Virginia M109R Ride - October 1st 2016

Thread: Virginia M109R Ride - October 1st 2016

Default Virginia M109R Ride - October 1st 2016

Hey 9 Fam,

With temperatures finally cooling down, it's time for our annual VA Ride! Last couple years was a blast and we hope this one is even better. In the past we've done Skyline drive, but this year were thinking of a more central route so we can include 9's from all over. Any route recommendations are welcomed as well as 9's from the DMV. So mark your calendars, and lets tear some roads up!

FYI, ride was rescheduled from Sept 24th to Oct 1st.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm still in!

Sounds great

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Hey I might even be able to jump in on part of this one.
    2007 m109r red, E3 250, iso grips, stilleto pegs, V-stream touring windshield, TRE...and the list is growing

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbm View Post
    Hey I might even be able to jump in on part of this one.
    Looking forward to it Bill? Was thinking of incorporating Rt 211 somewhere, but still looking. Any route options are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post
    Looking forward to it Bill? Was thinking of incorporating Rt 211 somewhere, but still looking. Any route options are welcomed.
    anything sounds great....my work is crazy, i never really know when I'll be off for sure, so dont plan anything my way just for me. If you guys are within range and I'm off I'll jump in somewhere along the way.
    2007 m109r red, E3 250, iso grips, stilleto pegs, V-stream touring windshield, TRE...and the list is growing

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbm View Post
    anything sounds great....my work is crazy, i never really know when I'll be off for sure, so dont plan anything my way just for me. If you guys are within range and I'm off I'll jump in somewhere along the way.
    Doesn't cold and flu season start in October? cough... cough...

Unfortunately I'm saving my sick time for November.....that's when we have most of our line Tech's out on vac, this way I can call in when they don't backfill for people that's off.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Giving this thread a much needed bump. The countdown is on. One week till we get some riding in. So I've been searching for routes, and we my have some MD 9's who would like to join. Since we have people coming from places further north, I figure we can start with a route that runs north and ends closer to central VA. That way those from MD can enjoy the ride and break off and take 66 back home if they like. The first route I have starts in Plains, VA and ends in Madison, VA. The second route starts off in Warrenton, VA and ends close to Charlottesville, VA. I'm open for other options as well. Stafford or Fredricksburg is also a good starting point, but don't know any routes in that area going either east or west.

Route 1: Plains, VA and ends in Madison, VA.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Suno...m0!1m0!1m0!3e0

Route 2: Warrenton, VA and ends close to Crozet, VA
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Shee...38.0702012!3e0

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post
    Giving this thread a much needed bump. The countdown is on. One week till we get some riding in. So I've been searching for routes, and we my have some MD 9's who would like to join. Since we have people coming from places further north, I figure we can start with a route that runs north and ends closer to central VA. That way those from MD can enjoy the ride and break off and take 66 back home if they like. The first route I have starts in Plains, VA and ends in Madison, VA. The second route starts off in Warrenton, VA and ends close to Charlottesville, VA. I'm open for other options as well. Stafford or Fredricksburg is also a good starting point, but don't know any routes in that area going either east or west.

Route 1: Plains, VA and ends in Madison, VA.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Suno...m0!1m0!1m0!3e0

Route 2: Warrenton, VA and ends close to Crozet, VA
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Shee...38.0702012!3e0
    After reviewing both routes again, I think the second route is more appropriate seeing that sunset is earlier now. Maybe next year we can do the 1st route, when the days are much longer. What do you guys think?

Also gonna try to put together a route that starts in Stafford/Fredricksburg and end in that Central Charlottesville area.

Hey 9 Fam,

I've been keeping my figures crossed, hoping for the rain to subside, but it looks like there is a 60% chance for rain this Sat. As a result we'll have to move this ride to another day. Would this Sunday, Oct 2nd, work for those interested? I will be out of town on the Oct 8th weekend, so the only other day that would work would be the Oct 15th Weekend.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Default Ride Reschedule - October 8th 2016

Hey folks, the ride scheduled for Oct 1st, has been rescheduled for Oct 8th. Meetup for Northern VA and MD riders will 9:00AM at the Sunoco Gas Station, 14124 Lee Highway, Centreville, VA 20120. Gas station is right off of 66. Kick stands up at 9:30am. We'll meet the Southern VA Riders in Warrenton at the Sheetz Gas Station, 600 Blackwell Rd, Warrenton, VA 20186. Meetup time will be at 10:00AM, leaving around 10:15AM.
    We'll plan on doing the following route below. If we're starved for time we can always cut it short.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Suno...38.8389544!3e0

Default Planning on being there

Calendar looks clean r/now; weather so-so - I'm planning on being there. See you in Centreville on the 8th.

Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Rison View Post
    Calendar looks clean r/now; weather so-so - I'm planning on being there. See you in Centreville on the 8th.

Mojo

I hope the weather holds. See you on Sat.