Maggie Valley October 11-15

Thread: Maggie Valley October 11-15

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Default Maggie Valley October 11-15

I just wanted to post up and thank all you guys at the MAM for letting us spyder people crash your party this week. As always, it was a joy to see old friends, and meet new ones.
    Now I would like to offer you guys a chance to return the favor, and crash our little party. There will be a Spyder rally in Maggie Valley October 11-15th. This will be the a great time for those of you that have never been to the area, to experience some of the best riding that you will ever have. For lodging, you can just go to Hotels.com or booking.com and choose any of the hotels in the Maggie Valley or Waynesville area. If you are in Maggie Valley, you can choose anything with the address Soco Rd. or hwy 19. All this is along one main drag, and very close to one another. We will be staying at the Hearth Home Inn, and I can see about getting a couple of extra rooms reserved if you would like.
    Keep in mind, that there is also lodging in Cherokee, Bryson City, and Waynesville. All these towns are within 30 minutes or so of each other.
    This is also the time of year to see some of the most beautiful leaf colors imaginable. If you would like more details, or have any questions, just shoot me a pm, or post up if interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top. I know Big Mike plans on going up with us since he didn't get to go to the MAM. Don't let him be the only one to come and crash our little spyder party. Best riding will be Thursday and Friday. Saturday should be nice also, but the leafers tend to come out on the weekend.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I am ready to crash the Spyder rally! Every chance I get to go to the mountains, sign me up.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just wanted to bump this back to the top and let you all know that this would be a good time to get a preview of what will be in store for the MAM in June of next year. This should also be around peak leaf changing time. Hope you can make it.

Bringing this back to the top. Need some of you M109 guys to come and help Big Mike represent. We promise to be easy on you guys

I was planning to attend this, but I just got word that we are having a mandatory regional meeting on the 12th and 13th. Doesnt look like I will be able to make it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I was planning to attend this, but I just got word that we are having a mandatory regional meeting on the 12th and 13th. Doesnt look like I will be able to make it this year.
    Let's see, leave for Maggie Valley after work on Friday, and be there for some good riding on Saturday. If you were to decide to do that, let me know. I will save the best roads for that day

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Bringing this back to the top. Need some of you M109 guys to come and help Big Mike represent. We promise to be easy on you guys
    Hey Keith, that's not fair. Now, you know that my bike is lowered 2" and my VH Bigshots drags quick in those sharp curves. I always catch up in the switchbacks. I may have a RS or F3.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Hey Keith, that's not fair. Now, you know that my bike is lowered 2" and my VH Bigshots drags quick in those sharp curves. I always catch up in the switchbacks. I may have a RS or F3.
    I promise to wait on you at the stop signs and turnoffs.

Let's see, leave for Maggie Valley after work on Friday, and be there for some good riding on Saturday. If you were to decide to do that, let me know. I will save the best roads for that day
    I would probably just pick a different week to go. It would be a long trip down for only one day of riding!

I promise to wait on you at the stop signs and turnoffs.
    I'm riding with the group led by KK. They like to cruise and enjoy the scenery not barely getting a glimpse of it. KK likes seeing breathtaking views instead of views the take your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I'm riding with the group led by KK. They like to cruise and enjoy the scenery not barely getting a glimpse of it. KK likes seeing breathtaking views instead of views the take your breath.
    You better hope that KK is following someone. The first year he went with us, we stopped at the Wendy's in Cherokee to take a break. He passed us by and I had to chase him down after I realized he wasn't stopping. He was nearly in Bryson City before he stopped. Can you say the blind leading the blind

Looks like my luck may be changing. It is looking like the meeting might get rescheduled. Should know if I can go either the end of this week or early next week. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Looks like my luck may be changing. It is looking like the meeting might get rescheduled. Should know if I can go either the end of this week or early next week. I'll let you know as soon as I know.
    That would be great! I hope you guys are able to make it. Not sure how familiar you are with the area, but there are so many great roads there to ride in that choosing which direction to go is your hardest decision. Last year Mathew had things a little wet, but I was able to ride in a different direction each day and still stayed dry. The only down side was that on the day I did the Cherohala Skyway, it was so foggy that you could hardly see your hand in front of your face. Still made for some great riding. Hope to see you there.

Still bumping this to the top.
    Going to take a 3 day mountain trip to the mountains starting Sunday. A spyder friend of mine wanted to ride the entire BRP. Since the wife is going away (starting this Sunday), on a women's retreat with the ladies at our church, this is the perfect excuse for me to get out and ride. Starting in Cherokee Monday morning and traveling the entire 469 miles by Wednesday. Taking our time, and pictures along the way.

Bumping it once more. We will be packing up 1 week from tonight and heading out to Maggie Valley. The temps will make for some great riding. Come join us if you can.

Bumping it once more. We will be packing up 1 week from tonight and heading out to Maggie Valley. The temps will make for some great riding. Come join us if you can.
    I'm still planning to be there. I have a couple of more details to work out, but I'm off work all next week. Looking forward to it!

Unfortunately I'll miss this trip due to my wife is having surgery (carpal tunnel) on her hands this Friday. I'm ready just in case the doctor reschedules. I love invading Spyder rallies.

Anyone else planning to be there, or will I be the only odd ball there on 2 wheels? Hahaha! My wife and I are heading out in the morning. See you tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone else planning to be there, or will I be the only odd ball there on 2 wheels? Hahaha! My wife and I are heading out in the morning. See you tomorrow afternoon.
    I cancelled my vacation time for the trip today hoping that my wife felt better. Otherwise, Sean you would not have been the Lone Ranger. Safe travels and enjoy!!