Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    Suzuki will never do it, it would be the same as admitting their first clutch was a bad design!

And no dealer would suggest it to anyone on their own, because of the liability laws...

Well it will cost you extra 81 bucks, be prepared. Those are 5 driven plates (which 4 are missing)

which fits between the 6 driving plates which you received...

I was wondering why you received only one (21451-22H00)
    He said it was his fault, they are covering the cost by giving me a big discount on the tire, they also offered me another bike to use to get back to Penticton, I said no my mom will come get me and I'd stay in Kelowna. Very nice service, similar to a car dealer.

We shall see what they will do about the upgrade as well as the engine mount wear. They don't have that on their books as a serviceable item, yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Only , "b-c from BC" knows, how and what she ordered....
    I did not order it, I gave Stillfrees information to them and the parts guy ordered to match stillfree. Now stop trying to belittle me already!

Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    What professional mechanic's shop would not check the standard Suzuki 2011 clutch parts list b4 placing an order. Maybe they ordered 2006 clutch parts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    No I gave a picture above of the parts list/invoice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

What professional mechanic's shop would not check the standard Suzuki 2011 clutch parts list b4 placing an order. Maybe they ordered 2006 clutch parts.

The parts guy said your list saved him a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    I did not order it, I gave Stillfrees information to them and the parts guy ordered to match stillfree. Now stop trying to belittle me already!

Only , "b-c from BC" knows, how and what she ordered....
    Where do you see me belittling you in this?
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Yesterday before I left I got a little picture of my 9 on the bench, at this point the tech noted there was missing parts before going farther, he had the pipes off , and a bunch more to get the tire, and brake pads done and to start on the mounts, I said I was most concerned with the fronts and warned them that the back uppers would take more time and to skip it as I didn't want to pay a tone in labour. I warned them that the back upper is like removing the whole engine. And 4 bolts for the shaft would need to come out, and we all know what can happen if that shaft doesn't stab back in just right. So we shall see, what they do, and how long my 9 will be on the bench.

Where do you see me belittling you in this?
    Condescending remark. Read between the lines my friend.

Condescending remark. Read between the lines my friend.

Despite my condescending remarks previously,

this time you are seeing what is not there.

I was only stating that we don't know how the mistake happened.

I deleted it instantly, when I saw your explanation. That's all. LOL
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

I guess, the mechanic doesn't know the new plates are thinner? The manager

should have explained it to him, so he is familiar what and why it is being done...

Yes they knew they were thinner I explained all that many times. As I am their first clutch upgrade. I also said I wanted all the old parts for hubby's bike if needed. I also want to make sure no old parts were reused, and I want to modify the pin.

Yes they knew they were thinner I explained all that many times. As I am their first clutch upgrade. I also said I wanted all the old parts for hubby's bike if needed. I also want to make sure no old parts were reused, and I want to modify the pin.
    The mechanic did not know the plates are thinner, because as you wrote previously:

The mechanic thought he had to reuse parts,
    If he knew, he wouldn't ask that, would he?

The mechanic did not know the plates are thinner, because as you wrote previously:

If he knew, he wouldn't ask that, would he?
    If it's a first time from 06 to an 2011 maybe. Not many 9s in our area.

He got one plate where he was suppose to get 4 to 6 I'd have to look at the two invoices to compair, I looked at it quick before I left.

The parts guy quickly noted his error and convey it to the tech, remember it's first thing in the morning and there's a lineup of customers wanting everything now! The parts Got order in a timely fashion. Everyone makes mistakes, im not going to throw darts.

Last edited by biker-chicky; 06-21-2017 at 02:27 PM.

If it's a first time from 06 to an 2011 maybe. Not many 9s in our area.

He go one plate where he was suppose to get 4 to 6 I'd have to look at the two invoices to compair, I looked at it quick before I left.

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake no harm done - they got it right the 2nd time. If he was using my list he must have miscounted if he was short on parts. Let me know how it feels after ur 1st ride.

I said the mechanic didn't know about different thicknesses,

otherwise he would not ask about using old parts.

BTW after my 2011 clutch installation I kept all the original 2007 parts so I could inspect them and there was nothing wrong with any of the parts that would warrant them needing 2 b replaced so I concluded the 2007 clutch itself was just a completely poorly engineered/designed clutch and should have been replaced by Suzuki a long time ago. I have never read or heard of anyone owning a 2011 model that had clutch shudder or of anyone who ever did a pin mod on a 2011 model. The fact that the 2011 push pin is the same pin used since 2006 makes me wonder why anyone would need to do a pin mod on a 2011 model .

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake no harm done - they got it right the 2nd time. If he was using my list he must have miscounted if he was short on parts. Let me know how it feels after ur 1st ride.

Yes looking at the 2 invoices it's the steels clutch plate drive, he ordered one where he need 5. At first it caused a bit of a conundrum as the customers are anxiously wanting their bikes to be fixed, the parts guy and I went over it and he quickly saw the miss. Again there's other people at the counter. I have a big job, so having the 9 on the bench all day has put a lot of people off. It's a shame as we had weeks to confirm the list. I didn't even think of doing it as work has me busy and I was more concerned about the hub then the plates. I just got off the phone the tech did 2 mounts for me, the fronts for sure and one rear. I'll find out which ones and he has saved the parts so I can share them with you all. I also had the original back brake pads in there, I don't know for sure yet if those got replaced with the cheep ones I got on line. My gut tells me I should have gone with OEM since they have lasted so long already 60,000 km and I live in the mountains, lots of use.

Oh ya I did phone this morning to ask if the pink spring in the hub was suppose to be stuck? He said he'd look into it. No word about that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by biker-chicky; 06-21-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Woo hoo! I just love the new clutch, no hurky jurkys in first, smooth at high speeds, second still has a clunk but the other gears are 75% less. The idol sound is also better. I'll be checking the oil tomorrow. Here's the sound at start up out of the shop and with clutch in and out. I had my helmet on. I'll do another sound recording in the gaurage tomorrow. https://youtu.be/hYe11GLOdkE

What I don't like is the hard engine bushing mounts up front. I can feel every piston in the seat the grips and my boards. And my loose right mirror vibrates. I'll have to tighten that up. I talked with RevRon and he said yes he noticed it as well and it got better after about 2,000km.

I love my new Michelin tire, feels lighter and limber, and I got to ride it home in the fricken drenching rain. A bit freaky on a new tire but I'm use to riding in the rain. Kept u with traffic. The brake pads I got are okay, I still have lots of wear left on the other pads.

I'll up date the other threads.

I'll report back after 2,000 km of riding. I've got to work so it may take about a week and a half.

Woo hoo! I just love the new clutch, no hurky jurkys in first, smooth at high speeds, second still has a clunk but the other gears are 75% less. The idol sound is also better. I'll be checking the oil tomorrow. Here's the sound at start up out of the shop and with clutch in and out. I had my helmet on. I'll do another sound recording in the gaurage tomorrow. https://youtu.be/hYe11GLOdkE

What I don't like is the hard engine bushing mounts up front. I can feel every piston in the seat the grips and my boards. And my loose right mirror vibrates. I'll have to tighten that up. I talked with RevRon and he said yes he noticed it as well and it got better after about 2,000km.

I love my new Michelin tire, feels lighter and limber, and I got to ride it home in the fricken drenching rain. A bit freaky on a new tire but I'm use to riding in the rain. Kept u with traffic. The brake pads I got are okay, I still have lots of wear left on the other pads.

I'll up date the other threads.

I'll report back after 2,000 km of riding. I've got to work so it may take about a week and a half.

Thanks for update...As long as you happy!

..to be honest, your video sound of idling clutch doesn't seem to be different from the previous video sound.

If it does to you, was it worth the price of the new clutch hub? Also, did they ground the push pin?

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Congrats BC

just like new now

I'll give my full review after I get a few more Km on it. It is a lot easier to squeeze the clutch in. No sore hand at the stop light coming home in the rain during rush hour traffic.

No I did not do the pin mod, I have the original one to do for hubby's 9 when he gets more KM on it! The new hub, I have to say it's all part and parcel of the whole clutch. So far I'm liking the first thing I noticed right out of the gate and that the hurky jerkys are gone. Wow! I can actually relax a bit riding in first gear. I had to be very careful for 13 years. Man, how the hell did I put up with that for so long, I'll never know.

Last edited by biker-chicky; 06-21-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Congrats BC

just like new now
    Thanks! I'm so ready for the next cannon ball and will have no problems at 100 miles an hour passing with my chicky friends.

Thanks! I'm so ready for the next cannon ball and will have no problems at 100 miles an hour passing with my chicky friends.

Congratulations on ur new 2011 clutch upgrade. I hope u enjoy the upgrade as much as I did.

Congratulations on ur new 2011 clutch upgrade. I hope u enjoy the upgrade as much as I did.

Thank you so much! I have noticed a difference right away starting in first gear, sound more normal, clunky shifting is gone to clicks and once I get the engine mounts settled in I will get the full picture of all the greatness of the clutch. I should have done the two jobs separate from each other. I got that hard engine vibration even going 5km an hour and worse as I get up in rpm. The service guy noticed it most on the pegs. He's a big guy. He assured me it is nothing more then the hard mounts installed in the wrong spot, should be the soft ones up there. I'll get them seated or worn in soon! Driving me crazy that vibration my hands and feet getting the numb feeling, Dam! I'm more sensitive to it then the men. Hubby will test it out tomorrow. I'm ridding Tomorrow for 500 km or more. 2000km can't come soon enough. I'll be checking the oil as well.

So far the clutch is a noticeable change separate from the vibration.

Last edited by biker-chicky; 07-14-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Hey Suzuki tech did the pin Mod, wow hoo!

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by temagnus2004 View Post
    PM sent
    Here the ink to his documents

Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Here the ink to his documents

Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

You realise that the link you

posted is actually this thread?

You realise that the link you

posted is actually this thread?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Blonde moment
    Not, saves emailing the info.

Lack of self awareness....