Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 178

Thread: Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

  1. #31
    Very Active Member Wildman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Burbs IL
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Stillfree

    I sent you a PM regarding parts info if you still have them.

    Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman7 View Post
    Stillfree

    I sent you a PM regarding parts info if you still have them.

    Thanks
    I do still have everything but its all in storage going to BC. I sent a package of info to bicker- chickey and if u look her up on the forum ask her to forward to u all the info i sent her regarding my 2011 clutch upgrade on my 2007 M. Im sure she will b happy to help.

    Stillfree

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  4. #33
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    I do still have everything but its all in storage going to BC. I sent a package of info to bicker- chickey and if u look her up on the forum ask her to forward to u all the info i sent her regarding my 2011 clutch upgrade on my 2007 M. Im sure she will b happy to help.

    Stillfree

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Hi ya I can forward it to him


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman7 View Post
    Stillfree

    I sent you a PM regarding parts info if you still have them.

    Thanks
    I sent you a message in talkatap, just reply with your email and I'll forward you the emails for Stillfree as he is in transit!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  7. #35
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Hi ya I can forward it to him


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882
    I'm getting a lot of requests for the info i sent you. Is there any way u can put a link on the forum with all the info i sent you so that everyone can access it from the forum ? This way it will b much easier for anyone to get.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  8. #36
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    I'm getting a lot of requests for the info i sent you. Is there any way u can put a link on the forum with all the info i sent you so that everyone can access it from the forum ? This way it will b much easier for anyone to get.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Okay I'll see what I can do I'll see if I can save as an image then post.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  9. #37
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    I'm getting a lot of requests for the info i sent you. Is there any way u can put a link on the forum with all the info i sent you so that everyone can access it from the forum ? This way it will b much easier for anyone to get.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Okay, I'll get a post up using your emails.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  10. #38
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Okay, I'll get a post up using your emails.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882
    My new email address is the gmail address. The Rogers address is no longer active . Do you need me to send you the gmail address ? Did u out the grips i sent u on ur bike yet ?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  11. #39
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    My new email address is the gmail address. The Rogers address is no longer active . Do you need me to send you the gmail address ? Did u out the grips i sent u on ur bike yet ?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Can you get your email on your phone? I'll forward them back to you using the gmail address. I'll do that now


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  12. #40
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Can you get your email on your phone? I'll forward them back to you using the gmail address. I'll do that now


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882
    The gmail i can get

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  13. #41
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Can you get your email on your phone? I'll forward them back to you using the gmail address. I'll do that now


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882
    I just sent you back 3 emails, should be easy for you to make a new thread in shop talk, I was just going to copy past your main email as your content is perfect then post the images. I just have a hard time figuring out how to post PDF file so I was going to try a scream shot and save as an image, it would take a bit of time to figure that out when viewing iBooks. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Your work is superb and when it's time for a money dump I'm getting that new clutch in my 2006! Thank you so much.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  14. #42
    Very Active Member Wildman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Burbs IL
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Biker-chicky

    I responded to your email

    Thank you

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  15. #43
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    I just sent you back 3 emails, should be easy for you to make a new thread in shop talk, I was just going to copy past your main email as your content is perfect then post the images. I just have a hard time figuring out how to post PDF file so I was going to try a scream shot and save as an image, it would take a bit of time to figure that out when viewing iBooks. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Your work is superb and when it's time for a money dump I'm getting that new clutch in my 2006! Thank you so much.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882
    What u just did was awesome thank u so much. I just need to learn how to do a new thread w/ the info to add to shop talk , LOL . Did you add those ISO handlebar grips to ur bike yet - if so do u like them ? Hope to meet u and ur husband soon after getting to B.C. - thanks for all ur help

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  16. #44
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    What u just did was awesome thank u so much. I just need to learn how to do a new thread w/ the info to add to shop talk , LOL . Did you add those ISO handlebar grips to ur bike yet - if so do u like them ? Hope to meet u and ur husband soon after getting to B.C. - thanks for all ur help

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Any time my friend, Yes I love the grips,
    The furnace went down in the garage so I'm hoping this weekend to get back at the bike. the weather has broke as well so I'm hoping to get them on soon! I can hardly wait, yes, we will defiantly be doing some riding with you! It's going to be a good year!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  17. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    8

    Default Issue with upgrade

    Hello Guys, I just completed the 2007 to 2011 clutch upgrade. My clutch was slipping in second gear around 4000. I changed out the complete clutch pack. Now when I put the bike in gear it starts to move. I noticed that the new clutch pack was taller than the old one. Has anyone else experienced this?

  18. #46
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bim28 View Post
    Hello Guys, I just completed the 2007 to 2011 clutch upgrade. My clutch was slipping in second gear around 4000. I changed out the complete clutch pack. Now when I put the bike in gear it starts to move. I noticed that the new clutch pack was taller than the old one. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I installed a completely new 2011 clutch on my 2007 last fall. I have not had any issues since the install. Did u change or alter the push pin in any way ? Did u adjust the push pin ?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  19. #47
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fergus, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,349

    Default new clutch pack was taller than the old one

    Quote Originally Posted by bim28 View Post
    Hello Guys, I just completed the 2007 to 2011 clutch upgrade. My clutch was slipping in second gear around 4000. I changed out the complete clutch pack. Now when I put the bike in gear it starts to move. I noticed that the new clutch pack was taller than the old one. Has anyone else experienced this?
    IMHO it is taller because your old friction plates are worn somewhat.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

  20. #48
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    IMHO it is taller because your old friction plates are worn somewhat.
    I didn't use any 2007 plates , disks, clutch concave washers etc because the 2011upgrade had thinned out discs and added 2 more discs or plates to the clutch basket - the discs were thinned out so the new added discs would stack up properly in the original 2007 clutch basket. Did u use a mix of 2007 and 2011 plates and discs etc

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  21. #49
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    I didn't use any 2007 plates , disks, clutch concave washers etc because the 2011upgrade had thinned out discs and added 2 more discs or plates to the clutch basket - the discs were thinned out so the new added discs would stack up properly in the original 2007 clutch basket. Did u use a mix of 2007 and 2011 plates and discs etc

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    In the M109 forum under shop talk and under Stillfree I posted 5 pictures of what i did to install a 2011 updated complete clutch to my 2007 M109 if my memory serves me correctly there were 18 clutch upgrades in 2011 since 2006.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  22. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    8

    Default

    No I didn't mix the old and new plates. The 2011 came with 1 more fiber disk than the 2007 clutch pack. I will change the springs and give that a try sometime this weekend.

  23. #51
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bim28 View Post
    No I didn't mix the old and new plates. The 2011 came with 1 more fiber disk than the 2007 clutch pack. I will change the springs and give that a try sometime this weekend.
    I have it written down that the 2011 complete updated clutch came with 2 extra discs and some new replacement discs had been thinned down so that everything including the 2 extra discs would stack properly in the clutch basket and all of the discs /plates etc including the 2 extra discs that I used all fit perfectly into the 2007 #2 clutch basket. There were 18 ugrades that i listed and marked in the diagram that i posted in the forum M109R Shop Talk and most of the upgrades were the plates, discs , conical wave washer #12 and seat #13 etc. The Hub # 3 and # 4 springs were also upgrades. The push pin was not an upgrade since 2006 but the push pin washer was. There were other upgrades as well. My stock Suzuki 2011 clutch installation on my 2007 model included all 18 upgrades and I have had nothing but pleasure since installing the 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R - it feels like a new bike.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stillfree; 04-04-2017 at 09:55 PM.

  24. #52
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    I have it written down that the 2011 complete updated clutch came with 2 extra discs and some new replacement discs had been thinned down so that everything including the 2 extra discs would stack properly in the clutch basket and all of the discs /plates etc including the 2 extra discs that I used all fit perfectly into the 2007 #2 clutch basket. There were 18 ugrades that i listed and marked in the diagram that i posted in the forum M109R Shop Talk and most of the upgrades were the plates, discs , conical wave washer #12 and seat #13 etc. The Hub # 3 and # 4 springs were also upgrades. The push pin was not an upgrade since 2006 but the push pin washer was. There were other upgrades as well. My stock Suzuki 2011 clutch installation on my 2007 model included all 18 upgrades and I have had nothing but pleasure since installing the 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R - it feels like a new bike.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stillfree; 04-07-2017 at 09:17 AM.

  25. #53
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    St. Louis Missouri
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Had the clutch shudder in my first C109 (200 before I knew there was clutch shudder.

    Bike was only 3 months old (to me, bought new) with 14,000 km, it started happenning.
    Finally, wouldn't shift after another week and a half.

    Spent $1000 for suzuki to replace the clutch on my new bike....no issues after that for the next 30,000 km and for 32,000km on my 2010 C109 or 65,000km on my 2012 M109.

    You should be fine.
    Two weeks ago before I picked up my 2013, when I did my test ride, when I got back the bike was making the rattling sound, and the clunk going into second gear, but mostly what annoyed me was the racket when idling with the clutch out and in neutral. They called me a couple of days later and told me the mechanic said everything was fine, but since I picked it up yesterday and rode it, the clunk when shifting and the rattle at idle/neutral is gone. So I think they adjusted the clutch and just said it was fine, because it is entirely different than when I rode it the first time (much better). Anyway glad I got a model after the clutch fix.

  26. #54
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    I just ordered my parts, and even a bigger surprise is the shop said they would swap out the parts for me for approx $120-ish! This is great, no down time. So I'm going to give this stock clutch a few more big runs then, it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year. Will update near the end of June.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  27. #55
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    I just ordered my parts, and even a bigger surprise is the shop said they would swap out the parts for me for approx $120-ish! This is great, no down time. So I'm going to give this stock clutch a few more big runs then, it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year. Will update near the end of June.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    R u putting in a new clutch because ur having problems with ur original 2006 clutch or is it because of normal wear and tear.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  28. #56
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    R u putting in a new clutch because ur having problems with ur original 2006 clutch or is it because of normal wear and tear.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Changing gears is like driving an old 64 Chevy pick up truck, and clunking around like a tank changing gears, I have to ride it like an old fart who's fearful of braking it, and at interstate speeds, there's too much vibration, my gutt says the springs are warn, and ya it's just time, last year when hubby did the loose tub nut the clutch pads were half warn. Feels like I'm riding a clunker. My Harley Chicky friends have me beat!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  29. #57
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Changing gears is like driving an old 64 Chevy pick up truck, and clunking around like a tank changing gears, I have to ride it like an old fart who's fearful of braking it, and at interstate speeds, there's too much vibration, my gutt says the springs are warn, and ya it's just time, last year when hubby did the loose tub nut the clutch pads were half warn. Feels like I'm riding a clunker. My Harley Chicky friends have me beat!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    It's a lot more money but putting in the 2011 clutch would b like giving urself a new bike and well worth it if ur keeping the bike. The good news is Suzuki did up grade the seat wave washer # 21471 - 48G00 and clutch washer # 21472- 48G10 . Do the 2011 upgrade for ur 6 clutch springs # 21413 - 35F10 . This will make ur clutch lever a lot easier to pull and hold in. Note : the 2011 clutch added 2 more discs and thinned out some original discs to allow proper stacking in the disc basket w/ the 2 newly added discs. Good luck w/ the new clutch and congrats on all the work u did on ur bike over the past winter. Enjoy ur summer !


    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  30. #58
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default Installed a complete upgraded 2011 clutch on my 2007 M109R

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfree View Post
    It's a lot more money but putting in the 2011 clutch would b like giving urself a new bike and well worth it if ur keeping the bike. The good news is Suzuki did up grade the seat wave washer # 21471 - 48G00 and clutch washer # 21472- 48G10 . Do the 2011 upgrade for ur 6 clutch springs # 21413 - 35F10 . This will make ur clutch lever a lot easier to pull and hold in. Note : the 2011 clutch added 2 more discs and thinned out some original discs to allow proper stacking in the disc basket w/ the 2 newly added discs. Good luck w/ the new clutch and congrats on all the work u did on ur bike over the past winter. Enjoy ur summer !


    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    What you mentioned above is in that info in the pictures above?

    I just gave all the info to suzuki, got the same price as you, they are going to do the switch. They have not done this yet. My gut says they will recommend this to future customers if they like the outcome. The tech will be test driving before the change over. Getting the front mount done for sure and possibly the upper rear as well, we shall see. This is a secret, hubby doesn't know, he doesn't have time for the forum either, so I'm good!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Last edited by biker-chicky; 06-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  31. #59
    Very Active Member Stillfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    What you mentioned above is in that info in the pictures above?

    I just gave all the info to suzuki, got the same price as you, they are going to do the switch. They have not done this yet. My gut says they will recommend this to future customers if they like the outcome. The tech will be test driving before the change over. Getting the front mount done for sure and possibly the upper rear as well, we shall see. This is a secret, hubby doesn't know, he doesn't have time for the forum either, so I'm good!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Let me know how u like it after ur 1st ride

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  32. #60
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    I sure would like to take one of the bike with the upgraded clutch around the block to feel the diff for myself. Maybe next year if I can get out to the MAM.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •