M109 Rider Forums banner

Please Get Rid of the Video Ads!!!

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Bering_C_Sparky 
#1 ·
The video ads need to go!!! They are slowing down loading of the pages on the site. I understand having some ads, but the video ads that automatically start playing and you can't stop them are a bit ridiculous!!!

#5 ·
As long as they aren't playing with sound, they fall into what we consider acceptable, but they also shouldn't be slowing you down. If they are, then they need to be altered to be more seamless.

Next time you are getting a slow experience, can you check along the bottom of your screen for a message detailing what the site is waiting on? If you see something, can you grab a screenshot of it?

Kevin

#8 ·
Ads? What Ads? I use uBLock Origin on my browser.. haven't seen ads in Months. In my case, I don't have broadband internet at home and loading a video ad or even ads in general slows down my internet to a halt.. the only way to make it useable is to filter out ads.

#12 ·
Using Google Chrome and see no video ads, and not using an ad blocker either. Don't get them at work on the desk tops there either, regular Windows computers. Other than that, I keep the speakers off on any computer I'm on. As long as I can't hear it, and they go away soon, it's just part of being online. I don't watch the TeeVee often, due to the constant, never ending commercial interruptions. What TeeVee I do watch is through FREE rabbit ear television. I refuse to pay to watch commercials.

#18 ·
That's not an ad, just a rider chick :p We do have allotted number of ads that appear on the site but they should not in any way shape or form be intrusive to your user experience. That said, if you encounter pop up ads (redirects and/or video ads that automatically play), these should not be there and we require your assistance in removing these.
Please provide the following details so we can getalert our techs to get rid of these at once:

1. Device/OS/browser you're using
2. Geo-location (city/state - we ask for thisbecause often times these are region based)
3. Redirect URL - if you are getting redirect, please copy/paste the URL
4. Screenshot(s)
5. Ad call - this is the best piece of evidence to help locate the source: right click on the ad itself and select either "inspect element" or "view frame source" (whichever you see). A new tab should open and display a bunch of code - copy and paste this code and report it to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience these ads havecaused you. Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.