M109 Rider Forums banner

Has anyone successfully installed a tach

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  BradSmith 
#1 ·
I have been trying to figure out how to fix the bouncy needle issue with the baron tach I installed. Has anyone successfully installed one of these on a 109? Mine is an 08 C109R it bounces at idle and then steadies from 1500 to 2k then bounces from there thru 3k and steadies at 4k and remains steady

#3 ·
Yes I did, and it's bouncy because of it. If I hook it up to one coil or the other I read half rpms but it's steady as a rock, I'm gonna buy another adapter and see if it's just faulty. It's on the list of stuff to do but not near the top at the moment

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#5 ·
From memory, I think you have to connect to the 2 main coils, very front and very back of the engine (the other 2 coils may or may not fire depending on whats going on). Using the tach adapter to join the 2 signals without crossing.

Any tach will do, i had a Baron that mounted on the handle bar clamps.

#8 ·
There are 2 plugs per cylinder, you will need the adapter to read from each cylinder.
Choosing the correct coils is important from what another member told me when I first installed in 2008.
Very front plug and very back plug. And from my picture links below, the wire colours should be visible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.