Ontario riders - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ontario riders

^^^^^

hey Santa,you should of delivered in person since you're heading out that way...have you packed up the sled yet ? When you heading out ?
    Stav

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    ^^^^^

hey Santa,you should of delivered in person since you're heading out that way...have you packed up the sled yet ? When you heading out ?

Plan of leaving Feb 1 st , however , I may have a work contract to do in Sudbury before I leave so if the contract goes thru then I may be leaving on the 2nd , 3rd or 4th week of January depends on when the contract starts. Lots of packing still to do - bike will be shipped out early January to Maple Ridge BC for $1,044.75 door to door. Do you want to meet up with us at the January 6- 8th Bike show at The International Centre on Airport Rd. Either way I will see you next week - lunch is on me and I wish you and all your family a

"VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY , HEALTHY and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR in 2017 "

You should start to make plans for a trip out that way next year to visit me - you have an open invitation

^^^^^

Before I forget give my spot in Barry's Bay 2017 to Martin - he want's to go

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    Plan of leaving Feb 1 st , however , I may have a work contract to do in Sudbury before I leave so if the contract goes thru then I may be leaving on the 2nd , 3rd or 4th week of January depends on when the contract starts. Lots of packing still to do - bike will be shipped out early January to Maple Ridge BC for $1,044.75 door to door. Do you want to meet up with us at the January 6- 8th Bike show at The International Centre on Airport Rd. Either way I will see you next week - lunch is on me and I wish you and all your family a

You should start to make plans for a trip out that way next year to visit me - you have an open invitation
    Holly your family is moving to maple ridge? Lots of great riding, especially once you get out of the city! I know more about the routes east of manning park; however, if you go across the boarder the cascade hyway 20 is amazing, and your closer to the Sunshine Coast and hyway 90. Way too cool my friend! Don't forget to order your Park pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

if you go Friday,I might be able to join you guys..hope to see you before you leave for sure..sad to see you go,I enjoyed all of our rides..I have a trip out,tentatively planned for late July..3 bikes so far..will post a thread soon,in case anyone else is up to 10k saddle time over 3 weeks...

Before I forget give my spot in Barry's Bay 2017 to Martin - he want's to go

i was hoping he would join us this year..he's more than welcome and knows a few of the guys already..need 2-3 more guys to commit,would like to have a dozen...it was a great trip last year..
    Stav

if you go Friday,I might be able to join you guys..hope to see you before you leave for sure..sad to see you go,I enjoyed all of our rides..I have a trip out,tentatively planned for late July..3 bikes so far..will post a thread soon,in case anyone else is up to 10k saddle time over 3 weeks...

i was hoping he would join us this year..he's more than welcome and knows a few of the guys already..need 2-3 more guys to commit,would like to have a dozen...it was a great trip last year..

HO HO HO !!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS - hope Santa was good to you. It's a beautiful day and Monday is going to be 11 degrees I'm hoping it will melt most of the remaining snow - might just go out for a short bike ride or not. If your here next door on the 26th or 27th and have a bit of spare time give me a ring otherwise I will plan on coming to you on the 28th or 29th for lunch or brunch , my treat. I can go to the Bike show on Friday Jan 6th and meet you there when it opens at 10 am if you want - it's the best time to avoid the crowd. Buy your ticket online and you'll get in much quicker and save a whopping $3 . Crowd usually gets thick around 1 pm ish but I will leave the time up to you - I 'm pretty flexible on the time but the later we go the harder to find parking. Anyways I'm planning to see you before that so we can decide on a time later when we meet up. Enjoy your day ..........................

Default Ontario riders

..I have a trip out,tentatively planned for late July..3 bikes so far..will post a thread soon,in case anyone else is up to 10k ..
    Holly that's a huge trip! Any thoughts s on what route you might take to get through the extreme boring parts of the flat lands? Maybe rent a truck and trailer and whip threw it, or detoured around it into the USA? What ever you do it would be really cool to catch up with you when you hit the BC boarder, we could meet up and possibly the Alberta boys could as well!

Last edited by biker-chicky; 12-25-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Holly that's a huge trip! Any thoughts s on what route you might take to get through the extreme boring parts of the flat lands? Maybe rent a truck and trailer and whip threw it, or detoured around it into the USA? What ever you do it would be really cool to catch up with you when you hit the BC boarder, we could meet up and possibly the Alberta boys could as well!

all in the early planning stages,but will trailer to Calgary,picking up a rider in Winterpeg..the focus will be riding the Mountains (9 days) ..then if we don't lose to many days to rain,we'll stop on the shores of superior on the way back and do the Algoma loop..

hoping we can hook up,since I can't make the new Vegas date..if you and hubby can free up some time,we'd much rather follow someone who knows the good routes..Calgary boys been quiet,especially since ToTall picked up the Vic (disease spreading) was hoping someone there could help us out for parking the truck/trailer ..

like I said I'll start a thread in the new year,so I can pick your brain on BC mountain riding..I have tons of questions..hope you take care of my boy Stillfree after he moves out this spring..he's a good guy,just hard on exhaust pipes..so if you remove any stockers,hang on to them,he will need them..
    Last edited by Stavros; 12-27-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    Stav

all in the early planning stages,but will trailer to Calgary,picking up a rider in Winterpeg..the focus will be riding the Mountains (9 days) ..than if we don't lose to many days to rain,we'll stop on the shores of superior on the way back and do the Algoma loop..

hoping we can hook up,since I can't make the new Vegas date..f you and hubby can free up some time,we'd much rather follow someone who knows the good routes..Calgary boys been quiet,especially since ToTall picked up the Vic (disease spreading) was hoping someone there could help us out for parking the truck/trailer ..

like I said I'll start a thread in the new year,so I can pick your brain on BC mountain riding..I have tons of questions..hope you take care of my boy Stillfree after he moves out this spring..he's a good guy,just hard on exhaust pipes..so if you remove any stockers,hang on to them,he will need them..
    My sisters husbands brother has been riding for the past 16 yrs and lives in Maple Ridge - he should b able to help out with info on some good bike roads. Will talk to him when i pick up my bike it's being shipped to his place.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

My sisters husbands brother has been riding for the past 16 yrs and lives in Maple Ridge - he should b able to help out with info on some good bike roads. Will talk to him when i pick up my bike it's being shipped to his place.

By the time we get there,you should be familiarized with BC riding also,just make sure it's not raining..looks like you are half hour from my daughters place..that's convienient,looks like the stars are lining up for this trip..
    Stav

Very Active Member

Default I am back

Stavros, I never got out with you guys last year, but have found my way back on the forum. I am up for just about any rides within a few hours of me. With some planning, even larger ones I would have an interest (booking time off). Last ride out to King City and around that area was a blast given I never ride north.

I am out in Hamilton/Stoney Creek area btw.

There's a big ride being planned, haul the bikes over the flats to ride the high lands in BC! Starvos, I need your dates!

Default Ontario riders

Got to love rides with friends! Come to bc any time!

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

well

Beauty with Okanagan is it doesn't rain like on the coast. Hot and sunny lake country

all in the early planning stages,but will trailer to Calgary,picking up a rider in Winterpeg..the focus will be riding the Mountains (9 days) ..then if we don't lose to many days to rain,we'll stop on the shores of superior on the way back and do the Algoma loop..

hoping we can hook up,since I can't make the new Vegas date..if you and hubby can free up some time,we'd much rather follow someone who knows the good routes..Calgary boys been quiet,especially since ToTall picked up the Vic (disease spreading) was hoping someone there could help us out for parking the truck/trailer ..

Hey, are you still looking for a place to park your truck and trailer for you bike ride out west? If so my nephew just bought a house in Medicine Hat, he is in the security business, he said he could accommodate you. If you are still in need I can give you his number directly for you two to make arrangements exchange numbers pictures of where you'll be parked etc.. to communicate directly. The parking is at his home, he said it can accommodate RV parking.

Still present teacher!!!!

Really don't come on here much.

Rig
    Last edited by Rigpilot; 03-18-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    "If you got it a yellow shopping cart brought it"

2017 lineup

1 biker-chicky...once lived in Ontario
    2. BradSmith..................Newmarket
    3 Crispy.................................Shwa
    4. drazen.............................St Kitts
    5. Ferny79......................Cambridge
    6. thrillseeker..aka....intimid8tor1951
    7. jcoleman.......................Strathroy
    8. John109................. Close enough
    9. RocoChet..............New Go station
    10 Stavros........................King City
    11 Stillfree.......................Etobicoke
    12 Turk_97...........................Sarnia
    13 Thevili.......................Hawkstone
    14 VzrDean............................Elora
    15 W8INLINE....................Uxbridge

if you're alive and still ride post up...
    Alive and waiting to be rescued in Winnipeg - there is ICE everywhere !!!!!!

Still alive n kicking, bike still in storage. Riding outta brampton...
    **!! Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly !!**

Alive and waiting to be rescued in Winnipeg - there is ICE everywhere !!!!!!
    Holly, did you drive across Canada for your move to bc?

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Holly, did you drive across Canada for your move to bc?

Just arrived in Wpg last week - visiting family in Wpg until I can drive thru the mountains to Maple Ridge where my bike is stored. Was thinking i could go thru the mountains in late April or early May - does that sound right to u ?? Do u think it's possible for me to drive thru the mountains b4 the end of April - I have a 4 x4 GMC ENVOY w/ just winter tires and no trailer. What do u think ?

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Just check the weather and you can go anytime. I've driven through both passes west from Calgary and Lethbridge numerous times in the winter anywhere from November to April.

Done it with and without 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Default Ontario riders

Just arrived in Wpg last week - visiting family in Wpg until I can drive thru the mountains to Maple Ridge where my bike is stored. Was thinking i could go thru the mountains in late April or early May - does that sound right to u ?? Do u think it's possible for me to drive thru the mountains b4 the end of April - I have a 4 x4 GMC ENVOY w/ just winter tires and no trailer. What do u think ?

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...mbia/penticton

Edit:you can leave any time! I use to drive across Canada multiple times in a year in deep winter in my pathfinder. I only worked in the winter as I took the spring and summer off. No problem! If you have your truck loaded with good weight, do the speed limit and let the big fast trucks pass. You will have a stress free travel. Even in blizzard conditions. I only use ice radials, in BC I use studied ice radials on all 4 for our 4 wheel drives, including my sports car that is 4 wheel drive. Ya, winter driving is not a problem as long as we keep the speed down with any type of winter tires. It's the other guys we worry about. That's why I try not to drive a night, from work I'm stuck driving at night in the winter, but so far so good!

Oh heck ya, the roads a well maintained, as long as you drive in day light hours, hit the passes after 11 am, and if driving earlier or at dark just check at a gas station at the nearest town before heading up. Stay off the coquihalla hyway http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwayca...l/www/380.html
    I personally only use the coc if it's a must, otherwise I stay off it. One to each their own. It's a fast rout, but 95% - 75% of the time I have had to use it I have come close to death! Including riding the bike.

Take the 3 crows nest into Hope, and come threw to Vernon and Kelowna before Hope, from hope take hyway 7, beautiful drive from the crammed hyway 1 , it's a nice and You will get a tease of some mighty nice roads for biking as well. Take your time. I'm insuring my bike tomorrow. Like flyingcircus said, not to worry about the roads to much, just expect one lane hyways most of the trip. There is nothing here that even comes close to the 401 in Ontario.

Last edited by biker-chicky; 03-21-2017 at 12:56 PM.

I'm still around.....I just figured out my password after numerous attempts. Just text me on my cell if you need to get ahold of me directly. We definitely need to get a few of the boys back together.

Pete

^^^^

its been up for months..in the Canada section..6 are booked,the date is firm,you can bump it back up if you wish..Chicky action is good for the thread..hope you catch on those #s

wondering bout some of the older members ?

Rigpilot,Munster,M109TOOGO,blue skunk,devilr,Canadian,under construction,jester,few others that switched bikes can't remember all the names,but there are many..

Default Bump

Ok,let’s get this group out this 2018 season...Stav is back on the road this spring,missed a year of riding with bad cataracts..on standby for my correction,so hopefully January..my 9will be on the road soon as the temps breech 60F..I have a lot of miles to make up..so let’s get some runs together...
    Stav

2017 lineup

1 biker-chicky...once lived in Ontario
    2. BradSmith..................Newmarket
    3 Crispy.................................Shwa
    4. drazen.............................St Kitts
    5. Ferny79......................Cambridge
    6. thrillseeker..aka....intimid8tor1951
    7. jcoleman.......................Strathroy
    8. John109................. Close enough
    9. RocoChet..............New Go station
    10 Stavros........................King City
    11 Stillfree.......................Etobicoke
    12 Turk_97...........................Sarnia
    13 Thevili.......................Hawkstone
    14 VzrDean............................Elora
    15 W8INLINE....................Uxbridge

if you're alive and still ride post up...
    Yup still here, on occasion - currently hibernating like everyone else north of the 49th parallel.
    NoSetFine....................Barrie

Not sure I'll be riding out to BC however - - but maybe Calgary when the snow melts.

^^^^

cool we have a pulse..will see if we can round up the 9rs for a spring meetup..check in as the weather breaks..seasons greeting,see u in the spring..
    Stav

Default Relocated

Moved from Hanover Ont to Wasaga Beach in November just marking time waiting for spring

^^^^

Welcome to the beach..should have fun round there..will be doing a run up there for sure ..c u in spring
    Stav

Default Will be watching

Always on the lookout for other 9s have only seen 8 or 9 in 50,000 km since 2013. 2 in Hanover 1 in Barry's Bay 1 in Maryland 1 in West Virginia 1 in Maine and 2 or 3 i don't remember where and we met a guy in Charlottetown PEI and another in Saint Johns New Brunswick that own 109's. They draw attention wherever they go we have met countless new and interesting people as a result. Spring is only 3 months and 5 days away see you soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dommer109 View Post
    Always on the lookout for other 9s have only seen 8 or 9 in 50,000 km since 2013. 2 in Hanover 1 in Barry's Bay 1 in Maryland 1 in West Virginia 1 in Maine and 2 or 3 i don't remember where and we met a guy in Charlottetown PEI and another in Saint Johns New Brunswick that own 109's. They draw attention wherever they go we have met countless new and interesting people as a result. Spring is only 3 months and 5 days away see you soon

We should get a dozen out for a may run...your close,if the weather breaks early,hit me up for a ride..been quiet on the C board..will make some calls and might have to jump on “fachbook” to shake some branches..

love riding Barry’s bay...up for that anytime
    Stav