Heading to Kansas City
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Heading to Kansas City

  1. #1
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,354

    Question Heading to Kansas City

    Heading to Kansas City, Missouri in about a week. Any must see's or do's? Thanks for the heads up.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Kansas City is well known for its great barbecue. Make sure eat a dinner at Gates Barbeque in K.C.

  4. #3
    Very Active Member Mrtallguy67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    632

    Default

    I would recommend Joe's KC BBQ and the famous Jack Stack! Not sure if you have a spouse into shopping, but there is the country club plaza and the ledgends outdoor shopping center. There is union station and the liberity memorial. If you are into shooting there is a new frontier justice store with indoor range. You could catch a Royals game if you have time. Just some ideas off the top of my head.

    BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Kansas City is well known for its great barbecue. Make sure eat a dinner at Gates Barbeque in K.C.
    Will look into it, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    I would recommend Joe's KC BBQ and the famous Jack Stack! Not sure if you have a spouse into shopping, but there is the country club plaza and the ledgends outdoor shopping center. There is union station and the liberity memorial. If you are into shooting there is a new frontier justice store with indoor range. You could catch a Royals game if you have time. Just some ideas off the top of my head.
    Will Check out Joe's. We fulltime in a 5th wheel so there is no room for shopping.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  7. #5
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,354

    Default

    We stopped by a fire station and asked if we could only eat at one BBQ place what would it be. And it was one of the ones that you guys pointed me to.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8263.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	349242

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8256.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	349250

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8258.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	349258

    We also went to a GREAT ice cream place across the street called Sylas & Maddy's. The ice cream is made on premises. A great finish to a great meal!
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  8. #6
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,551

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    We stopped by a fire station and asked if we could only eat at one BBQ place what would it be. And it was one of the ones that you guys pointed me to.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8263.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	349242

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8256.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	349250

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8258.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	349258

    We also went to a GREAT ice cream place across the street called Sylas & Maddy's. The ice cream is made on premises. A great finish to a great meal!
    Hey Ryan, you are suppose to use the bread to sop up the remaining BBQ sauce....umm so good!

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  9. #7
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Hey Ryan, you are suppose to use the bread to sop up the remaining BBQ sauce....umm so good!
    Mike, we were stuffed. We polished off a whole rack of ribs, 1/4 lb of pulled pork, 2 pieces of TX toast and a huge bag of fries. The fries tasted exactly like fries from 5 guys, which is a good thing. Plus I knew we were going to get some ice cream afterwards.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  10. #8
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    I'm glad you were able to find and experience some good Midwest BBQ, and ice cream.😊👍

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Mrtallguy67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    We stopped by a fire station and asked if we could only eat at one BBQ place what would it be. And it was one of the ones that you guys pointed me to.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8263.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	349242

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8256.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	349250

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8258.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	349258

    We also went to a GREAT ice cream place across the street called Sylas & Maddy's. The ice cream is made on premises. A great finish to a great meal!


    Joe's is good for sure! Can't go wrong polishing lunch off with some Atlas and Maddy's either! Glad you enjoyed lunch!

    BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •