Attention - Password and Security Update

Thread: Attention - Password and Security Update

Default Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

This will be a great time for TROD to change his screen name as hes always wanted Fluffy Twitter. Please go ahead and change it for him, you have my OK,lol.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I just changed mine to a 30 character randomly generated password. That ought to be safe.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    I just changed mine to a 30 character randomly generated password. That ought to be safe.
    One would hope so.

Can you fix it so the save link isn't hiding behind an ad?

When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all.

I had to do this on another VBulliton forum I am on. Seems like this is going to be the norm.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

I got a few notifications yesterday from various forums I'm a member of. Its a good thing!