Photobucket "fix" for Chrome and Chrome-based browsers (and now, Firefox!)

Thread: Photobucket "fix" for Chrome and Chrome-based browsers (and now, Firefox!)

Support Team Member Board Support-2's Avatar

Lightbulb Photobucket "fix" for Chrome and Chrome-based browsers (and now, Firefox!)

The issue where photobucket has "blocked" access to photos posted on third-party websites unless you pay $400/year may be resolved through the use of an extension. It's called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix."

I do not know how long this will work, but I have been using it for the last month. Check it out for yourself.

Also, ~original placed after the .jpg at the end of a Photobucket link will make the photo be visible.

So, if the link was s52.photobucket/username/MyPic.jpg, you can change that to s52.photobucket/username/MyPic.jpg~original and everyone will be able to see the image.

EDIT:
    Here is a Fix for Firefox
    Last edited by Board Support-2; 08-28-2017 at 10:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thank you very much for posting this info. I've tried the ~original approach and that worked perfectly but i was wondering if you can give any more details about the chrome download link method please? What should i expect to happen when i download the fix?
    Any further info you could give would be very helpful.
    Thanks.

Simply install the extension, then go into extensions (under "More Tools") and select "Allow access to File URLs", and, if you wish, "allow in incognito mode".

The only thing you should notice is that some images, previously not visible, will now appear properly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-2 View Post
    Simply install the extension, then go into extensions (under "More Tools") and select "Allow access to File URLs", and, if you wish, "allow in incognito mode".

The only thing you should notice is that some images, previously not visible, will now appear properly.
    So this is a fix for the particular device you use with a chrome browser installed and really has nothing to do with the forum itself? Meaning will i need to add the patch to all my decices?

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    So this is a fix for the particular device you use with a chrome browser installed and really has nothing to do with the forum itself? Meaning will i need to add the patch to all my decices?
    That is correct.

Awesome, thanks.

Updated with fix for Firefox