M109 Rider Forums banner

It's Been Awhile

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SilverHorse 
#1 ·
I haven't been here in a long time. Every once in a while I see a 9 running down the freeway and think about the good ole times I use to have with the SoCal guys and gals.

Just wanted to stop in and say Hey to my ole buddies, even though I now ride a Harley, I loved that 9.

Glad to see this site is still up and running strong, just like the 9 :bigthumbsup:

#2 ·
Hi Wayne how you been? So you went to the dark side well to each his own. I still get out once in a while but not as much as I would like to. I've had some health care proublems with my Dad but he is hangin in there. Good to hear you are still upright and well, Gregg

#3 ·
Hey Greg,
Been doing pretty good, no complaints really.
in 2008 I sold the 9 and bought a Kawasaki Concours and put 66K miles on that, did a lot of touring rides across the states. Then in 2010 I sold that and bought a goldwing. I did a couple of rides up to see yamadog and that was pretty much it. All my riding buddies down south dried up and just sort of stopped riding, so I ended up selling the wing and figured i'd call it quits on the bikes.

Wrong..... that lasted about 2 months, so in 2015 I bought the Harley. It's not the 9 but it's not so bad. The newer ones have bigger motors and run pretty good. I ride it to work everyday and now have almost 20K on it, so so far so good. At least the oil is easy to check.

Russ and Halfdome comes down a couple of years back, but that is about all I have seen of the old crew. Was good days for sure.
Take care brother

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.