M109 Rider Forums banner

M109 tachometer retrofit to C109RT

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  1r 
#1 ·
What is involved in doing this? Is there a tutorial written up somewhere? ??? This is something I'd really, really, REALLY like to do on my new C109RT... Font Sky Gas Symmetry Electric blue

See less See more
#2 ·
sorry ive been away for a bit . aside from getting an m109 tach you will want to get the baron tach adapter for the c109 it easy and straight forward . the only other thing will be some sort of means to attach the tach to the bike . in my case its a kyuraklyn bar clamp using a threaded bolt.

if you do a you tube search you will probaly find where some one posted a vid of his

#3 ·
Yeah, I came across that video already. Unfortunately this is just too complicated a project for me to undertake right now. :redfaced: Hell, I still can't figure out how to install the SpeedoHealer. :confused:

#5 · (Edited)
I do NOT have the adapter ! mine is wired into the coils with resisters and diods n stuff . with the ground and back lighting coming from existing wires in the bucket just as the you tube vidio puts it .

The 30 bucks for the baron adapter is (IMHO) the way to go .

I have been toying with the idea to move my turn signal indicators up to the tach and also my as7 indicator . and some of indicator lights for my cruise control . it would be nice to have those up and visible in front of me . The cruise unit is a tad hard to see during the day and it does not help that my phone holder and gps cradle partaily block the view of it . on my handle bars I have the tach ( centered ) on the left side I have the bully control , phone holder and the gps cradle . on the right side I have my cup/bottle holder . While it may seem odd to have both a phone and gps its due to the gps gets only used on longer and pre routed trips .

baron part number BA-7315-50

#7 ·
I have a small "bounce " on the read out at idol .. reads out well beyond that and I don't have the adapter. It is in no way shape or form so bad that I have even looked into doing anything about it . It seems strange to me that the bike not only did not come with a tachometer but it was not even an option .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.