M109 Rider Forums banner

Needing Help M90 2009

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikebic 
#1 ·
Can anyone out there assist me please. For the past 6 months I have a problem with my beloved 09 M90 that no one seems to be able to identify or rectify...The bike runs really well for an hour or so then starts losing acceleration...no response from the throttle at all for a few seconds before it cuts back in again.
This gets progressively worse until the engine totally cuts out an can only re-start after a 1 min break or longer.
Have had it serviced and looked at ...nothing obvious found...tends to behave after a service for a month or so but same issue re-emerges again..
Thank you in anticipation
Mike

#2 ·
Loose Negitive wire

I had similar issue with my bike shutting down on the freeway. Also not starting. I tryed push starting it many times and it would turn over and die.

The answer was incredible simple. My negative connector on my battery was loose. I tightened it and it resolved the issue.

#7 ·
I had similar issue with my bike shutting down on the freeway. Also not starting. I tryed push starting it many times and it would turn over and die.

The answer was incredible simple. My negative connector on my battery was loose. I tightened it and it resolved the issue.
Thank you for the reply....I don't think that's the problem but will heck out the terminals tonight....Cheers

#3 ·
You will get more responses if you post this in the Shop Talk or M90 section...I only came across your thread because it popped up on my phone as unread.

When your bike cuts out, do the warning lights flicker off and on? I had a similar issue with the connection on my battery being loose which caused my bike to cut out momentarily. The warning lights would come on and my alarm would chirp, which lead me to look at my battery connections.

Other culprits could be a clogged fuel filter, dirty side stand switch or bad turn signal/side stand relay.

#6 ·
Thank you for the post an advise....new to this site and still learning the ropes...
There is no electrical action at all...some slight exhaust back fire but not sure if that is related...
I had the bike serviced , changed plugs, fuel filer etc the last two times this happened and no luck...
Last ditch attempt is to get a Suzuki dealer to see if they can diagnose it otherwise I may have to part with it..Thanks again for the advise and help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.