M109 Rider Forums banner

OMG! 2017 may be the end of power cruisers!☹️☹️😭

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  grampi 
#1 ·
#5 ·
heard ABS will also be mandatory in Europe and Suzuki has no plans for fitting the 9 with it. As far as the rocket 3 same issue as the Vmax not meeting the new European standard maybe due to displacement. Guess we just have to wait and see.

#7 ·
I wonder if the tanks and such will be next to meet pollution standards, haven forbid that war would be held in a dirty air environment:eek::joke:

#8 · (Edited)
Well, since I have no intention of selling my 2006 M109R, nor any intention of ever buying another new bike again, this means NADA to me. I'll be sorry to see them not available, but I'll still have mine.

The sad thing is, far as I know, motorcycles in the U.S. don't have to meet any emission standards. Maybe in Communist California, but nowhere else. The catalytic converter that Suzuki puts on them is not mandatory, but voluntary. So, the U.S. would lose access to certain bikes because of stupid tough European standards.

Buy one now, or forever hold your peace.

#9 ·
Well, since I have no intention of selling my 2006 M109R, nor any intention of ever buying another new bike again, this means NADA to me. I'll be sorry to see them not available, but I'll still have mine.

The sad thing is, far as I know, motorcycles in the U.S. don't have to meet any emission standards. Maybe in Communist California, but nowhere else. The catalytic converter that Suzuki puts on them is not mandatory, but voluntary. So, the U.S. would lose access to certain bikes because of stupid tough European standards.

Buy one now, or forever hold your peace.
The problem is, when they discontinue certain models, they also quit making replacement parts for them...sure, parts will be available for a while, but for how long?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.