M109 Rider Forums banner

shifting problem

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Boehr 
#1 ·
Gentlemen, I have a 2008 C109RT and a 2006 M109. Both these bikes at approx 35,000 miles. I had a shifting problem with the M109 so did the pin mod and changed the clutch and added the Evo shift kit. all good. Now come to the C109 and sort of the same symptoms so did the same thing only different results entirely. At times shifts absolutely fine and then next time coming up to a red light locks up and will not shift down. Clutch works it disengages and I can coast to the light and then start off in 3rd gear cause won't shift down. Start out in which ever gear locked up bike lurches and then I continue to try shifting down and then most times it does. shifting up always works fine. I heard about the loose tubular clutch nut and wondered if this is a symptom of that. I can somewhat duplicate the issue even when i have the bike on the stand. Any ideas? Appreciate the help. If I can't fix this myself does anyone have a mechanic or dealer in the Phoenix, Casa Grande AZ they would recommend. Thanks

#6 ·
clutch Basket loose

So would not the clutch basket have some play in it. I never actually dismantled that nut cause it seemed everything was tight especially since there is a locked washer on the tube nut with the bend tabs Anyways have gotten good at taking clutch off so will go one more time. I will have to find a spanner socket for the nut. thanks for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.