Bike running sluggish in 1st and 2nd gear

Thread: Bike running sluggish in 1st and 2nd gear

Default Bike running sluggish in 1st and 2nd gear

On my Bike today and everything was fine,all of a sudden I noticed when I go to take off the bike is kinda sluggish in 1st and 2nd gear. Any ideas on what's going on?

John's 2 1/2 lowering bones,ISO grips w/stiletto tips,debeaver,debadged,Hard Khrome side burner exhaust,ATRE, LEDs and HID headlight

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Hi there
    I think you are going to have to provide more information like;

When last did you service the bike?;
    What mods do you have?;
    Power commander installed?;
    Etc.

Once you have provided the normal usual info as per above requirements then guys will be able to chime in and assist with a diagnosis via a process of elimination.

Good luck with getting it sorted buddy.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

The bike was checked out a couple of months ago at the dealer and everything checked out fine. I did notice that my clutch lever was not fully going back into it's normal position after I switch gears and release. It could be just a cable needing to be adjusted. The characteristics the bike was showing me when I take off is as a clutch would be going out on a car.

I've put on the side burner exhaust years ago and that's it, never had any problems until now. The bikes a 2009 and has 10k that kinda shows how much I ride.

John's 2 1/2 lowering bones,ISO grips w/stiletto tips,debeaver,debadged,Hard Khrome side burner exhaust,ATRE, LEDs and HID headlight

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymann View Post
    The bike was checked out a couple of months ago at the dealer and everything checked out fine. I did notice that my clutch lever was not fully going back into it's normal position after I switch gears and release. It could be just a cable needing to be adjusted. The characteristics the bike was showing me when I take off is as a clutch would be going out on a car.

I've put on the side burner exhaust years ago and that's it, never had any problems until now. The bikes a 2009 and has 10k that kinda shows how much I ride.
    Dont judge by the clutch lever going back. It should move a little when under load. The slack will be taken up a little. You dont want it to be too tight. Thats how the cable snaps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You ever figure out a solution to this? I was getting some juttery movements in 1st and 2nd for a little while, but dumped about 8 oz of Chevron's fuel system cleaner, and my bike is running much more smoothly.

Riding a 2013 M90 with almost 11k miles on my end (i purchased used a few months ago with 10.3k on it, and have only put on a few hundred miles on my own, but figured our motors were in about the same shape).