M90 Sighting in Herndon VA

Thread: M90 Sighting in Herndon VA

Default M90 Sighting in Herndon VA

Don't know if the member is on here or not, but saw a black M90 parked off Crestview rd. If your here, holla at me. We have a couple 9's in the area and we're hoping to do some rides this summer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just got an M90 in silver spring, Md....when I get a little more proficient, may try to meet up with you guys, if you're open to letting newbies ride with you.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw09 View Post
    Just got an M90 in silver spring, Md....when I get a little more proficient, may try to meet up with you guys, if you're open to letting newbies ride with you.
    Hey hoglaw09, just saw this message. Yea were always open to new comers. M109r are well represented in the DMV area. We have a FB group, search DMV M109r riders. Is the M90 your first bike? What color? Any pics?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post
    Hey hoglaw09, just saw this message. Yea were always open to new comers. M109r are well represented in the DMV area. We have a FB group, search DMV M109r riders. Is the M90 your first bike? What color? Any pics?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry about that - haven't been on this fourm as much lately.

Yea, this is my first bike, so I've been taking it slow; mostly riding in the early AM's on Saturdays/Sundays, when drivers aren't in a hurry and/or are more patient. Finanlly confident in my ability to stay upright, so started riding to work in the AM.

Bike is a used 2013 Suzuki Boulevard M90; got it from CYCLEMAX in Gaithersburg back in July. So far, so good. Bike had about 10,300 miles on it, but seems in good shape and well taken care of. They did change the fluids (at least oil and transmission), and it runs fairly smooth. I plan on changing out the air filter and prob the spark plugs while it's not in use over the winter. May also go ahead and flush the coolant as well.

Pics are below, and I'm wrapping up a lighting project I put clear lenses on all four turn signals, and 6000k LED's on the front. I want to add a LED Headlamp, but am still searching for an H4 lamp I think will fit the housing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front profile .jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	380232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side profile.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	380234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED lights.jpg 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	380236

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw09 View Post
    Sorry about that - haven't been on this fourm as much lately.

Yea, this is my first bike, so I've been taking it slow; mostly riding in the early AM's on Saturdays/Sundays, when drivers aren't in a hurry and/or are more patient. Finanlly confident in my ability to stay upright, so started riding to work in the AM.

Bike is a used 2013 Suzuki Boulevard M90; got it from CYCLEMAX in Gaithersburg back in July. So far, so good. Bike had about 10,300 miles on it, but seems in good shape and well taken care of. They did change the fluids (at least oil and transmission), and it runs fairly smooth. I plan on changing out the air filter and prob the spark plugs while it's not in use over the winter. May also go ahead and flush the coolant as well.

Pics are below, and I'm wrapping up a lighting project I put clear lenses on all four turn signals, and 6000k LED's on the front. I want to add a LED Headlamp, but am still searching for an H4 lamp I think will fit the housing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front profile .jpg 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	380232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side profile.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	380234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED lights.jpg 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	380236

I did the same when first starting out riding. Everyday after work and Sunday mornings I'd be practicing around my area. I had a M50 then. Was a great starter bike. I started commuting into work about a month of so later, but only on Friday. It then became almost everyday. I say your doing the right thing. Take your time and learn at you own pace. If you don't feel comfortable, don't push yourself and take it easy. Ride within your limits and don't try to show out for other people.

Bike's looking good. Clear lens look much better. I did a similar mods where I changed my lens to clear-smoked lenses. This riding season is coming to an end for most of us. I'll still try to get some days in before the weather gets below 40's. We do have a ride schedule for next week Sunday here, but since your a new rider I'd suggest joining us on our run next year. By that time you'll get to know your machine and it's capabilities much better.
    Last edited by MainEvent; 10-15-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post

I did the same when first starting out riding. Everyday after work and Sunday mornings I'd be practicing around my area. I had a M50 then. Was a great starter bike. I started commuting into work about a month of so later, but only on Friday. It then became almost everyday. I say your doing the right thing. Take your time and learn at you own pace. If you don't feel comfortable, don't push yourself and take it easy. Ride within your limits and don't try to show out for other people.

Bike's looking good. Clear lens look much better. I did a similar mods where I changed my lens to clear-smoked lenses. This riding season is coming to an end for most of us. I'll still try to get some days in before the weather gets below 40's. We do have a ride schedule for next week Sunday here, but since your a new rider I'd suggest joining us on our run next year. By that time you'll get to know your machine and it's capabilities much better.
    Sound advice my dude! I'm finally comfortable enough to be confident that I won't cause a fall, and am working on getting comfortable riding in traffic. Still sticking to local roads where I know the road conditions and potholes, but think that I'll be good enough to venture out with you guys next spring.

Looking forward to it, and stay safe out there! There were a few deaths last week in Montgomery and PG county from SUV's and Cars pulling out in front of them.
    Last edited by hoglaw09; 10-16-2018 at 09:42 AM.