Visiting Elk City

Thread: Visiting Elk City

Default Visiting Elk City

Going to be in Elk City for a week or two. Any must see's or do's?
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Sorry, I don't know a thing about Elk City. Only time I've been there was passing through on the way to Midwest City, or back to California. Haven't been that way since 2003. Far as I know, there are no "must see's" there. I've lived here since 2002, and not a one of the snews channels has ever said anything about Elk City.

Too bad it's at this time of the year, when the sunlight hours are so short, and the temperatures get cold after sundown. I'd have been tempted to ride that way to meet ya. We're looking at temperatures starting to fall rapidly after this week. Big cold front headed this way.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Sorry, I don't know a thing about Elk City. Only time I've been there was passing through on the way to Midwest City, or back to California. Haven't been that way since 2003. Far as I know, there are no "must see's" there. I've lived here since 2002, and not a one of the snews channels has ever said anything about Elk City.

Too bad it's at this time of the year, when the sunlight hours are so short, and the temperatures get cold after sundown. I'd have been tempted to ride that way to meet ya. We're looking at temperatures starting to fall rapidly after this week. Big cold front headed this way.
    Thanks, I may not be to far from you right now. I am in El Reno. I had Thanksgiving at a Holiday Inn in Oklahoma City and it was DEAD. Leaving early am. But would love to meet you sometime. I would even have a surprise for you and other 9ers that I meet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5641.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	341089
    Spooky dead....

Name:	IMG_5659.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	341097

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Thanks, I may not be to far from you right now. I am in El Reno. I had Thanksgiving at a Holiday Inn in Oklahoma City and it was DEAD. Leaving early am. But would love to meet you sometime. I would even have a surprise for you and other 9ers that I meet.

Name:	IMG_5641.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	341089
    Spooky dead....

Name:	IMG_5659.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	341097
    Wish I had known you were in town. Midwest City is just to the east of OKC. El Reno is not far either.

Yes, OKC is dead. There is Brick Town, but don't know how alive it was on a holiday weekend. Lots of folks hereabouts travel for the entire weekend. So it's no surprise it may have been slow.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Wish I had known you were in town. Midwest City is just to the east of OKC. El Reno is not far either.

Yes, OKC is dead. There is Brick Town, but don't know how alive it was on a holiday weekend. Lots of folks hereabouts travel for the entire weekend. So it's no surprise it may have been slow.
    Cool pic!

an oil town?

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Cool pic!

an oil town?
    Yes it is. I posted it thinking it was in Oklahoma City, but it is in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Yes it is. I posted it thinking it was in Oklahoma City, but it is in Tulsa.
    There ain't nothing in tulsa but steers and queers. .................................................. ...............................

The few times I've been there, ain't seen no steers. .................................................. ..............................................

SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Well I recognize the Driller pic. I guess it would have been nice to have met you while you were here in Tulsa. Sorry have not checked the board since Wednesday.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

There ain't nothing in tulsa but steers and queers. .................................................. ...............................

The few times I've been there, ain't seen no steers. .................................................. ..............................................

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Great movie!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGs-tXWpR4

Quote Originally Posted by BadDad1964 View Post
    Well I recognize the Driller pic. I guess it would have been nice to have met you while you were here in Tulsa. Sorry have not checked the board since Wednesday.
    No problem, I am sure I will pass through again when we winter next year. I will try to post up some more notice.