Shinko 006 Podium - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shinko 006 Podium

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is good to know, and sounds like a good product. I noticed that I even had some cupping on my front spyder tires when I changed them out for something different. I might give it a try on my next set. I will probably be needing front tires for the RSS before the June trip. With the spyder there is also the issue of getting a laser alignment. That cost about $100
    Ahh haaaa! Alignments! I never thought of that but yea, I guess Spyder owners will need those every now and then!
    Yes, it's a good product and worth the cost so don't freak out when you buy it. Two bottles in the 260 but hey, it doesn't have any weights! Never had any cupping. I want to give a little credit to the Ride-on for that. Other long term users of the stuff have mentioned the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I know this may be a newbie question, but what is Ride-On? I have heard the name before, but can't remember what it is.
    A lot of spyder fokks are running Ride-On in their tires and havent seen one post of issues they have had with it. When I change my next set of 9 and Spyder tires I'll be giving it a try.

Just remember don't use the mc formula on the spyder. Ride-On recommends the automotuve formula for the spyder, that last time I called them.

Are you going to Spyderfest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    A lot of spyder fokks are running Ride-On in their tires and havent seen one post of issues they have had with it. When I change my next set of 9 and Spyder tires I'll be giving it a try.

Just remember don't use the mc formula on the spyder. Ride-On recommends the automotuve formula for the spyder, that last time I called them.

Are you going to Spyderfest?

No, I will not be able to make that one. I will be at the spyder rally at Maggie Valley. Are you going to make that one?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

No, I will not be able to make that one. I will be at the spyder rally at Maggie Valley. Are you going to make that one?
    I wont be able to make that one. We are also doing the 9 kerrville ride and also trying to make the Spyders in the bayou.

Im hoping to make to the MAM next year.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    Looks like my 160 but less worn. Whats the deal with all the right turns?
    Can you flip that wheel around to wear out the other side? May be on backwards but would it work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Can you flip that wheel around to wear out the other side? May be on backwards but would it work?

\
    It's a rear tire mounted reversed as it is i'm sure.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

So Ride-on is the way to go instead of regular weights?

\
    Awe, lol

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

\
    Its not reversed. Its correct Rotation, all 4 have been.

We ride on the Left, i corner faster on a right hander, always have.

It certainly wasnt done with either, i got a few more miles and smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARK View Post
    Its not reversed. Its correct Rotation, all 4 have been.

We ride on the Left, i corner faster on a right hander, always have.

It certainly wasnt done with either, i got a few more miles and smiles.
    You have always done things your way!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    So Ride-on is the way to go instead of regular weights?
    I haven't used weights for years since I started using it.

You have always done things your way!
    I just dont believe all i read, 1 guy says Boo, and everyone quivers. lol. Next someone will tell me there is 1 god, or a cartire wont work on a bike. 1 executive at a tire company, that has never smoked up a tyre and hes GOD lol, I refute it fully with facts.

I recently put this Shinko podium on my 2008 M109R2 and so far so good. It feels good, turns better, and I feel more muscley. I don't feel any shaking in turns. I put it on with the rotation the correct way and not backwards. I was afraid to have a repeat of another m109rider SCOOTER who put this tire on in reverse. SKIDMARK who got 10k out of this tire with the correct rotation gave me enough confidence to do this mod. I'll drive it for a week or so and report back if I feel any shaking on turns going 30mph.
    Last edited by Alldaymckay; 06-14-2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: I wanted to give credit to skidmark

Quote Originally Posted by Alldaymckay View Post
    I recently put this shinko podium on my 2008 M109R2 and so far so good. It feels good, turns better, and I feel more muscley. I don't feel any shaking in turns. I put it on with the rotation the correct way and not backwards. I was afraid to have a repeat of another m109rider who put this tire on in reverse. The m109rider who got 10k out of this tire with the correct rotation gave me enough confidence to do this mod. I'll drive it for a week or so and report back if I feel any shaking on turns going 30mph.

Nice, I get 10 to 11 ks out of my 006s and have worn out 6 now, and every one of them has been correct rotation. Good on you for that, the way the tread pattern is, it can only go that way, for a safe ride in the rain, and one guys says dont do it, and without any Factual evidence. Nice.

I recently put this shinko podium on my 2008 M109R2 and so far so good. It feels good, turns better, and I feel more muscley. I don't feel any shaking in turns. I put it on with the rotation the correct way and not backwards. I was afraid to have a repeat of another m109rider who put this tire on in reverse. The m109rider who got 10k out of this tire with the correct rotation gave me enough confidence to do this mod. I'll drive it for a week or so and report back if I feel any shaking on turns going 30mph.
    From what I gather, a tire designed to be a rear tire is put on with tread reversed when used for the front for better grip when trying to stop the bike. That's it.

Is that correct?

Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Yes, usually that's why it is done. But after calling four different motorcycle tire shops they all said front tires should be on the front and rear tires should be on the rear. Their reasoning was because that is how the manufacturer designed the tire. All four of them would not recommend the mod everyone is doing on the M109R with putting a bigger tire up front run in reverse or any rear tire up front.

But, as many forums say some rear tires may be run in the reverse direction (like the metzler 880), but even then people are getting mixed signals from Metzler.

One m109rider SCOOTER, who used this specific tire the Shinko 006 podium, ran his in reverse and got a lot of shake on turns going around 30mph. I was very fearful of this and decided to run it the correct orientation like m109rider SKIDMARK had done. He got 10K out of his 6 Shinko tires with no shaking.

So far after day one, I have had no shake on turns. I have taken it on the freeway and have gone 95mph and still no shake and to tell you the truth it is a very smooth ride and turns are much easier.

The only thing I am worried about is rainy weather and how that will affect the Shinko Podium's performance.
    Last edited by Alldaymckay; 06-14-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: I wanted to add a users name.

Yes, usually that's why it is done. But after calling four different motorcycle tire shops they all said front tires should be on the front and rear tires should be on the rear. Their reasoning was because that is how the manufacturer designed the tire. All four of them would not recommend the mod everyone is doing on the M109R with putting a bigger tire up front run in reverse or any rear tire up front.

But, as many forums say some rear tires may be run in the reverse direction (like the metzler 880), but even then people are getting mixed signals from Metzler.

One m109rider SCOOTER, who used this specific tire the Shinko 006 podium, ran his in reverse and got a lot of shake on turns going around 30mph. I was very fearful of this and decided to run it the correct orientation like m109rider SKIDMARK had done. He got 10K out of his 6 Shinko tires with no shaking.

So far after day one, I have had no shake on turns. I have taken it on the freeway and have gone 95mph and still no shake and to tell you the truth it is a very smooth ride and turns are much easier.

The only thing I am worried about is rainy weather and how that will affect the Shinko Podium's performance.
    Well what about stopping? I'd be testing that out too. Just be careful. Also Cupping can be from other things. Just google it, can be from poor wheel alignment, uneven forks, poor tire pressure, to name a few.

Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

I run dyna beads for Ballance and on my Dunlops I keep the front at 42psi. No cupping at all. Getting ready to put the Shinko 150 next. I was gonna ask if you are running forward or backward but you answered that. Thx.

98% of all Harleys solld are still on the road...the other 2% made it back home