my cancer battle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my cancer battle

Default my cancer battle

as some of you know i have been battling stage 4 colon cancer since September 2016. i finally got back on here to update those who don't know. so far been through surgery and 7 rounds of chemo. good news is the chemo is doing it's job,the cancer has shrunk still have 5 more rounds of chemo to go. it is a scary thought i had no warning or symptoms. luckily my appendix acted up and got me to see a doctor. my advice to anyone is get a colonoscopy! don't wait or say i'm fine or i don't want to know. i am only 45 years old so it can happen to anyone. i know they say wait till you are 50 + to get one, but if i would have waited i probably wouldn't have made that long or would have been to far gone. i would never wish this on anyone no matter what,it is a miserable disease. if you are doing something that may cause cancer please try to quit! it is not worth going through this misery. i am fortunate to be a strong active person some of the people i see at chemo make me feel so bad for them. please think of your health and your family I don't want to see anyone else have to endure this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member wiskeythrottle505's Avatar

Sound advice! I wish you a speedy and complete recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default my cancer battle

You are brave my friend, a fighter, that cancer hasn't got a chance with you! Sending you the power of 9! Great times to come, we all love you Bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Great advise. Thank you. Wish you the best

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery. I just turned 50 this past summer and am wrestling with my insurance company now to be sure that they will cover the cost of a colonoscopy. They are suppose to cover it once I hit 50, so we will see what happens. Either way, I am thinking of doing it for my own piece of mine. Keeping you in our prayers.

Wishing you a speedy recovery; a lifelong friend of mine is going through recovery from stage 4 colon cancer now as well. He was 38 when he was diagnosed in October last year. All because he got a bad stomach ache after eating some popcorn at the movie theater, or he would have not gone to see a doctor.
    2008 M109R2 | Black |

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Prayers for a full recovery Brother!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

So glad to hear that you are winning the battle. Keep on kicking it's ass. I hope I will make the MAM in 2017 so we can kick back a few more.
    Keep your chin up Tiny.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Default update

well i finished up my chemo treatments april 3. felt so good to be able to get back on my 9! tomorrow is the big day, go back to see doc and get results of my scan. i'm anxious to see to find out results. it has been a rough 7 months but i'm still standing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny71 View Post
    well i finished up my chemo treatments april 3. felt so good to be able to get back on my 9! tomorrow is the big day, go back to see doc and get results of my scan. i'm anxious to see to find out results. it has been a rough 7 months but i'm still standing!
    hoping for good news, will keep you in my thoughts.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Awesome! You have the Power of 9 my friend! Keep us posted.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong we all have your back. Your 9 is waiting. Bob

US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

Hope the scan results were good. Let us know what you found out.

I hope for the best for you.

Default cancer scans

Unfortunatly the scans were not what i had hoped. doc said there is still spots,so more chemo. don't know how many rounds i need,started first one today. i will be at the mam come hell or high water! doc said he will work with me if i want to go on vacation. so the week of the mam should be a chemo week i'll have him move it to next week.

Unfortunatly the scans were not what i had hoped. doc said there is still spots,so more chemo. don't know how many rounds i need,started first one today. i will be at the mam come hell or high water! doc said he will work with me if i want to go on vacation. so the week of the mam should be a chemo week i'll have him move it to next week.
    God bless you! Your awesome, Kemo must really knock you out?

Sorry to hear that brother. Just take care of yourself. You will be in our prayers. See you at MAM. God Bless. Bob

US Army Retired

Let the power of the 9 be with you.

US Army Retired

Be positive like you are bro and glad your recovering. Prayers out for you. Get well soon.

Default update

well got another scan and cancer is still there. hasn't gotten worse but hasn't gotten better,so more chemo. 18 rounds so far probably another 6 and another scan. it has been a rough road!

well got another scan and cancer is still there. hasn't gotten worse but hasn't gotten better,so more chemo. 18 rounds so far probably another 6 and another scan. it has been a rough road!
    You are tough, I wish there was something I could do to help. All I can think about is distraction and positive thoughts! Maybe a little ride on the 9 or maybe just start it up in the drive way and give it a good polishing?

Prayers sent my friend, chin up and fist in the air, yell realy load! I'll beat it!

Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Remain positive my Brother!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

just an update still fighting the cancer. 24 rounds of chemo are starting to take their toll on me. i think it is time for a break. finally decided to run a raffle ticket off to help me out financially. first one sold out in no time so we decided to do a second one. soon as i get them i will post a pic. they are $5 for chance at $2500 cash. winning number taken from Pennsylvania daily lottery. anyone interested drop me a message i can do paypal or i can send my home address. thanks!

got an update on my battle with cancer. cancer has grown a little but has not spread anywhere else. looks like more chemo for me, different type this time. i guess put the gloves back on and continue to fight!

got an update on my battle with cancer. cancer has grown a little but has not spread anywhere else. looks like more chemo for me, different type this time. i guess put the gloves back on and continue to fight!
    Amen Brother! Continue the Fight!!

Wrong!!! Its time to take the gloves off and kick its azz!!!

Get well soon. We've got some serious riding to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Wrong!!! Its time to take the gloves off and kick its azz!!!

Get well soon. We've got some serious riding to do!

Positive thoughts my friend!

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. July 26-30.

God bless you man, you are young and fighting an uphill battle is never easy. A good winning attitude, and being armed with a little knowledge might bring you a long way. This may sound silly, and maybe you've already considered this but there are actually foods you can eat - specifically vegetables - which may have the potential to help you heal. People tend to think of me as a meat and potatoes kinda guy. Manly man, you know eat a rack of ribs for breakfast kinda guy. The truth is, I have a chronic illness that forced me to re-learn nutrition and diet to survive. There is a documentary on Netflix called Forks over Knives. It's basically about eating a whole foods, plant based diet. There are a couple people in the documentary, one of whom actually beat a stage 4 cancer by changing her diet. Sounds like hokus-pokus, but in reality it can't hurt. Some veges are even known to give chemo a boost, such a carrots. Who knew?

Anyway, stay strong and keep that winning attitude as long as you can. I pray you'll get to press on to enjoy the coming riding season.

round 27 in the books like the rest it is kicking the crap out of me. everyday is a constant battle to keep fighting and keep going but i do. still have may to many miles to put on the 9!