2017 Virginia Ride

Thread: 2017 Virginia Ride

Default 2017 DMV M109r Ride - October 1st 2017

Hey DMV 9r's, on Sunday, Oct 1st 2017 we plan on getting together for our 4th annual DMV Ride. There will be two meetup points. Northern VA and MD riders should plan on meeting up 9:00AM at the Sunoco Gas Station, 14124 Lee Highway, Centreville, VA 20120. Gas station is right off of Route 66. Kick stands up at 9:30am. We'll meet the Southern VA Riders at the second meetup spot at the BP, 4215 Winchester Rd, Marshall, VA 20115. Meetup time will be around 10:30AM, hopefully leaving around 10:45AM.

I encourage everyone to come out, even if it's for part of the trip Currently the round trip from Centerville to Centreville is 202 miles, taking rounghly 4 hrs and 40 min. We will take breaks about ever hour or so, and have a lunch spot selected in Elkton, VA (Jack Bown's Burger Joint). Non-M109 riders are welcome to come.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to respond. Any time changes will be posted here.

Here is a link to the proposed route:
    https://tinyurl.com/yazfjug3
    Last edited by MainEvent; 09-26-2017 at 01:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Can't believe I missed this. I was about to post up that you were slacking this year. I stand corrected... I'm the slacker for not seeing it! Hahaha!

Count me in! I'm available any weekend between now and mid October.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Can't believe I missed this. I was about to post up that you were slacking this year. I stand corrected... I'm the slacker for not seeing it! Hahaha!

Count me in! I'm available any weekend between now and mid October.
    Hahahaha, it's all good. We've had some rides up this way so I know there should be a couple other guys interested. Unfortunately my bike is up on the stand while I take care of some items. Hope to be back on the road this weekend. I'd say we get a poll going to see what week works best. I think the sooner the better. Lets shoot for either 9/16 -17 or 9/27 - 28. I'll also post up on the DMV M109 Facebook page.

Good to hear from yuh!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default 2017 Virginia Ride

I'm in.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

Do you guys have the "Where to Ride" App? If not download it for the android phone, It tracks all local Event's in our area.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post
    Hahahaha, it's all good. We've had some rides up this way so I know there should be a couple other guys interested. Unfortunately my bike is up on the stand while I take care of some items. Hope to be back on the road this weekend. I'd say we get a poll going to see what week works best. I think the sooner the better. Lets shoot for either 9/16 -17 or 9/27 - 28. I'll also post up on the DMV M109 Facebook page.

Good to hear from yuh!
    9/27 (Wednesday) 9/28 (Thursday)?

I'm good for any weekend except 9/30. 10/1 is ok tho. Also, I may be headed to Maggy Vally 10/11 - 10/15. Other than that, any weekend dates work for me.

9/27 (Wednesday) 9/28 (Thursday)?

I'm good for any weekend except 9/30. 10/1 is ok tho. Also, I may be headed to Maggy Vally 10/11 - 10/15. Other than that, any weekend dates work for me.
    Yea I mean the 23/24th. Hoping to get my bike back up today, will look at the projected forecast. At this point maybe the 23rd/24th might give folks more time to plan especially if they need to request off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yea I mean the 23/24th. Hoping to get my bike back up today, will look at the projected forecast. At this point maybe the 23rd/24th might give folks more time to plan especially if they need to request off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well I got my bike off the truck and running I'm open for the 23rd/24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Biker View Post
    Well I got my bike off the truck and running I'm open for the 23rd/24th.
    Glad you got the bike back. Last week Saturday while working on the bike, I sprained my back. Could barely walk for a couple days, but feel much better now. As a result, I'm not 100% sure I'll be ready for a ride next week, so I'm thinking on pushing it back one week to Sunday Oct 1st.

Again I'll keep everyone updated on the status. With you included I already had 5 confirmed. Hope everyone could make it with the date change.

Glad you got the bike back. Last week Saturday while working on the bike, I sprained my back. Could barely walk for a couple days, but feel much better now. As a result, I'm not 100% sure I'll be ready for a ride next week, so I'm thinking on pushing it back one week to Sunday Oct 1st.

Again I'll keep everyone updated on the status. With you included I already had 5 confirmed. Hope everyone could make it with the date change.

Got it, get well so.

I am still riding this weekend. Saturday the 23rd if anyone wants to join in. We have a small group of Victory riders headed out to Senaca Rocks. It will be a spirited ride on route 33 to a pizza joint for lunch and back. Let me know if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I'll see everyone on 10/1 as long as MainEvent figures out that they make jacks for lifting bikes and he doesn't have to dead lift it every time he needs it in the air! Hahaha!

Hope your back gets better soon Mo!

I am still riding this weekend. Saturday the 23rd if anyone wants to join in. We have a small group of Victory riders headed out to Senaca Rocks. It will be a spirited ride on route 33 to a pizza joint for lunch and back. Let me know if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I'll see everyone on 10/1 as long as MainEvent figures out that they make jacks for lifting bikes and he doesn't have to dead lift it every time he needs it in the air! Hahaha!

Hahaha, wish I could make it out this weekend. Weather looks beautiful. Gonna hopefully get the bike out and do some local riding, testing to see if I can hold up for our ride on the 1st. I'll also post routes soon. Possible Mary, BikerGranny and possibly Harris might join. Although I love those 300 mile days, may have to shorten this ride some.

What time are you guys heading out? I will be available after 12p.

I'm sure they headed out around 8:00am, for the ride out there will take a few hours. Route 33 through VA and WV is nice. Great sweepers through the mountain. Beautiful day to be out. What you doing tomorrow? I'm hoping to go for a ride in the afternoon/evening. I know Stafford is almost an hr away from where I live, and we would be riding even further northwest from our location.

I'm sure they headed out around 8:00am, for the ride out there will take a few hours. Route 33 through VA and WV is nice. Great sweepers through the mountain. Beautiful day to be out. What you doing tomorrow? I'm hoping to go for a ride in the afternoon/evening. I know Stafford is almost an hr away from where I live, and we would be riding even further northwest from our location.
    Well I'll be available all day tomorrow.

Sorry, just saw your post. Left the house at 7am yesterday. Had a good ride. 417 miles.

Sorry, just saw your post. Left the house at 7am yesterday. Had a good ride. 417 miles.
    That's a looong day, lol. Did you get back before dark?

On a good note got the bike back up yesterday, so should be ready to roll for next week. Hey Sean, will CJ, Rob, Kevin or any of the 9's in your area join us? I'll be posting routes today, but it will be similar to what we did last year.

That's a looong day, lol. Did you get back before dark?

On a good note got the bike back up yesterday, so should be ready to roll for next week. Hey Sean, will CJ, Rob, Kevin or any of the 9's in your area join us? I'll be posting routes today, but it will be similar to what we did last year.
    I would have been back before dark, but one of Gouchland's finest had other plans for me.

Here is the route we rode yesterday. (Light blue line)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4529.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	358681

I'll text the others to see if they want to join in.
    Last edited by Poseidon; 09-24-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Oh wow, Nice!. my son had a Football game.

Are you still get out this afternoon?

Default FB Event Created on DMV M109r Page

Edited the OP and updated the Subject.

Hey DMV 9r's, this coming Sunday, Oct 1st 2017 we plan on getting together for our 4th annual DMV Ride. There will be two meetup points. Northern VA and MD riders should plan on meeting up 9:00AM at the Sunoco Gas Station, 14124 Lee Highway, Centreville, VA 20120. Gas station is right off of Route 66. Kick stands up at 9:30am. We'll meet the Southern VA Riders at the second meetup spot at the BP, 4215 Winchester Rd, Marshall, VA 20115. Meetup time will be around 10:30AM, hopefully leaving around 10:45AM.

I encourage everyone to come out, even if it's for part of the trip Currently the round trip from Centerville to Centreville is 202 miles, taking rounghly 4 hrs and 40 min. We will take breaks about ever hour or so, and have a lunch spot selected in Elkton, VA (Jack Bown's Burger Joint). Non-M109 riders are welcome to come.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to respond. Any time changes will be posted here.

Here is a link to the proposed route:
    https://tinyurl.com/yazfjug3
    Last edited by MainEvent; 09-26-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Thread for pictures of our ride. (Link below)

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=335321

Thread for pictures of our ride. (Link below)

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=335321