My Nine is now very comfortable

Thread: My Nine is now very comfortable

Very Active Member

Default My Nine is now very comfortable

I was reluctant to buy an M109R, but after a few years of deliberating, I bought my 2006 last winter. One of my apprehensions was about comfort, because of my long arms and long legs and the fact that the seat is so low. After riding the bike for a while, I mounted highway pegs on the OEM crash bars (engine guards to the youngsters) and that took care of my knee and leg discomfort. After developing monkey butt within less than an hour on the bike, I bought a Suzuki full cut jell seat and my problems were over. The more I ride the bike, the more comfortable it feels. And now I think the ergonomics of the 9 are better than my other bikes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I did the sAmerican as you but with air ride. To me that also helped with bumps and such on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    I was reluctant to buy an M109R, but after a few years of deliberating, I bought my 2006 last winter. One of my apprehensions was about comfort, because of my long arms and long legs and the fact that the seat is so low. After riding the bike for a while, I mounted highway pegs on the OEM crash bars (engine guards to the youngsters) and that took care of my knee and leg discomfort. After developing monkey butt within less than an hour on the bike, I bought a Suzuki full cut jell seat and my problems were over. The more I ride the bike, the more comfortable it feels. And now I think the ergonomics of the 9 are better than my other bikes.
    Nice rig you have there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy99 View Post
    Nice rig you have there.
    Thanks, but the color of your bike is my all time favorite.

Very Active Member

Also, it took me 60k miles to do it, but if you change your front forks to a stiffer spring, and 10w oil, the hard road bumps get totally absorbed. It was a night and day difference to being out riding. The gel seat is good, but I liked the Corbin and others are loving the ultimate seat. As long as you are enjoying it, that is all that matters.

Very Active Member

I can't really say for sure how the stock seat felt as I order a Gel seat before I even owned my 9. I road the 9 home from the dealer with the stock seat 60 miles and it was ok but I did have a sore tail bone.

Installed the gel seat and some foot boards and it seems much much better. Put 2,000 miles on the 9 in a month and I could not be happier with the ride. I do need risers to move the bars back though.

Gel seat =

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0347.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	325257
    Last edited by Xfire68; 06-16-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    I can't really say for sure how the stock seat felt as I order a Gel seat before I even owned my 9. I road the 9 home from the dealer with the stock seat 60 miles and it was ok but I did have a sore tail bone.

Installed the gel seat and some foot boards and it seems much much better. Put 2,000 miles on the 9 in a month and I could not be happier with the ride. I do need risers to move the bars back though.

Gel seat =

Risers were my first mod.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcg View Post
    Risers were my first mod.
    I was going to do them right away but the ones I was looking at were close to $300! I then saw the extensions but why spend $100 on something that won't look custom when an extra 100$ will get you what you want and looks great.

I have since seen a few other less expensive risers but they are hard to figure out if they are shorter or longer because in many cases they don't list the specs

I was going to do them right away but the ones I was looking at were close to $300! I then saw the extensions but why spend $100 on something that won't look custom when an extra 100$ will get you what you want and looks great.

I have since seen a few other less expensive risers but they are hard to figure out if they are shorter or longer because in many cases they don't list the specs

Definitely made the ride more comfortable.

Gel seat =

Is the back seat pad factory?

Glad ya got it comfy.....and looking good too!

BOTM - January 2016
    2011 M109R LE....Not quite stock!
    I'm only GRUMPY when I'm not riding 1SICK9!

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

Is the back seat pad factory?
    Nah, its gel. The gels get wider at rear, stock gets narrower. Main reason my wife rathers the gel over stock.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernFattie View Post
    Nah, its gel. The gels get wider at rear, stock gets narrower. Main reason my wife rathers the gel over stock.
    So if I go gel I will need to get both seats..( my wife would be happy) .will the front gel seat fit up to original back seat?

Very Active Member

Get it! Fantastic seat for the money! http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/pa...ber-m109r.html

Very Active Member

Yup, that's the one. My friend, Richard, has the STD seat and he really likes it. It pushes him forward which is exactly what I didn't need. I suspect that I will replace the stock hand grips because the are too small in diameter for my hands. I feel like I'm holding on to a sausage and would rather be holding on to a cucumber.

Is the gel seat same thickness as original?

Very Active Member

Is the gel seat same thickness as original?
    I don't know. If it is different, it isn't much different. My stock is is in FL and I'm in KY for the summer.

Rivco risers are worth the money and the quality can be seen when compared with less expensive sets.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all.

I don't know. If it is different, it isn't much different. My stock is is in FL and I'm in KY for the summer.
    10-4...thanks

I ordered a seat in std/reg cut from Oneidasuzuki. They are the only one on web with a std. cut, I'm a little leary about it, why are they the only one? Will they send me a full, and no returns on seats. I emailed them first and they said they have std. But why does no one else? Hmmm. Time will tell.