M109 Rider Forums banner

my cancer battle

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  MainEvent 
#1 ·
as some of you know i have been battling stage 4 colon cancer since September 2016. i finally got back on here to update those who don't know. so far been through surgery and 7 rounds of chemo. good news is the chemo is doing it's job,the cancer has shrunk still have 5 more rounds of chemo to go. it is a scary thought i had no warning or symptoms. luckily my appendix acted up and got me to see a doctor. my advice to anyone is get a colonoscopy! don't wait or say i'm fine or i don't want to know. i am only 45 years old so it can happen to anyone. i know they say wait till you are 50 + to get one, but if i would have waited i probably wouldn't have made that long or would have been to far gone. i would never wish this on anyone no matter what,it is a miserable disease. if you are doing something that may cause cancer please try to quit! it is not worth going through this misery. i am fortunate to be a strong active person some of the people i see at chemo make me feel so bad for them. please think of your health and your family I don't want to see anyone else have to endure this.

#5 ·
Glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery. I just turned 50 this past summer and am wrestling with my insurance company now to be sure that they will cover the cost of a colonoscopy. They are suppose to cover it once I hit 50, so we will see what happens. Either way, I am thinking of doing it for my own piece of mine. Keeping you in our prayers.

#6 ·
Wishing you a speedy recovery; a lifelong friend of mine is going through recovery from stage 4 colon cancer now as well. He was 38 when he was diagnosed in October last year. All because he got a bad stomach ache after eating some popcorn at the movie theater, or he would have not gone to see a doctor.

#7 ·
Prayers for a full recovery Brother!

#9 ·
update

well i finished up my chemo treatments april 3. felt so good to be able to get back on my 9! tomorrow is the big day, go back to see doc and get results of my scan. i'm anxious to see to find out results. it has been a rough 7 months but i'm still standing!

#10 ·
well i finished up my chemo treatments april 3. felt so good to be able to get back on my 9! tomorrow is the big day, go back to see doc and get results of my scan. i'm anxious to see to find out results. it has been a rough 7 months but i'm still standing!
hoping for good news, will keep you in my thoughts.

#15 ·
cancer scans

Unfortunatly the scans were not what i had hoped. doc said there is still spots,so more chemo. don't know how many rounds i need,started first one today. i will be at the mam come hell or high water! doc said he will work with me if i want to go on vacation. so the week of the mam should be a chemo week i'll have him move it to next week.

#16 ·
Unfortunatly the scans were not what i had hoped. doc said there is still spots,so more chemo. don't know how many rounds i need,started first one today. i will be at the mam come hell or high water! doc said he will work with me if i want to go on vacation. so the week of the mam should be a chemo week i'll have him move it to next week.
God bless you! Your awesome, Kemo must really knock you out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321882

#21 ·
well got another scan and cancer is still there. hasn't gotten worse but hasn't gotten better,so more chemo. 18 rounds so far probably another 6 and another scan. it has been a rough road!
You are tough, I wish there was something I could do to help. All I can think about is distraction and positive thoughts! Maybe a little ride on the 9 or maybe just start it up in the drive way and give it a good polishing?

Prayers sent my friend, chin up and fist in the air, yell realy load! I'll beat it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

#23 ·
just an update still fighting the cancer. 24 rounds of chemo are starting to take their toll on me. i think it is time for a break. finally decided to run a raffle ticket off to help me out financially. first one sold out in no time so we decided to do a second one. soon as i get them i will post a pic. they are $5 for chance at $2500 cash. winning number taken from Pennsylvania daily lottery. anyone interested drop me a message i can do paypal or i can send my home address. thanks!

#25 ·
Amen Brother! Continue the Fight!!

#29 ·
God bless you man, you are young and fighting an uphill battle is never easy. A good winning attitude, and being armed with a little knowledge might bring you a long way. This may sound silly, and maybe you've already considered this but there are actually foods you can eat - specifically vegetables - which may have the potential to help you heal. People tend to think of me as a meat and potatoes kinda guy. Manly man, you know eat a rack of ribs for breakfast kinda guy. The truth is, I have a chronic illness that forced me to re-learn nutrition and diet to survive. There is a documentary on Netflix called Forks over Knives. It's basically about eating a whole foods, plant based diet. There are a couple people in the documentary, one of whom actually beat a stage 4 cancer by changing her diet. Sounds like hokus-pokus, but in reality it can't hurt. Some veges are even known to give chemo a boost, such a carrots. Who knew?

Anyway, stay strong and keep that winning attitude as long as you can. I pray you'll get to press on to enjoy the coming riding season.

#32 ·
Keep that positive attitude and fight in you Brother!!

#33 ·
I pray you keep up the fight, eat lots to keep up your strength, and so what if it’s McDonald’s or what ever it is you might crave on any particular day or moment. As a nurse who works with OT/PT to assist people to get back their abilities to go home, I hope your doing some strength exercise in the fight.

Its great to hear you chatting about your 9, what can you tell us about it. Can you share some pictures of your time on it, or share your first route/trip you’d like to take as soon as you can. It doesn’t have to be far or done all in one day. I know it takes a bit of strength to operate the beast. Thus the need to muscle build or maintain. Something I too need to do.

I’d love to hear about your first trip.

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
Planning stage. Location secured

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.