What is a rolling chassis worth?

Thread: What is a rolling chassis worth?

Default What is a rolling chassis worth?

I have a opportunity to pick up an 08 M109 that doesn't have a motor or much else around where the motor was. My question is, based on the pictures, what would you say it's worth?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109R

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Based on what I see in the pics, I would be willing to pay no more than $3500 for the rolling chassis, which seems to be in very good condition. Of course a motor, transmission, and radiator are needed, as far as major items are concerned...and it should be expected that there'll be many smaller components needed to get the rolling chassis into a fully functional and safe operating M109R. I think it'll take a possible $2500 additionally to have a completed project, unless the buyer actually has a good source that can provide the missing components at a lower/great price. That's just my assessment/opinion. Others may see it differently.

personally I would try to get the lowest price possible for the tank and fenders etc. In fact Would love to know what the seller might want for just the painted parts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    personally I would try to get the lowest price possible for the tank and fenders etc. In fact Would love to know what the seller might want for just the painted parts.
    My understanding is the OP is considering the entire rolling chassis, knowing he will have to acquire the missing components to have a fully functional M109R. Based on his post, I didn't think he was looking for just a few of the parts, as they wouldn't benefit him if he has no rolling chassis to put them on. That's what I gathered from this.

You're correct Judah I was planning on picking it up and trying to acquire all of the missing components to make this once again a fully functional 109 and just wondering what other people would pay for the rolling chassis as it sits

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Bill View Post
    You're correct Judah I was planning on picking it up and trying to acquire all of the missing components to make this once again a fully functional 109 and just wondering what other people would pay for the rolling chassis as it sits

Has the owner of the bike given you a price yet? If not, make him/her an offer of $2,000. You will have gotten a GREAT deal if the owner agrees to that price. If not, then you can negotiate from there, knowing that your top dollar price will not exceed $3,500. I think it's likely you can get it for less than $3,500 if you're even just a fairly good negotiator. Give it a try Bro, and let us know the outcome. The bike looks to be in really good condition other than the obvious missing components. 😊👍👍👍😊

Not much there but stock shell..unless the paint scheme really floats your boat,I wouldn’t go over $1000

tuff sell with that paint..seller would be better off parting what’s left out..lowball him
    Stav

Very Active Member

$1000 - $1500 Is What I Would Say Also. Otherwise you can pretty much pay $5500 - $6000 for a fully functioning 9 without the aggravation of chasing down parts for cheap money and then adding the labor. But if your into it go for it! And hell... while you're at it take the plastics off and get the whole frame chromed while you can! I know you wouldn't be able to see all of it but I'm a chrome whore and would love to do that if I could!

My thought was that the tins, tank, and headlight were at least worth $1200, the stock wheels and tires $750, and the frame, forks, triple trees, swing arm, hub, rear inner fender, handle bars and all combined at least another $1200. However, if he's able to get the entire rolling chassis for $1000, he will have certainly found the deal of a lifetime, because even if a motor, trans and labor to install everything were to cost him another $3000-$4000, he's still well below what he could likely purchase even an 06' model for. So, I agree with you guys who believe he should make an offer of $1000, and see how it goes.😊👍👍😊

Make sure a clear title comes with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    Make sure a clear title comes with it too.
    That's a very good point L2P. I never thought about that.

with a clean title 1200. without, 500. thats a lot of work waiting for you to put her back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    with a clean title 1200. without, 500. thats a lot of work waiting for you to put her back together.
    In my opinion, that's truly a lowball price...$1200 or $500 for a bike that has everything in tact except the engine and transmission. If it were mine, I certainly wouldnt let it go for that low of a price.

Well there is more missing than that, what I see in addition to that is the pegs rear brake pedal and master cylinder and reservoir, radiator and fan and Radiator shroud. I know it needs a lot and I may just part it out and keep some of the stuff that will interchange with my C109.

I didn't realize all those items/components were missing. Perhaps you're right...you may be better off parting it out.

Sorry Bill, i wasnt trying to lowball ya. I just know from experience and looking at that, there is way more involved than simply buying a motor and trans . by the time you buy everything you need to put it back together, you will be everybit of 4500 i bet maybe more. Then assembly etc fluids etc the price will add up to a good used machine in a heartbeat.