M109 tachometer retrofit to C109RT

Thread: M109 tachometer retrofit to C109RT

Default M109 tachometer retrofit to C109RT

What is involved in doing this? Is there a tutorial written up somewhere? This is something I'd really, really, REALLY like to do on my new C109RT... Name:  eusa_drool.gif
Views: 174
Size:  1.1 KB

Bought on 06/18/2016 for $6,500, with 1,864 original miles on the odometer (and I'm the third owner! Da fuq were the first two thinking?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

sorry ive been away for a bit . aside from getting an m109 tach you will want to get the baron tach adapter for the c109 it easy and straight forward . the only other thing will be some sort of means to attach the tach to the bike . in my case its a kyuraklyn bar clamp using a threaded bolt.

if you do a you tube search you will probaly find where some one posted a vid of his
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7sgsVIpkA
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

Yeah, I came across that video already. Unfortunately this is just too complicated a project for me to undertake right now. Hell, I still can't figure out how to install the SpeedoHealer.

Bought on 06/18/2016 for $6,500, with 1,864 original miles on the odometer (and I'm the third owner! Da fuq were the first two thinking?)

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I am thinking about doing this as well. I was looking at wiring diagrams a few weeks ago and it looks like it can be done without a tacho adaptor .Has anyone tried tapping into the factory sensor for the tacho signal or do I have to be the first.

I do NOT have the adapter ! mine is wired into the coils with resisters and diods n stuff . with the ground and back lighting coming from existing wires in the bucket just as the you tube vidio puts it .

The 30 bucks for the baron adapter is (IMHO) the way to go .

I have been toying with the idea to move my turn signal indicators up to the tach and also my as7 indicator . and some of indicator lights for my cruise control . it would be nice to have those up and visible in front of me . The cruise unit is a tad hard to see during the day and it does not help that my phone holder and gps cradle partaily block the view of it . on my handle bars I have the tach ( centered ) on the left side I have the bully control , phone holder and the gps cradle . on the right side I have my cup/bottle holder . While it may seem odd to have both a phone and gps its due to the gps gets only used on longer and pre routed trips .

baron part number BA-7315-50
    Last edited by 1r; 08-11-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

I was looking at wiring it up the same as the m109. I read something about the baron adaptor not working properly at low rpm.

I have a small "bounce " on the read out at idol .. reads out well beyond that and I don't have the adapter. It is in no way shape or form so bad that I have even looked into doing anything about it . It seems strange to me that the bike not only did not come with a tachometer but it was not even an option .