WTB - M109r dual battery tray

Thread: WTB - M109r dual battery tray

Default WTB - M109r dual battery tray

Been looking for one of these for a while. They used to be on ebay but haven't seen them in a while. Anyone got one they wanna part with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Never heard of a dual battery tray for the 109! What are you attempting to do, why the need for a second battery? Also what are you gonna do for the stator/generator to insure it doesn't burn out as it tries to keep up with keeping 2 batteries charged while also powering the bikes electric system?

Someone made one some time back and used to sell them. They weren't cheap and so not many sold which is probably why they are for sell anymore. You can wind your own stator or have it done professionally for more output. I'm using a second battery because I'm running right at 4K watts out of two quality amps. One is full time with the second on a latched switch to use on demand.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Duel battery box

Quote Originally Posted by Weedahoe View Post
    Been looking for one of these for a while. They used to be on ebay but haven't seen them in a while. Anyone got one they wanna part with?

JC at Mean cycles use to sell this product
    You might get ahold of him . If I remember right
    it was only about 175.00 dollars.
    I think Crazytrain has it under his seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post
    JC at Mean cycles use to sell this product
    You might get ahold of him . If I remember right
    it was only about 175.00 dollars.
    I think Crazytrain has it under his seat!
    Correct, it used to be 175 which is why it likely isnt avail any more. Very Very few people ever added enough things to warrant needing 2 batteries unlike the HDs and Victorys where guys are fully tricking them out

Might have to make my own as time allows

What exactly do you have in mind?
    Why do you need a double battery?
    2007 M109R, Mods: Avon Air Grips, Custom Derby Cover, Rivco Brake Pedal, TRE.

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

What amps are you running?
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

Running two DS18 Black Diamond 2000.4 amps, may change to (2) 1500.2 for better wiring configurations

Anyone who ever has had a large audio system will usually run multiple batteries for a couple of reasons, one being more amperage to run systems better and two, being to run a battery isolator so when you are parked with the engine off and running the system that you draw off the system battery and not your starting battery.

Running two DS18 Black Diamond 2000.4 amps, may change to (2) 1500.2 for better wiring configurations
    I don't know what speakers you are running, neither what your budget is, but there are better amps than those mentioned.
    Check these out.

http://www.arcaudio.com/p/moto-600-4?pp=24
    http://soundstream.com/product/pn4-1000d/
    http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-a...plifiers-hdp4/

I personally had tested those above and can swear for them.

There is also this one:
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...tails/t400x4ad

Some guys at thew HD Forums have done a lot of research regarding amps to be used on the bikes.
    If you have some spare tie you might want to take a look there.
    Here are some reviews of amps that they have done.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ch-6-amps.html

You are probably aware that the charging system on the 9 is really anemic at a little less than 30 Amps. I bought a used stator from ebay and sent it to these people and they were able to rewire it and get about 3 more amps (3%)
    https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com...tator-20_S164H
    I also got this rectifier from them.
    https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com...ulator-10_211H

I bouth a battery box from ebay, and modified it for this Yuasa battery.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Correct that Hertz and Ar are more nice but a lot more coin......maybe later on.

Using (4) DS18 Black Diamond 6.5s and (4) DS18 BD 6x9s with (2) DS18 compression/horn tweets

Already sent a stator out to Rick

That battery you posted looks like a std HD batt

Correct that Hertz and Ar are more nice but a lot more coin......maybe later on.

Using (4) DS18 Black Diamond 6.5s and (4) DS18 BD 6x9s with (2) DS18 compression/horn tweets

Already sent a stator out to Rick

That battery you posted looks like a std HD batt
    Do you have the amps and speakers already?
    What HU are you using?

That battery is the biggest battery that there is built for a motorcycle. It is 32AmpHour and 550 CCA, The standard battery that comes with the HD is 20 AmpHour.

Already have all of my gear. Go see my videos for some reference. Not using a head unit. I use tablets in all my builds. They have wireless charging, all audio is wireless through Bluetooth, built in navigation, full internet, all digital media and I take with me when I leave so nothing to steal.

www.youtube.com/Weedahoe

I did have one but I gave mine away, believe me I tried every which way to make it work but not enough room with the air ride, compressor. my intentions were to have another battery just to run the leds and when it droped to a certain voltage it would shut itself off. Jeff Watts is now the owner of it, gave it to him at the MAM. I got it from New Rage Cycles at the time, don't think they offer it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by crazytrain; 08-07-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    Tempting Fate, One 9 at a Time!

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

I'm running right at 4K watts out of two quality amps.
    Running two DS18 Black Diamond 2000.4 amps, may change to (2) 1500.2 for better wiring configurations.

4 ohms = 80wrms per channel.
    2 ohms = 125wrms per channel.
    4 ohnm Bridged = 2 x 250wrms.

Taking 2 x 30A fuses = 60A total draw. 12v x 60A = 720watts possible.

I've been doing mobile audio for 24 years. I agree this is a bit for a bike's charging system, but get the 4kw out of your mind bro, it'll mess you up.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

I used to be MECP. Running extra batteries with restricted charging systems to no different than running old school hydraulics with 10 batteries in the trunk. Not for street usage, just shows and parking lots.