M109 Rider Forums banner

2010 C109RT EXCVA FI problem

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Assassin 
#1 ·
Hello
Newbie here, please excuse my inexperience.
A couple of weeks ago, the FI light came on and off. I checked and its the EXCVA.
Cleaned the valve on the outside, used wd40 on the spring and cables.
Light is still on, the servo doesnt move when I turn the motor on/off.

Can someone (please) explain why this is needed? After-market pipes dont seem to use this valve.
Is there a way to leave it open and just disable the mechanism?

Thank you
Ride safe :)

#2 ·
Your exhaust valve is gone with your OEM pipes. What you have there is servo motor,
which more then likely failed (plastic gear teeth). I am not sure if your ECU has a #7 wire
which earlier models M109R-s have, and needs to be cut/removed to stop the signal from
now failed servo motor. Other option is to buy simple plug-in "Exhaust Servo Eliminator"
made by (couple manufacturers). In both cases you can throw away whole servo motor
mechanism after.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166780&p=1772459&viewfull=1#post1772459

#3 ·
Thank you for the prompt reply :)
Reading my post I realized I forgot to mention that I am using the original pipes. sorry.
Any reason why I need this valve?
This is a C109RT, is that different than the M109 ?
Do I visit the mechanic or just get the "servo buddy" installed and forget about it?

Had few bikes since 1995, first time I see this exhaust valve.

Very much appreciated

#4 ·
Thank you for the prompt reply :)
Reading my post I realized I forgot to mention that I am using the original pipes. sorry.
Any reason why I need this valve?
This is a C109RT, is that different than the M109 ?
Do I visit the mechanic or just get the "servo buddy" installed and forget about it?

Had few bikes since 1995, first time I see this exhaust valve.

Very much appreciated
IMHO this explanation is close to the truth, but it is bias because they are selling the "Eliminator".

http://www.skutr.net/exhaust-valves-and-servo-motors-explained/

I would disconnect the mechanism with/and the servo motor, The butterfly valve in the exhaust
will stay open because it is spring loaded. That will require the 'servo eliminator' .. But, if you are
mechanically skilled, you can open the servo motor mechanism, and fix the worn out plastic gears
inside, by simple flipping the gear wheel 180 degrees and use the good part/side of the gears....
You will need to pay attention to the contacts parts which needs to be reinstalled adequately...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.