Thank You Meancycles

Thread: Thank You Meancycles

Default Thank You Meancycles

Yep thanking my man for coming thru once again and supporting the Mid Atlantic Meet, a lot of good stuff. Thanks JC we really appreciate it. Lots of goodies. Hopefully our members here can return the favor by supporting our vendors

Last edited by some 9; 06-16-2016 at 05:53 AM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Awesome!!
    2007 M109R Limited Edition, Cobra FI2000R Power Pro, Freedom Exhaust, DLX Prodox 3" Spike Chrome Studded Gunner Forward Controls/Grips/Levers, Ducks Air Covers, Wrap LED Turn Signals

Very nice of them. I have purchased quite a few items from them and I've been impressed by their customer service.

Debadged, Debeavered, Tach Relo, Custom faceplates, Stealth LED Turns, Gregg's Sidemount, Coastal Moto Wheels, 280mm, 2" Bones, Freedom P. Exhaust, Derby, Axle Spikes, Irate Grill, Chin Scoop, Croc Seat, Lots of Chrome

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I spoke with JC yesterday to ask for a list of what was going into the box (which he was going to email me, but must have forgotten to), so I could add his items to the running list of Vendor Contributions I've been keeping on the 1st page of the MAM thread. I can't really identify what all that stuff is from the picture, so I'll just leave it listed as "various goodies". Thanks for posting, Andy - and thanks for contributing, JC (is JC even on here or on Facebook, LOL?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    BikerGranny would rip your head off, and spit down your neck. You have NO idea who you're messing with. She'll be coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice. You'll be crying when she's done with you. That is a promise. Normally there is no fighting at the meet. But, I may make an exception in your case. LYIANFW!

Cool!

BOTM - January 2016
    2011 M109R LE....Not quite stock!
    I'm only GRUMPY when I'm not riding 1SICK9!

Way to go meancycle looks like some nice stuff
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

Thumbs up

Wow!|! Thanks to Meancycles and Lucky will be the ones present on that meeting!! Cannot go way to far for me...

Default AWESOME STUFF!

NICE!!!!!
    2008 M109r, GMAN TRE, K&N filter, FI2000 Cobra PowerPro, Kury Iso grips, Kury grip end weights, Freedom Performance Combat 2-1 exhaust

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Quote Originally Posted by BikerGranny View Post
    (is JC even on here or on Facebook, LOL?)

https://www.facebook.com/jc.pomar.7?fref=ts

And Awesome For him to be so kind.

I need to call meancycles. I ordered a chrome set of triples for my 4+ months ago and still do not have it. They did send me a polished set to let me borrow so I could take it to bike week but that was back in early May. I took the triples back off after bike week and am still waiting. Been told many times it out for chroming but that only is a 1 to 2 day job once started. Here we are months later.
    Last edited by Weedahoe; 06-17-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedahoe View Post
    I need to call meancycles. I ordered a chrome set of triples for my 26 months ago and still do not have it. They did send me a polished set to let me borrow so I could take it to bike week but that was back in early May. I took the triples back off after bike week and am still waiting. Been told many times it out for chroming but that only is a 1 to 2 day job once started. Here we are months later.
    Bro I know your upset and I feel ya but this thread was made not for this, if you have a problem I suggest call them again. Please remember that meancycle is a distributor of motorcycle parts and do not make the triple trees, they are made by another company like Sumo X and therefore that company is the one that has you waiting not Meancycles. So just keep that in mind, very nice of JC to lend you one though which clearly he doesn't have to do.
    Last edited by some 9; 06-16-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I need to call meancycles. I ordered a chrome set of triples for my 26 months ago and still do not have it. They did send me a polished set to let me borrow so I could take it to bike week but that was back in early May. I took the triples back off after bike week and am still waiting. Been told many times it out for chroming but that only is a 1 to 2 day job once started. Here we are months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    Bro I know your upset and I feel ya but this thread was made not for this, if you have a problem I suggest call them again. Please remember that meancycle is a distributor of motorcycle parts and do not make the triple trees, they are made by another company like Sumo X and therefore that company is the one that has you waiting not Meancycles. So just keep that in mind, very nice of JC to lend you one though which clearly he doesn't have to do.
    ​Not to mention that just because is a "small part" does not mean that is a "1 to 2 day job". I just spoke to Chip early this week and he stated that I could expect the job to be completed 30 to 45 days later. Just because the item is small does not necessarily mean that it will be bumped to the front of the line and if you want it done correctly, you might not want a "1 to 2 day job" product.

Great Job MeanCycles as those goodies will make many people happy

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duende01 View Post
    ​Not to mention that just because is a "small part" does not mean that is a "1 to 2 day job". I just spoke to Chip early this week and he stated that I could expect the job to be completed 30 to 45 days later. Just because the item is small does not necessarily mean that it will be bumped to the front of the line and if you want it done correctly, you might not want a "1 to 2 day job" product.

Chroming is a same day job...end of discussion. There is time needed to prep the metal depending on the situation, but when they start the actual chrome process it is same day. It goes through a few bath and rinses but only sits in the nickle solution for 1/2-hour. That does change for different chroming, but 30+ days means they are simply that backed up. Prepping the metal is the most important part of the job.

Look, not here to start ****. You were here sharing feedback and all I did was do the same.

I know Sumo makes them. I am also told they are shipped to Cali for chroming. I ordered 2+ months before bike week that was mid april. After many many phone calls, they offered a polished set as a temp set. I specifically said I would only use them IF the chromed ones weren't going to make it here in time and they said they was fine, just not scratch them. I certainly appreciated the offer but it was clearly said they would send the chrome set.

I had been planning this trip months ahead. A lot of time and money was going into my bike. You think I'm upset now? No. But had I missed bike week after all of the money a different hours invested, you guys would not have been able to calm me down.

Im in GA. I've shipped rims to Chrome Pros in Texas and had them chromed and shipped back in 2 weeks. Not once but with two sets of rims. I know how long it takes to chrome. I'm not slow. If their chroming takes 4-5+ months, they need another chromer. No one is that busy.

Me? I'll probably just send this set out to Chrome Pros out in Corpus Christi TX as I have done before. Can't keep waiting and not going to miss the riding season waiting either.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post
    Chroming is a same day job...end of discussion. There is time needed to prep the metal depending on the situation, but when they start the actual chrome process it is same day. It goes through a few bath and rinses but only sits in the nickle solution for 1/2-hour. That does change for different chroming, but 30+ days means they are simply that backed up. Prepping the metal is the most important part of the job.

Not exactly certain where I said it couldn't be done in one day (
    Just because the item is small does not necessarily mean that it will be bumped to the front of the line) . My reference to the "1 or 2 day" job was if they rushed it just to get it thru ahead of others and the job was not coming out as expected upon completion.

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

Banned

Just because the item is small does not necessarily mean that it will be bumped to the front of the line) . My reference to the "1 or 2 day" job was if they rushed it just to get it thru ahead of others and the job was not coming out as expected upon completion.
    Man , you are a controversial lil fella, aren't ya..

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1 View Post
    Man , you are a controversial lil fella, aren't ya..

Jajajajaj, Dats Funny.

I ordered a chrome set of triples for my 26 months ago and still do not have it.
    Wait you ordered this 2 years ago, am I reading this right. You also need 9 degree trees right, I think that's the problem to start with. Sumo has to make those and thats probably the problem, I'm sure JC's been on top off him. I'll speak too JC in da morning and see where we at with this.
    Last edited by some 9; 06-17-2016 at 04:25 AM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post

Your comment "and if you want it done correctly, you might not want a "1 to 2 day job" product." You implied that the quality would lack if they did it in 1-2 days. And once again, the whole process takes 1-2 days worst case. So, whether they bump it or not, the process is the same. Anything after 1-2 days is back log, or a crap company that does things when they want to like SumoX. The owner of Sumo is an absolute piece of crap and thinks the world revolves around him. I don't blame JC or Mean for the problem above. My guess is that is the load of b.s. they are being fed themselves.
    Last edited by BigpapaM109; 06-17-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BikerGranny View Post
    I spoke with JC yesterday to ask for a list of what was going into the box (which he was going to email me, but must have forgotten to), so I could add his items to the running list of Vendor Contributions I've been keeping on the 1st page of the MAM thread. I can't really identify what all that stuff is from the picture, so I'll just leave it listed as "various goodies". Thanks for posting, Andy - and thanks for contributing, JC (is JC even on here or on Facebook, LOL?)

Will send you the list today. Have a great time at the MAM!
    JC

Very Active Member

26 Months ago? Must be a typo.. Sumo sent his first batch of 10 tress to chroming and 9 got back with spots.. all 9 went back for rechroming and the chroming company takes 4 to 6 weeks, at least the good company he deals with.
    I remember taking to Sumo so they can lend you a polished set for your show and you agreed on taking them off after so they can be sent to chroming, give me a call please 305-255-5770
    JC

Very Active Member

Yup, good chroming companies take time due to their huge customer's date, the company he deals with does work for Drag Specialties, many wheel manufacturers, they are so big that customers are not even allow to call check on status before the 5th or 6th week.

I'm sure some people will be happy to take some of those goodies, now who wants the whip? lol
    JC

Sorry. Not 26 months ago. Somewhere around Jan/Feb. I would have to go back and look to be exact. Doesn't matter. Chroming doesnt take months and IF the shop they use has a waiting time of several months, just send out your overflow to another company who can help so the customer isn't waiting as long.

I paint. I paint both professionally and on the side. When I get busy, I outsource my work to a local paint t shop. When they get busy, I've got two other shops I'll give the overflow to.

I'm not here bashing. I was just giving my feedback. Am I unhappy? No. Disappointed? Yes. Life moves on.

After this initial post, I thought about calling. I'm sure if they hadn't forgotten about it, someone would have call in the last two months to mention something. I'm not going to concern myself with it. It's already broken down, I'll just send it out to the chromer Ive used in the past.

I've got too many other things planned out and trying to micromanage. The custom center stand, the front t air setup, ect. There is a big car and bike show coming up in July in Atlanta I'll be at and later in July I'll be in Panama City Beach for another event. I'm moving forward.

Please no one argue for me or my posts. I was just here giving feedback. Not trying to take away from Andys post or feedback

Yep thanking my man for coming thru once again and supporting the Mid Atlantic Meet, a lot of good stuff. Thanks JC we really appreciate it. Lots of goodies. Hopefully our members here can return the favor by supporting our vendors

Hey Andy, I like that helmet. I checked the website and there is no pictures of the strap. Do you know if it has a single strap. I bought this one years ago and I have been trying to find one like it. The one from MeanCycles looks similar from the top

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David327 View Post
    Hey Andy, I like that helmet. I checked the website and there is no pictures of the strap. Do you know if it has a single strap. I bought this one years ago and I have been trying to find one like it. The one from MeanCycles looks similar from the top
    Not sure bro don't have it yet.

Not sure bro don't have it yet.
    Cool. I'll check with them. Thanks

I have an Akoury Helmet here are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	325377   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	325385   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	32 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	325369  

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I have an Akoury Helmet here are some pics.
    Nice. How do you like it?

Nice. How do you like it?

I PM'd you so we don't hijack the thread... Anymore than we already have anyway.