I.S.O. Local Dyno Tuner

Thread: I.S.O. Local Dyno Tuner

Default I.S.O. Local Dyno Tuner

I have seen couple old threads and have searched for the suggestions I found. I wish Twin Performance in Garner was still open. All are out of business. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a dyno tuner in the Raleigh Area? I am willing to ride a reasonable distance but not a day trip to Cherokee or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BKojac View Post
    I have seen couple old threads and have searched for the suggestions I found. I wish Twin Performance in Garner was still open. All are out of business. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a dyno tuner in the Raleigh Area? I am willing to ride a reasonable distance but not a day trip to Cherokee or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Wow! I was not aware that Twin Performance in Garner was closed. Maybe try sending Norlonn (Bearcat) a pm. He might be aware of someone in the north Raleigh area that can do this. I am located in the Apex/Cary area if you would like to ride sometime. There is another in Cary (Big Mike) who loves to ride as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Wow! I was not aware that Twin Performance in Garner was closed. Maybe try sending Norlonn (Bearcat) a pm. He might be aware of someone in the north Raleigh area that can do this. I am located in the Apex/Cary area if you would like to ride sometime. There is another in Cary (Big Mike) who loves to ride as much as I do.
    Just got back from a lunchtime ride myself. Maybe one will respond... I'm not one to just pm someone, don't want to be a bother😉

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just got back from a lunchtime ride myself. Maybe one will respond... I'm not one to just pm someone, don't want to be a bother

Maybe give Jeb, at Tapped Out Cycles. He does all of my work, and knows most of the people who might know anything about tuning bikes. Good Luck with your search.

Maybe give Jeb, at Tapped Out Cycles. He does all of my work, and knows most of the people who might know anything about tuning bikes. Good Luck with your search.
    Thanks, I will give him a call!

Just an update. Twin Performance has moved not closed down, just a little farther down the road. Brett did seem very reluctant to want to tune my 9 however.

For anyone who runs across this the only tuners I could find where Twin Performance and Ray Price Harley(won't even touch a non-harley) Other than that I believe there is one in Rockingham and I know there is one in Charlotte. Crazy, maybe I ought to buy a Dyno and get certified😂😂😂

Just an update. Twin Performance has moved not closed down, just a little farther down the road. Brett did seem very reluctant to want to tune my 9 however.

For anyone who runs across this the only tuners I could find where Twin Performance and Ray Price Harley(won't even touch a non-harley) Other than that I believe there is one in Rockingham and I know there is one in Charlotte. Crazy, maybe I ought to buy a Dyno and get certified

Yea, Brett does specialize in harleys, but he was nice to KD and myself whenever we would go. In fact, we were there for his first open house when he opened off 70, just down from Team Powersports. As for Ray Price Harley, they have always been a "only harley shop". I did used to get my nitrous filled there when I had my mustang.

Yea, Brett does specialize in harleys, but he was nice to KD and myself whenever we would go. In fact, we were there for his first open house when he opened off 70, just down from Team Powersports. As for Ray Price Harley, they have always been a "only harley shop". I did used to get my nitrous filled there when I had my mustang.
    Yeah, Brett will remember me. I took my VTX1800 there cause it was bucking like a wild stalion. Turned out that my pc3 went bad and I never got to have it tuned but he didn't charge me. Just glad I don't have to ride to Charlotte and install my BAK's in the parking lot before they tuned it, lol.

Can't wait to see the numbers! Grinning ear to ear!!!!

Can't wait to see the numbers! Grinning ear to ear!!!!

So, is this at Brett's? I have found that a dyno is the best way to check for an oil puke, or a loose radiator hose. If there is ever going to be a leak, it will show up on the floor of the dyno. I have only dynoed a bike twice, but my mustangs and the lightning have been on a dyno a couple of times. I always do a big sigh of relief when I take anything off and it runs fine afterwards. Good luck, and post the numbers.

So, is this at Brett's? I have found that a dyno is the best way to check for an oil puke, or a loose radiator hose. If there is ever going to be a leak, it will show up on the floor of the dyno. I have only dynoed a bike twice, but my mustangs and the lightning have been on a dyno a couple of times. I always do a big sigh of relief when I take anything off and it runs fine afterwards. Good luck, and post the numbers.
    Not bad numbers for a Barons Big Air Kit, Bassani Turnouts (2-2) and a PCV! The biggest difference is the 3500 cruise area though. So much smoother!

Sorry I can't rotate this, new phone.

Not bad numbers for a Barons Big Air Kit, Bassani Turnouts (2-2) and a PCV! The biggest difference is the 3500 cruise area though. So much smoother!

Sorry I can't rotate this, new phone.

It wont let me click on it and I cant see or make out any numbers. How did it do?

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    It wont let me click on it and I cant see or make out any numbers. How did it do?
    Yeah, the upload was crap. Sorry bout that. 107.79rwhp and 108.96tq

I hope this uploads better. Tried a different tactic.

OK, now I have to go get my 08 dynoed. My 06 did 108 hp, and my 07 actually did 112.4 hp. Both of these were bone stock on Bretts dyno. These SAE:1.05 numbers taken on 7/9/11 for the 07 and SAE: 0.96 numbers taken on 12/6/08.

Sorry just saw this Thread... us Bearcats need our hibernation time... Cutters in Knighdale has a dyno... good guy..kinda edgy so we get alone great...

We all brothers here...so family cant be considered a bother... Welcome.. and see you around.
    [

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    Sorry just saw this Thread... us Bearcats need our hibernation time... Cutters in Knighdale has a dyno... good guy..kinda edgy so we get alone great...

We all brothers here...so family cant be considered a bother... Welcome.. and see you around.
    SHAZAM!! It's my long lost Brother that I haven't seen in four years of riding. Talk about Bearcats hibernation time, one day when I grow up I want to be just like you. Rubber side down, shiny side up!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE