300,000 miles.....Like a ROCK!!

Thread: 300,000 miles.....Like a ROCK!!

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Post 300,000 miles.....Like a ROCK!!

I just clocked 300K miles on my 2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8. I bought her in 2002 with 22K miles on it. I performed all the scheduled maintenance and fluid changes during the years. I had to replace two water pumps (lifetime warranty), two fuel pumps, alternator and changed the spark plugs once. I used all Chevy OEM parts. She gets 14mpg city and 17mpg highway. I'm ready for a Chevy commercial......LIKE A ROCK!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4233.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	352241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4239.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	352249

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

That's awesome bro but I'm not a Chevy truck guy the truck still looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1048 View Post
    That's awesome bro but I'm not a Chevy truck guy the truck still looks great

Thanks Bobby, my Dad always bought Chevy products and the apple did not fall far from the tree.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

You're welcome, I'm a Ford truck guy but don't much care for their cars.

US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default 300,000 miles.....Like a ROCK!!

Got to love a Chev! Any comments on bearings or is that just routine stuff then doing tires/brakes, also how does it pull? Hubby is looking at a bigger chev, our Colorado can only pull 4000lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Last edited by biker-chicky; 07-14-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Got to love a Chev! Any comments on bearings or is that just routine stuff then doing tires/brakes, also how does it pull? Hubby is looking at a bigger chev, our Colorado can only pull 4000lbs.

Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    BC, I just only repacked the bearings and never had to replace them. I could pull 5000 lbs max. I was going to pull my wife's NISSAN from Florida to North Carolina when we moved here but decided she needed to experience a 500 mile drive. Once the swelling went down, she was okay Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    BC, I just only repacked the bearings and never had to replace them. I could pull 5000 lbs max. I was going to pull my wife's NISSAN from Florida to North Carolina when we moved here but decided she needed to experience a 500 mile drive. Once the swelling went down, she was okay Lol.
    This is great news thanks, good to hear your wife is good too! I'm thinking not all years are good, so knowing your year is standing up to it all is good. I'll keep en eye out for one with low Km out our way. Thanks!