M109 Rider Forums banner

Official 2017 Mid-Atlantic Meet Post

21K views 167 replies 43 participants last post by  ricebert 
#1 · (Edited)
2017MidAtlanticMeet

Well, since they can not seem to get the current log in set up right----which has cost us many long time members, I am going to just post this up now. Yes, the MAM username is still locked out.

Just to be clear, the above is not the reason it has taken soooo long to post this---- for that, I take all the blame and apologize.

I would like to formally apologize for taking soooo long to get this posted. There have been many changes in my life this past year. It has been some real ups and downs. So hopefully this coming year will be much better.
All that being said, one of the reasons this post has taken this long, is with a small personal nature. It is with the deepest regards that I announce the death of Carole Nelson (director of sales with Sleep Inn). She was tragically killed in a vehicle accident a short while back. Carole was directly responsible for helping to keep the room costs down and a smooth event with the hotel. For those that new her (Ryan, Harris, and I), she was a very sweet and giving individual. She will be missed at this MAM.
So let's make this event special for her an all the fallen brothers we endured from our group. Let's invite everyone we know, no matter the bike, and make the 2017 MAM an event to remember and tribute.

One change to this years event. We will no longer have a "sponsored" MAM cook. This apearantly caused some big issues last year and continued on to well past the event. All of that is not what the MAM is about. We are not there to throw words an degrade. This event is about riding, the M109R, and the company of great riders and comradery. So, if you want to bring your best BBQ an provide for others--- feel free. The food has been awesome in the past and I am sure it will continue to be.

This is the 10th year for this event!!!!!! So.......

Welome to the 10th Annual Mid-Atlantic Meet!!!

When: June 19th (Monday) to 25th (Sunday) Sunday the 25th is the travel day.

Where: We are booked at the Sleep Inn at 222 Jefferson Highway Staunton, VA 24401

To make reservations call 540-887-6500 and pick option 2 or ask for the front desk. Tell them that you want to book a room in the M109Riders group. If you choose the reservations menu, you are put to the corporate site and you need that hotel extension (front desk) to keep from it getting screwed up. If they say that they are booked, please reply to this post and I will check on it. The rate is $82.99 plus taxes per night and includes breakfast. Some people have expressed that they want to come down earlier or stay later. If that is something that you want to do, you will be extended the group rate. You can cancel up to 24 hours without any charges to you.

So, the members from the north east can now plan to come being it is a week later than the past 4yrs.

People Donating to the raffle

Below is a couple of things that are extremely important and worth mentioning:

The back of the hotel is reserved for motorcycle parking only. Let the front desk know upon check-in if you have a trailer, they should direct you on where to park. Please see the image on the website home page indicating where you may park. If you park a car, truck or trailer in the back parking lot, you will be asked to move it. We are expecting a lot of motorcycles and need the parking spaces.

We have multiple routes plus some of those routes being reversed. Groups are released at separate times so everyone is not clustered together when heading out. If you have people you want to ride with, find an open route that can accommodate the number of riders you have.

Many of you may have ridden in packs before, but you also may be riding with others who have not. These are mountain roads that are technical in some areas. To be able to enjoy the ride, it's important to get everyone on the same page.

This post will be updated as the season moves along, so remember to check for updates. Website and Facebook links will be added soon, as well as, the vendor donations list.

Mid-Atlantic Meet Facebook page

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Donations For The Raffle
Simmons Motorworks - (3) $200 Gift Certificates
Ducks Covers - 25% off set of custom covers
A&R Motorsports - LED headlight kit
Ultimate Seats - 20% off Gift Certificate
Blue Monkey Motorsports - XTRE
Some9 - LED kit
MeanCycles - Circle Cut Wave Risers, T-Rex Radiator Shroud, Rear Seat Cowl
Coastal Moto - Gift Certificate
DLP - Derby covers, lowering bones, license plate bracket, GI-Pro brackets, Medevil grips
Palomino Manufacturing - Titanium Feelers
DLX Prodox - Spike T-Band Chrome Grips
Tiny71 - 6 Jars of Ole Smokey Moonshine
RUBZERK - Air ride remote kits
Corbin - Gift Certificate
FuzeBlocks - FZ-1 and FZW-1

Atendees
Poseidon - Sean - VA
futurR - Matt - IN
Big-B - Bernie - MD +1 (Suzanne)
HALO9 - JR - NY
phatm9 - Mark - IL
DogBoneM109 - ??? - FL
BigRed45 - Kevin - VA +1 (Joanne)
TBone349 - Christopher - VA
blacklightning - Keith - NC +3 (Enoch, KD, KK)
Dam Guy - Bill - WV
crazytrain - CJ - VA
BIG MIKE 109R - Mike - NC
Hogan109R - Jerry - SC
Crispy - Chris - Ontario, Canada
Tedm109r - Ted - Ontario, Canada +1 (Dan)
thumperbm - Bill - VA
Biggielatino - Carlos - NY
NJDEVIL - Keith - NJ +1
Tiny71 - Scott - PA +1 (Joyce)
Some9 - Andy - NY +1 (Yvette)
BradSmith - Brad - Ontario, Canada
wildkarde - Lucas - NY

JBTees - Jeff - MO
weems109 - Steve - OH +1 (Reba)
1k1ng - Hiram - MI
Cope109 - Sean - IN
Javier109 - Javier - WI +4

Here is the hotel parking layout.

#106 ·
I guess I'll get things started!

Reservation made for Monday - Sunday (19th - 25th)

Poseidon - Sean - VA
futurR - Matt - IN
Big-B - Bernie - MD +1 (Suzanne)
HALO9 - JR - NY
phatm9 - Mark - IL
DogBoneM109 - ??? - FL
BigRed45 - Kevin - VA +1 (Joanne)
TBone349 - Christopher - VA
blacklightning - Keith - NC +3 (Enoch, KD, KK)
Dam Guy - Bill - WV
crazytrain - CJ - VA
rynosback - Ryan - TA
Hogan109R - Jerry - SC
Crispy - Chris - Ontario, Canada
Tedm109r - Ted - Ontario, Canada +1 (Dan)
thumperbm - Bill - VA
Biggielatino - Carlos - NY
NJDEVIL - Keith - NJ +1
Tiny71 - Scott - PA +1 (Joyce)
Some9 - Andy - NY +1 (Yvette)
BradSmith - Brad - Ontario, Canada
wildkarde - Lucas - NY
Bobby1048 - Bob - OH
JBTees - Jeff - MO
weems109 - Steve - OH +1 (Reba)

Here is the hotel parking layout.

Is everyone on this list arriving on Monday?

#11 ·
Thanks Matt for posting and I know this is an event but there anyway this could be posted on the general thread instead of the events thread because to see the new posts I have to actually go to the events page to look at them and also are you posting up an attendee list I hope this isn't an inconvience but we've been spoiled by the previous posting of the thread :)

#14 ·
Just to let you know you may wanna reconsider -everyone hangs out in the parking lot after we ride that day -It's convient because all the bikes will be in back of hotel all the fun happens in back of parking ok-you'll be abreast of when groups are leaving out for Mrgn runs and it's a good hotel - if you drink there will some going on in back of parking lot and you won't have to ride to get back to another hotel you can just walk to your room. Just a thought and the rooms are discounted unless you got really discounted room at Marriott:)

#17 ·
Just saw this! I have been going to the pre-meets in Maggie Valley for about the past 8 years. But this year I will definitely be up in Va. for the MAM. Really looking forward to meeting some new guys and riding some new roads. Also ready to get out there with some of the old friends from the past years. Get ready for spyder infestation. But, who knows, it is 6 months away, so I may have another nine by then.

#29 ·
Resverations made

Reservations made the lady at the front desk tried to tell me they were sold out and only had two rooms left ... she didn't know what she was looking at obviously but all is good .. put me and my step son on the list..

BigRed45 (Kevin & Joanie)
TBone349 ( Christopher )

#30 ·
Reservations made the lady at the front desk tried to tell me they were sold out and only had two rooms left ... she didn't know what she was looking at obviously but all is good .. put me and my step son on the list..

BigRed45 (Kevin & Joanie)
TBone349 ( Christopher )
No S-40 this year?!?! :dontknow:

#37 ·
We have reservations done. 19/25. Giddy up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#40 ·
Not sure how to post this, as the link took me to a place that I could not post on. But, I will be coming down and bringing 4 spyders with me (including mine). Big Mike will be riding down with us, but I will let him post his intentions.
So, arrangements for June 21-25.
Keith Cash (Blacklightning)
Enoch
KD
KK
All of us are coming from the Raleigh area.

#41 ·
Reservations made

Reservations made for 6-21 thru 6-25 MAM 2017!!! Let the good times roll..............

#43 ·
Booked

Reservation made for Monday June 19th - Sunday the 24th
Will be attending alone (no wife)....... see you guys in FIVE months !!!

Crispy - Chris Palmer from Ontario, Canada 1 attendee

#46 ·
The initial post says June 19 (Wednesday), June 19th is a Monday, is this just a typo? So the meet is from Monday June 19th to Sunday June 25th? Just want to make sure I book the right time off.
I think the official meet starts Wed 21st, but many show up on monday the 19th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#51 ·
Reservations made for check in on 6/21 and check out on 6/25. Can hardly wait. Amazing, been a member since 07, owned 3 M109's, and this will be my 2nd. actual MAM. The first one I drove a mustang, and this one i will be on a spyder. What are the odds. Either way, I am just glad to be going. Really going to miss Maggie Valley though.
That's right, I will be there in October to ride with a whole group of spyders:D.
See you in Staunton.

#53 ·
I was hoping someone would bring this back to life. Every time I look at my calendar I get excited about going and riding in the mountains. In fact, I have decided to do a preview ride a little early. Got a couple of us going to Gatlinburg the end of April to get some practice in. Probably be doing more site seeing than anything since the wives will be along for the ride. Either way, just being in the mountains is a pleasure. See you guys in June, unless someone wants to meet up in April:bigthumbsup:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.