Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black - 92-1845B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black - 92-1845B

Default Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black - 92-1845B

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing the Power Pro Black and am wondering if Cobra got all the bugs fixed yet? I remember seeing posts where the unit was failing. Also, if you have one how do you like it? Did it effect fuel economy?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Ron
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman349 View Post
    Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing the Power Pro Black and am wondering if Cobra got all the bugs fixed yet? I remember seeing posts where the unit was failing. Also, if you have one how do you like it? Did it effect fuel economy?

Ron
    Fitted one a few months ago. Better throttle response & smoother cruising. No problems to date easy to adjust via the app. Used in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust & intakes. Very happy with results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 2014 M109R BOSS, 2005 BMW Boxer Cup, 2014 R1200GS, Vespa 300 GTS

Default easy to adjust via the app

Quote Originally Posted by cyotee View Post
    Fitted one a few months ago. Better throttle response & smoother cruising. No problems to date easy to adjust via the app. Used in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust & intakes. Very happy with results.
    Did you have to adjust it yet? If yes, based on what observations you found the need to do any adjustments? Thanks, Viliam
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    Did you have to adjust it yet? If yes, based on what observations you found the need to do any adjustments? Thanks, Viliam
    Both acceleration and steady throttle increased (to 5 from memory but will have to check when I get home). Stopped slight surging at cruising and improved smooth changes when slightly accelerating/decelerating. Acceleration improved with the added fuel - stronger. Also no more popping on stronger deceleration. I could try increasing more but haven't tried yet as it's running so well. Didn't. Price significant mpg change but I don't watch for that anyway. I don't commute so every ride is different

Both acceleration and steady throttle increased (to 5 from memory but will have to check when I get home). Stopped slight surging at cruising and improved smooth changes when slightly accelerating/decelerating. Acceleration improved with the added fuel - stronger. Also no more popping on stronger deceleration. I could try increasing more but haven't tried yet as it's running so well. Didn't notice significant mpg change but I don't watch for that anyway. I don't commute so every ride is different

Both acceleration and steady throttle increased (to 5 from memory but will have to check when I get home). Stopped slight surging at cruising and improved smooth changes when slightly accelerating/decelerating. Acceleration improved with the added fuel - stronger. Also no more popping on stronger deceleration. I could try increasing more but haven't tried yet as it's running so well. Didn't. Price significant mpg change but I don't watch for that anyway. I don't commute so every ride is different
    I was under impression that one can add/lower the fuel only for cruising mode,
    not for the acceleration...
    Thanks
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Very Active Member

I installed the Cobra Fi2000r which is manually adjustable .
    I really didn`t want to spend that much money on the auto adjust type it and I figured that I cut very well adjust it myself , so I went with the manual one and saved a ton of money .
    After install , I adjusted it slightly from the factory setting of 1-3-2 to 1-4-2 and then about 2 weeks ago , after 6 or 7 months of functioning , I re-checked it and again left it the way I had previously adjusted it on the beginning , 1-4-2 because the functioning is perfect , in my opinion .
    My bike has the Cobra Tri Pro exhaust installed , and the same day that I checked the Fi2000r function , it occurred to me to clean up the end of the exhaust which is a solid chrome block where the 2 into 1 pipes exit out . I used a chrome cleaner paste and left the whole piece absolutely spotless and polished , in and out , like new .
    Two weeks have passed and at least 200 miles later ... today I went to check the end of the pipes and there is only a very slight , tinniest trace of soot on the inside (where the 2 pipes exit out) that I can clean up with my finger or a tissue ... this is how good this thing is burning fuel .
    The bike `s acceleration is absolutely brutal ... that is the only word that I can use to describe it and no hesitation , no popping , no nothing . It idles from 800 to 1000 rpm as factory states , amen to that .
    So , based on my results , I can say that the Cobra fuel controllers definitely work . The power increase has been noticeable , no question about it .
    Last edited by josey88; 01-02-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Hi Josey,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I took so long to reply, work got in the way. So, I found the PP Black 92-1845B online for $399.99 US and the only place I can find the original PP 92-1845AT is over $700.00 Can. Am I on the right track here for pricing? Also, do you have a TRE installed? I'm wondering if I will still need it after installing the PP? I would like to take it out and hope that the fuel controller will take care of that problem. I'm glad to hear about the acceleration part because I am looking for more power. I also like the idea of the auto tune because I ride to the mountains often and like that the PP tunes for any elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
    I installed the Cobra Fi2000r which is manually adjustable .
    I really didn`t want to spend that much money on the auto adjust type it and I figured that I cut very well adjust it myself , so I went with the manual one and saved a ton of money .
    After install , I adjusted it slightly from the factory setting of 1-3-2 to 1-4-2 and then about 2 weeks ago , after 6 or 7 months of functioning , I re-checked it and again left it the way I had previously adjusted it on the beginning , 1-4-2 because the functioning is perfect , in my opinion .
    My bike has the Cobra Tri Pro exhaust installed , and the same day that I checked the Fi2000r function , it occurred to me to clean up the end of the exhaust which is a solid chrome block where the 2 into 1 pipes exit out . I used a chrome cleaner paste and left the whole piece absolutely spotless and polished , in and out , like new .
    Two weeks have passed and at least 200 miles later ... today I went to check the end of the pipes and there is only a very slight , tinniest trace of soot on the inside (where the 2 pipes exit out) that I can clean up with my finger or a tissue ... this is how good this thing is burning fuel .
    The bike `s acceleration is absolutely brutal ... that is the only word that I can use to describe it and no hesitation , no popping , no nothing . It idles from 800 to 1000 rpm as factory states , amen to that .
    So , based on my results , I can say that the Cobra fuel controllers definitely work . The power increase has been noticeable , no question about it .
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

Not 100% sure about this, but I think I remember reading on this forum that the controller only "adjusts" under acceleration. Under a normal cruise situation, the ECU is still used.

Thanks

Very Active Member

Hi Josey,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I took so long to reply, work got in the way. So, I found the PP Black 92-1845B online for $399.99 US and the only place I can find the original PP 92-1845AT is over $700.00 Can. Am I on the right track here for pricing? Also, do you have a TRE installed? I'm wondering if I will still need it after installing the PP? I would like to take it out and hope that the fuel controller will take care of that problem. I'm glad to hear about the acceleration part because I am looking for more power. I also like the idea of the auto tune because I ride to the mountains often and like that the PP tunes for any elevation.
    I would leave the TRE installed, you should look at them as two completely different devices that have different purposes. The TRE causes the bike to run using the 4th gear maps for ignition, secondary throttle plates, etc.... removing the restrictions that are in place. The PP is simply a fuel processor, it will help correct the fuel for the changes made by the TRE as well as any other mods you may have installed.

If you are going to use a fuel processor of some sort, then the TRE/Fuel Processor would be the best combination. If you decide to go the ecu flash route, then the TRE can be removed, as the same functions can be done by the flash.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 01-03-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Very Active Member

Thanks

The PowrPro Black does allow the adjustment of "Acelleration" fuel, unlike the previous model PP.

Default Cobra Info

Sorry, I was wrong. See in Red below.

Fi2000 PowrPro Black

The PowrPro Black tuner uses the latest smart chip and accelerometer technology to continuously read the bike’s EFI delivery every time the motorcycle accelerates in order to optimize the air/fuel mixture for optimized performance. With its Continuously Variable Tuning (CVT) (patent pending) technology, the PowrPro black will yet again revolutionize motorcycle fuel-injection tuning. Even more so because now it includes the option for fine-tuning non-acceleration fuel via bluetooth technology and a smart device based app.
    This new and improved version of the award winning PowrPro fuel tuner, now uses the latest accelerometer enabled software for precise real-time tuning. Once you install PowrPro Black you can say good-bye to old-school EFI “mapping products” and O2 sensor hassles. PowrPro Black reacts to the bike’s acceleration using its onboard accelerometer to adjust for the optimum air/fuel mixture, under every kind of load and under all existing conditions.
    Whether you’re lugging the engine or winding it out to redline: PowrPro reacts, verifies and adjusts instantaneously to current riding conditions. And that’s not just at peak power settings; PowrPro delivers perfect fuel metering any time the bike accelerates, for full power and the ultimate in smooth and crisp throttle response.
    And here’s the really great news, should you need to adjust your bike’s air fuel ratio outside of the acceleration area, you can do that now with your smart device. Simply go to your app store and search for the PowrPro Black app. Simple instructions on the app will guide you through the available tuning options.
    Through the app you will be able to:
    • Monitor the injector duty cycle to determine fuel injector performance • Add fuel for specific engine modifications tuning the low rpm and cruise fuel zones • Evaluate and monitor how much fuel the unit ads in specific tuning zones with a circular graph as well as light across the bottom of the screen • Take fuel away for specific tuning requirements • View RPM in real time. • Simple reset tools allows you to return the unit to its stock settings

Thanks, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post
    I would leave the TRE installed, you should look at them as two completely different devices that have different purposes. The TRE causes the bike to run using the 4th gear maps for ignition, secondary throttle plates, etc.... removing the restrictions that are in place. The PP is simply a fuel processor, it will help correct the fuel for the changes made by the TRE as well as any other mods you may have installed.

If you are going to use a fuel processor of some sort, then the TRE/Fuel Processor would be the best combination. If you decide to go the ecu flash route, then the TRE can be removed, as the same functions can be done by the flash.

The PowrPro Black does allow the adjustment of "Acelleration" fuel, unlike the previous model PP.
    Could you please point me to where is the information that you can yourself adjust fuel in "acceleration mode"??
    Thanks, Viliam

Very Active Member

Could you please point me to where is the information that you can yourself adjust fuel in "acceleration mode"??
    Thanks, Viliam

If you take a look at the app screens at the below link, you'll see there is an option for Cruise fuel as well as Accel fuel.

http://www.cobrausa.com/inside_cobra...powrpro_black/

Not 100% sure about this, but I think I remember reading on this forum that the controller only "adjusts" under acceleration. Under a normal cruise situation, the ECU is still used.
    Yes , it is a fact from Cobra Site, the previous model (PP-AT) had first model where you could not adjust the "Cruising fuel" manually, the later 'improved' PP-AT has a little pot inside which allows one to add fuel in cruising mode manually. For adjustment it needs to be open first... On the PP-Black one has the ability to do that by the APP on your phone. But what Kratos 109 is saying, is news to me...
    Last edited by thevili; 01-03-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Very Active Member

I have to say that I like the option of being able to adjust the acceleration fuel, just because I would like having the adjustability. But it seems to go against the whole philosophy of the PwrPro, which is that you don't need a dyno to tune it. Now, with the PP Black, unless you have the bike on a dyno, or are tuning to an afr and have an O2 sensor and afr meter on your bike, how would you even know that you needed to adjust it, or what to adjust it to?

If you take a look at the app screens at the below link, you'll see there is an option for Cruise fuel as well as Accel fuel.

Thanks, I guess last time I read it, I missed the part that you can
    Take fuel away for specific tuning requirements

I did not miss that you can only add fuel when:

• Add fuel for specific engine modifications tuning the low rpm and cruise fuel zones

Yes , it is a fact from Cobra Site, the previous model (PP-AT) had first model where you could not adjust the "Cruising fuel" manually, the later 'improved' PP-AT has a little pot inside which allows one to add fuel in cruising mode manually. For adjustment it needs to be open first... On the PP-Black one has the ability to do that by the APP on your phone. But what Kratos 109 is saying, is news to me...

PS

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cobra-FI2000-...BYR-tc&vxp=mtr
    Is that the correct PN? I just punched in the model of 9 and it says it doesnt fit an 07 9?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yah, I like that feature. It's news to me as well. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Is that the correct PN? I just punched in the model of 9 and it says it doesnt fit an 07 9?

I have an "08" and the part #'s I found for (06-11) are 92-1845B for the Black and 92-1845AT for the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post

Sorry wrong number!

Good catch! Thanks!
    Last edited by thevili; 01-03-2017 at 07:39 PM.

I have an "08" and the part #'s I found for (06-11) are 92-1845B for the Black and 92-1845AT for the previous version.
    Ok, thats what Im tracking. Im looking to buy the Black and wanted to make sure

Sorry wrong number!

Good catch! Thanks!
    When I saw the price I was like Daaaaam, wanted to buy a couple.

Very Active Member

Hi Josey,

Mine is a 2013 and yes , I have a X-TRE installed . There is no correlation between the fuel controller and the X-TRE . You best keep yours installed .
    I paid $186.00 for the Cobra Fi2000r 92-1845
    I don`t go to the mountains (I live in flat Florida) so no need for the added cost of the auto adjust . My manual adjustment is more than enough and my bike runs incredibly well .
    Be aware that once a manual fuel controller is tuned (like mine , which is manually adjusted ) there is no need to go back to retune or re adjust anything ... that this one is auto adjust is fine , but , I , up to now , have not needed anything else and my bike runs perfect .

Last edited by josey88; 01-03-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Mine is a 2013 and yes , I have a X-TRE installed . There is no correlation between the fuel controller and the X-TRE . You best keep yours installed .
    I don`t go to the mountains (I live in flat Florida) so no need for the added cost of the auto adjust . My manual adjustment is more than enough and my bike runs incredibly well .
    Be aware that once a manual fuel controller is tuned (like mine , which is manually adjusted ) there is no need to go back to retune or re adjust anything ... that this one is auto adjust is fine , but , I , up to now , have not needed anything else and my bike runs perfect .

As long as you don't change anything, you are correct. If you look at my situation, it was different. I installed my PowerPro along with my Cobra Swept exhaust. Then I changed the exhaust to the freedom's and added the hyperchargers. Each of those would have required a re-tune without the power pro.

Default Cobra PwrPro Black

Ron
    I just recently purchased a 2013 limited edition M109R. The dealer is installing a Hard Chrome Velocity Pro Short, Cycle House Q5 Air Intake and a Cobra PwrPro Black Tuner. I do not know if this is a good combination performance wise but it will look absolutely sick. I will know after I pick it up by the end of the week.

That is one sick looking machine, I love the color scheme. You have a nice setup. I just bought the same bike 2013 Suzuki Boulevard M109R, Limited Edition. Took me a while to find one in mint condition, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am having tons of mods done, I cannot wait to pick it up sometime this week. Enjoy that beautiful machine and take good care of it.

Thumbs up

Thanks , I am enjoying my 9 .
    This is now 3 years later , after some more upgrades like lowering the suspension 1-3/4" with the adjustable bones , replacing both tires with a bigger 160-60 at front and a 250-40 sizes at the rear and getting rid of the beaver , installing the plate on the left side , etc etc . The bike is as brutal as always and it works like new .
    The Cobra fuel controller/ X-TRE combo has worked perfectly for me . Tremendous performance and never even a single problem at all .
    I am keeping this thing until I die , lol...

Last edited by josey088; 1 Week Ago at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Thanks , I am enjoying my 9 .
    This is now 3 years later , after some more upgrades like lowering the suspension 1-3/4" with the adjustable bones , replacing both tires with a bigger 160-60 at front and a 250-40 sizes at the rear and getting rid of the beaver , installing the plate on the left side , etc etc . The bike is as brutal as always and it works like new .
    The Cobra fuel controller/ X-TRE combo has worked perfectly for me . Tremendous performance and never even a single problem at all .
    I am keeping this thing until I die , lol...

That bike looks like a beast, I am waiting on my Avon Storm 160 tires for the front, I will be installing it in reverse direction as advised by members of this forum. I attempted to have the dealer install it but they stated that due to liability they would not install it. I am also having the Q5 air intake, velocity pro short exhaust, Xtre and Cobra pwrpro black installed in addition to many more mods. Let me ask you this question, is the difference between the stock rear tires and the tires you have on the rear now really noticeable?

The biggest difference is on the front tire . I too also have The Avon 160-60 tire , which is , simply put , an awesome tire . I had it installed on reverse , just in case , although that is a controversial subject .
    With the 160 tire you have a much more cushy ride . It is more comfortable and the bike rides more stable .
    With the 250 rear tire , you have more traction , since the 240 tire by being more rounded , it touches the road only at the very center of the trad , consequently wearing out very fast and with little traction .
    The 250 on the other hand , is more flattened so the tread hits the road in almost all its tread width , giving it a much more friction and stability . It is also more comfortable and it too looks fantastic , almost like a 300 tire without all the expense and modifications , lol...
    In other words, it is all a win win scenario.
    For the front tire, you will need fender extenders , which can be purchased at Mean cycles for little money , otherwise the tire will be very close to the fender . Some guys don`t do it and tell that it is ok . To me it was too close to the fender with very little space and any small piece of gravel can destroy the fender , so I installed the extenders . The pic is with the extenders installed .
    The only upgrade that I am planning for the future is to buy the Velocity Pro Short exhaust in black to replace the Cobra , maybe at the end of the year or so but I am now living at a gated community and I have a concern about the noise , so I am researching on it .
    On another subject , I too at first had to make a decision about the Q5 and the Thunder years ago ... I went for the thunder because I had to have those butterflies moving on the bike , lol...
    Last edited by josey088; 6 Days Ago at 09:35 AM. Reason: t