M109 Rider Forums banner

Sena 10 S

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  bludoc 
#1 ·
Installed a Sena 10 s on my full face helmet a week ago. So far I am liking it, apart from receiving calls and listening to music the best thing that I like is the voice commands (Android) work so well I can text and make calls without touching the phone while riding.
It also has FM radio you can connect it to your GPS and phone both at the same time.

What are you all using?

#3 · (Edited)
I have my Sena20s mounted on a Bell Pitt Boss half helmet .
The Sena 20s comes with 2 mounts, so I have one installed on my half face (that is the one I commonly use) and the other mount I have it installed on my full face helmet , which I use only for longer highway rides .
If I am changing helmets , I just switch the Sena 20s to the other helmet . I do have to unscrew 2 small screws that hold the mount , bolt them in and I am ready to go .

#8 ·
I did not know that 20 s came with 2 mounts that might have been a better choice as I could have installed one on my modular. The only difference between 10 and 20 s I noticed was the range and how many riders you could connect to. Since I do not ride in groups I went for the 10 S.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have the 20S mounted on my Shoei RF1200. My wife has the same set up. Works great as comms, Bluetooth music and directions from my iPhone, make and receive calls, etc. No wind noise, exhaust, or any other background noises are heard by the other party on the phone. It has FM radio also, but the reception isn't always the best.

I have a new helmet on order with a new bluetooth headset. I'll be posting a review of both once I receive them. :bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
I have the 20S mounted on my Shoei RF1200. My wife has the same set up. Works great as comms, Bluetooth music and directions from my iPhone, make and receive calls, etc. No wind noise, exhaust, or any other background noises are heard by the other party on the phone. It has FM radio also, but the reception isn't always the best.

I have a new helmet on order with a new bluetooth headset. I'll be posting a review of both once I receive them. :bigthumbsup:
Sean, please let us know. btw which new helmet did you buy?

#10 ·
How is the audio for listening to music?

I have Aria Signet Pro Touring and want it mainly for music

View attachment 345786

The helmet pockets are in the cheek pads. Want something with great sound and bass

The android interface would be awesome too.
Not sure how much of it might affect on listening to the music since the speaker pockets on your helmet are in the cheek pads. In my helmet they are right behind the ears and the sound quality is decent if not the greatest. Schuberth is pretty quiet in terms of road noise so that might be another thing to compare with Arai.

#6 ·
Sena 20s

I have had the Sena 20s mounted on my Shoei GT Air for a year now and really like it.The only complaint is that the bluetooth will cut in and out in some cases while music is on.I found in freeway traffic it is the worst,just wonder if its trying to lock on or search other bluetooth devices as everyone has one on in there car or truck. Its great on the open roads and the Gps feature is great.

#12 · (Edited)
Well, let me explain : The Sena20s comes with a set of speakers which fit on the helmets cavity for them , and even thou these speakers are nice and clear , they lack a lot of bass . As I explained previously , I use the full face sparingly , like when in rear occasions I make a longer highway ride so I installed the Sena20s speakers on that helmet .
Now , for my everyday helmet I installed a set of earbuds (Sony MDR-XB50AP) that are really good and have plenty of bass . I use the system mainly for music (Pandora , USB stick ) from the Bluetooth capability on my phone , etc so I wanted more bass .
The system is also good for the phone GPS , which I use . I believe the Google GPS is way better than anything else and it is updated many times daily .
Sena20s allows 2 phone Bluetooth connections at the same time , so I can be listening to music from the phone and when the GPS directions are spoken , the music stops for the spoken directions , etc Same thing with the Chieftain system if I am using the USB stick or if I am also connected to the Garmin Nuvi 765 (as a backup GPS) then , when the directions stop , the music comes back . I can also answer calls , etc etc .
It sometimes goes mute for a few seconds and comes back again . I noticed that it happens more while on the Indian Chieftain ... I think it is the Chieftain`s Bluetooth getting in the way somehow . When I am on the 109r that does not have a Bluetooth system itself , it almost don't happen at all .
If you want sound quality , get the Sony earbuds .

#19 ·
Well, went ahead and pulled the plug on the 20S Dual. Put an offer on a set on eBay and to my surprised 😳 it was immediately accepted at $375. I believe the seller has others sets for anyone interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.