Anyone local (Calgary)
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Anyone local (Calgary)

  1. #1
    Member gmcm90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26

    Default Anyone local (Calgary)

    I was riding to work this morning heading south on Deerfoot Trail in Calgary when I notice a bike approaching from behind. As it goes by I notice that it is a dark blue 9 with Cobra swept exhaust. Could this be someone on this board? I didn't try and keep up as it was still early (6am), so I thought I would post on here and ask. Why not!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmcm90 View Post
    I was riding to work this morning heading south on Deerfoot Trail in Calgary when I notice a bike approaching from behind. As it goes by I notice that it is a dark blue 9 with Cobra swept exhaust. Could this be someone on this board? I didn't try and keep up as it was still early (6am), so I thought I would post on here and ask. Why not!!
    There use to be quite a big group, most still ride there 9 but have other baby's now. I remember them chatting about bike night or bike meet every week some place? Combe threw the posts I'm sure you'll spot it. There might be a Calgary community, or alberta? Check it out.

    We're about 8 hrs from you. Drop us a line or post next time your in BC


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  4. #3
    Member gmcm90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    There use to be quite a big group, most still ride there 9 but have other baby's now. I remember them chatting about bike night or bike meet every week some place? Combe threw the posts I'm sure you'll spot it. There might be a Calgary community, or alberta? Check it out.

    We're about 8 hrs from you. Drop us a line or post next time your in BC


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    My parents live in West Kelowna, and depending on work (oil & gas sector) I might have some free time to ride out there for a few days. We'll see.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Hey hey, another YYC member.

    Certainly a few 9'ers in town. I believe there is really only 4-5 of us that cruise the boards here and its rare to see anything from us.
    We don't get together much any more due to a few of us having kids in the last year or 2. The Grey Eagle Casino used to have a car/bike night on Wednesdays that we would attend form time to time. No hang outs planned since that got shut down.

    Not too sure I know who has a dark blue M in town?
    Have noticed a few more M's around lately. To my knowledge there is no local FaceBook page. There is a Canada M109 page but rarely do I see something posted there.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  7. #5
    Member gmcm90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Hey hey, another YYC member.

    Certainly a few 9'ers in town. I believe there is really only 4-5 of us that cruise the boards here and its rare to see anything from us.
    We don't get together much any more due to a few of us having kids in the last year or 2. The Grey Eagle Casino used to have a car/bike night on Wednesdays that we would attend form time to time. No hang outs planned since that got shut down.

    Not too sure I know who has a dark blue M in town?
    Have noticed a few more M's around lately. To my knowledge there is no local FaceBook page. There is a Canada M109 page but rarely do I see something posted there.
    Technically, I'm not a 9'er, I'm a 90'er (??). Still would be good to get to know some riders in town (of any bike really). I did the "Santa" ride a couple of years ago, and there were a couple of 9's in the group, but none of the owners were around before we had to go.

  8. #6
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default Anyone local (Calgary)

    Quote Originally Posted by gmcm90 View Post
    My parents live in West Kelowna, and depending on work (oil & gas sector) I might have some free time to ride out there for a few days. We'll see.
    Cool! That's a great ride if going south from Revelstoke! I found a place for a WAM (west Atlantic meet) in Nakusp.
    Let us know when you can take off, could meet in Nakusp.

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •