane cut out, it was like playing Russian roulette, everyone was coming home to St. Louis from the holiday weekend and were driving in the normal get the hell back home fashion of 80-90 mph. I was never so glad to get off a road in my life.

Keep us posted on your healing, and let us know how we can help
    Marty

Hi Marty

Thanks for sharing your experience. It makes me so angry when construction companies do not take peoples safety into consideration when they perform road maintenance etc. I am glad you got back safely as it could have been a different scenario as in my case. I have vowed to make it my mission from now on that when I see such irresponsible road construction in future that I will take the time to inform the local municipal council relating to the area involved. I also intend doing so in writing. Hopefully the noise I make might just end up saving someone else the agony I am currently going through.

I promise to keep you and everyone else that has been son forthcoming with their well wishes and generosity up to date on how I am progressing in the healing process. Right now I am just looking forward to getting my physio started so that I know which exercises to perform in order to regain the use of my arms. Once that is done, I want to get my bike back into tip top condition and get back to work. I miss my staff and they are like a family away from home to me.

Anyways, until I chime in again. Keep well buddy and keep the rubber to the tar.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    So sorry to hear you went down! Very glad to hear you are still among us! On Memorial day this year a buddy and I went down to his hometown of Steelville MO from St. Louis. On the way back we took Interstate 44, they had cut out the lanes, first the middle then farther on the right or the left, and had zero warnings about the cutout portions. They left a HUGE step up in each of the sections and it went on for miles, the step up's were 3-4" difference. This is absolutely a serious danger to someone on a motorcycle.

I would move over to another lane to get away from riding in the cut out portion and it would suddenly be the portion cut out, then would change to another lane cut out, it was like playing Russian roulette, everyone was coming home to St. Louis from the holiday weekend and were driving in the normal get the hell back home fashion of 80-90 mph. I was never so glad to get off a road in my life.

Keep us posted on your healing, and let us know how we can help
    Marty

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Lots of posts, Iím just trying to figure out what youíve got so far, or confirmed is on the way.

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?

Lots of posts, Iím just trying to figure out what youíve got so far, or confirmed is on the way.
    Tank Badges are in the mail and on the way.

Thought it was odd that the lady behind the counter of the post office said it could take up to 3 months to be delivered to South Africa via First Class Mail......personally I think she might be off her meds. She was a very bitter and down right nasty woman to deal with.
    Let me know when they get to you Stormiezz so I know how long it actually takes.

BCS

^^^^

she wasnít kidding Sparky,Iíve sent some stuff out that way usps...took forever..10 weeks would be good.
    must be on a row boat..

ill check DHL and see what they offer...not sure how quick stormy needs em ?
    Stav

^^^^

she wasn’t kidding Sparky,I’ve sent some stuff out that way usps...took forever..10 weeks would be good.
    must be on a row boat..

Carrier Pigeon could get there faster than 90 days. (and probably could have taken the package, it was only 4.2 oz total with the badges, box, bubble wrap and shipping labels)

Oh well I have faith they will get there sooner or later and tank badges will not keep the bike from going down the road.

We should all ante up $10 and each pick a date we think they will arrive, closest one wins and winner takes all. (We bet on anything and everything when at sea)

I will take Nov 26th.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 10-31-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Many thanks BCS

I really appreciate your help. Let me know about the shipping costs. At least let me make good on that buddy.

Paul

Tank Badges are in the mail and on the way.

Thought it was odd that the lady behind the counter of the post office said it could take up to 3 months to be delivered to South Africa via First Class Mail......personally I think she might be off her meds. She was a very bitter and down right nasty woman to deal with.
    Let me know when they get to you Stormiezz so I know how long it actually takes.

BCS

HAHAHA

I love this idea of a bet. I will go with 11th December. I promise to be honest and let you guys know the actual date when they arrive.

Carrier Pigeon could get there faster than 90 days. (and probably could have taken the package, it was only 4.2 oz total with the badges, box, bubble wrap and shipping labels)

Oh well I have faith they will get there sooner or later and tank badges will not keep the bike from going down the road.

We should all ante up $10 and each pick a date we think they will arrive, closest one wins and winner takes all. (We bet on anything and everything when at sea)

I will take Nov 26th.

BCS

Hi Stavros

Yep, unfortunately shipping stuff to South Africa sometimes takes a while. Our post office has also gone down the tubes over the last few years and are not as efficient as it once was but they still get the job done. I have so much physio to look forward to so I will most likely miss most of the riding season here anyway which starts now until about end March next year. If all goes well and I manage to locate a stator cover then I will be in the saddle by early next year. No need to rush the parts my friend.

^^^^

she wasnít kidding Sparky,Iíve sent some stuff out that way usps...took forever..10 weeks would be good.
    must be on a row boat..

Hi BC

Everyone has been so generous that I am forever grateful. As requested by some I will keep an updated list of my requirements going.

Using my original post of parts required as reference, so far I can confirm that the following is on its way:

NO.'s as per sketch;

9 - LHS Chrome air cleaner cover - from some 9
    17 - Gear lever assembly - from some 9
    21 - Sidestand - from some 9
    23 - LHS Chrome mount - from some 9
    29 - LHS Tank Badge - from Bering_C_Sparky
    30 - LHS stock mirror - from some 9
    35 - Stator cover plate - from some 9

What I am still trying to source are the following items:

18 - LHS stock front footrest with cast iron mount
    22 - LHS stock passenger footrest
    24 - Chrome headlight nacelle (Cover)
    25 - Black headlight nacelle (Cover)
    31 - LHS + RHS stock bar end covers
    32 - LHS stock rear indicator
    33 - LHS stock front indicator
    34 - Chrome stator cover (Some 9 already sent centre plate for the stator cover)

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20171023_155532.jpg†
Views:	28†
Size:	33.1 KB†
ID:	361058

Here is a big thank you to all of you for all the help so far.

Default January 7

My guess is the Cedar Key postal workers are in no rush either...

easy money,I like it...
    Stav