M109 Rider Forums banner

Good Dealers?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  psmith 
#1 ·
Anybody know of a good dealership in Mich to take my 9 for repairs? I live near Lansing.

#4 ·
Awe, we had that and we fixed that on my 2006 9 last year. We have the stock exhaust set up.

Can you tell us if you are a little bit handy and a bit about your exhaust system. F1 light usually is part of the exhaust valve module, there is a special name for it. Meaning the exhaust valve is stuck open. Not a big deal but if a dealer is going to replace that part it can be pricy. Maybe post "Part wanted" and put it on yourself. If it is that part we were supper cheep and fixed the module, many little things can go wrong with the part and there are quite a few little fixes posted including cutting a brown wire.

Lots of people change out their exhaust and may have replacement parts, if your still on stock set up as my hubby and I are.

Im not sure what else the F1 light could code for but I get the feeling someone will pipe in, maybe post F1 light help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.