taillight question

Thread: taillight question

Default taillight question

hey guys just ordered a bunch of new mods for the bike being new pegs, custom dynamics front amber signal light bar, led headlight, mirrors ,levers and a smoked intergrated taillight! The thing since ive ordered everything ive hears stories about cops giving out tickets for the taillight cause the signals are too close together has anybody dealt with this before? im gonna debeaver the bike and if that's gonna be an issue I think for plate lights ill use the custom dynamics led plate bolts that have the amber lights on the end and hook those to my signals but id like to just use the standard led plate bolts if I can

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default taillight question

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton 109r View Post
    hey guys just ordered a bunch of new mods for the bike being new pegs, custom dynamics front amber signal light bar, led headlight, mirrors ,levers and a smoked intergrated taillight! The thing since ive ordered everything ive hears stories about cops giving out tickets for the taillight cause the signals are too close together has anybody dealt with this before? im gonna debeaver the bike and if that's gonna be an issue I think for plate lights ill use the custom dynamics led plate bolts that have the amber lights on the end and hook those to my signals but id like to just use the standard led plate bolts if I can
    What do you mean? I have not heard of that? You mean the integrated tail light? Well, what will they say if we have no tail lights and use the old fashion hand signals! Oh this would drive me crazy! If I get a ticket because of my lights, I think I'll take it to court and rebel and only use hand signals, and ride my horse in the street and tie it up to a pole in front of the cop station! Please post when you hear more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882
    Last edited by biker-chicky; 03-16-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Hey, if you need help with the connection / install on the Custom Dynamics let me know. I installed both the front and rear and had a hell of a time with the wiring for the rear (the front was easy, other than the fact you have to cut off the ends of the steel harness that holds your lights. As far as your question, I do not believe it should be an issue, have not heard of any laws governing the distance between turn signals. Question, where did you get our smoked integrated taillights from?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

The thing since ive ordered everything ive hears stories about cops giving out tickets for the taillight cause the signals are too close together has anybody dealt with this before?
    If I'm not mistaken the law in Alberta is that your signal lights have to be a minimum of 11" apart to be legal. I don't have an integrated taillight on my 9 but ride with a guy that has one on a Raider. He's had no issues with it. Been running it for at least 4 years. I do have an integrated taillight on my Honda scooter and have had no issues either.

You should be good.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jundali View Post
    Hey, if you need help with the connection / install on the Custom Dynamics let me know. I installed both the front and rear and had a hell of a time with the wiring for the rear (the front was easy, other than the fact you have to cut off the ends of the steel harness that holds your lights. As far as your question, I do not believe it should be an issue, have not heard of any laws governing the distance between turn signals. Question, where did you get our smoked integrated taillights from?
    I ordered everything out of high rollers in fort sask the everything came out of tucker rocky except the front light bar im not sure where they sourced it from the original light bar i wanted which was the c lear driving with amber turn was discontinued so i went with the double amber to find out c/d discontinued that one as well but they gave them a lead to a guy who had 3 left really didnt want to go double white just to keep the away!!!! as for the signal light law ive talked to a few and they have gotten tickets for the integrated lights due to spacing but if i ever get stopped ill argue the fact that some of the rockets tail/signal lights are side by side on that skinny little rear fender or the fact that alot of the harleys running around town dont even have them!!! as i was told if your not riding like an idiot they will over look it kind of like side mounted plates according to a friend of mine they will ticket for side mounted plate before signal spacing due to the fact most arent lit nor are they on the most rear of the bike

In michigan motorcycles are not required to have turn signals at all as long as you use hand signals. I would fight the hell out of any ticket for them being too close.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shrk352 View Post
    In michigan motorcycles are not required to have turn signals at all as long as you use hand signals. I would fight the hell out of any ticket for them being too close.
    I'm going to Michigan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured