Local Rider Down...for good

Thread: Local Rider Down...for good

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

Default Local Rider Down...for good

My wife was called yesterday (Monday) and was told about one of the guys she worked with was in a fatal motorcycle accident.
    I am trying to spread the word as best as possible. James and his wife Melissa were hit head on by someone intoxicated AND
    on pills. They both lost their left legs, and were life flighted to the hospital, where James died. Melissa is in critical condition and
    has both arms broken, and some fingers as well. She also lost a finger too.

They have 2 young kids, early high school aged. I cannot think of how this will work out, but I feel bad, horrible actually, for them
    all. Here is a link to an article that I found and their GoFundMe page. It's going to be tough, for the kids especially. Im not a parent,
    but I feel THIS is the age they need both parents as much as possible.

To me, it kinda hits home because we knew the young couple.

Oh, these are the links. The top link shows pictures of the scene. NOT bodies, other than the drunk, with NO injuries.
    http://www.polkcountytoday.com/acc062516.html

https://www.gofundme.com/2bgg6ng

They do need help. Just a funeral alone costs a lot these days, and the medical attention is much, much more.
    I am going to share this as much as I can. I hope the charges are changed to homicide. She needs to be locked away, for good.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Wow, my condolences. Life if way too short sometimes...and some folks don't value life at all.

Hug and kiss your loved ones tonight, and every night.

Very Active Member

So very sad....I will keep this family in my prayers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I heard about this on the local news last Saturday but they didn't show any pictures at the time. Sad to hear about this.

Yeah Chilly, the woman was actually ARGUING with the police that she did nothing wrong.
    Imagine that.

They've amputated her leg above the knee, as an update today, they are having trouble with
    the tissue there, so, if they cant get it under control they'll have to go to the hip. That means
    no prosthetic leg from the knee down. Today she underwent surgery to rebuild her pelvis.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

Whatever happened with this accident? Did the girl loos the leg to the hip?

We havent kept in close touch, but they got the leg just amputated just above the knee.
    Both kids are doing as good as they can, as well as the woman.

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

Is the gofundme page still active ?

WCD

No. It went down I think a few weeks after the accident.