Help with tire size please....

Thread: Help with tire size please....

Default Help with tire size please....

hey fellow 9ers. Could someone please assist me in what size front tire of the Avon Cobra would be similiar to the 160 Metzler I am running now. I currently have a 260 on the rear and the 160 on the front. I wanted to try another brand of tire since i am not thrilled with the amount of wear i got out of the last two sets of Metz or the price of them. Have heard in the past Avon is a good choice for the 9 as well. Also any particular site recommend to order tires from. Thank you in advance to all that respond.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Avon Storm Ultra 3D 160/60zr18. I got 14k miles out of the MEtzeler 160. The Avon Storm lasted 24k miles.

-Josh

Thanks Josh i will check that one out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I use the 160 avon front as well Storm Ultra 3D. Same size as Josh mentioned below. I usually go through two or three back tires before i wear out the front.

Back when I was living State side, I always got tires from Jake Wilson's https://www.jakewilson.com/c/343/Motorcycle-Tires-All good prices and fast delivery.
    Also shopped mc superstore a few times http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...20front%20tire.

Just to throw another option in there for you.. The Bridgestone Exedra Max gets mixed reviews, more positive than negative though. I just ordered f/r last week.
    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Spike Air, Fully Open Stock Exhaust, Gman Bully, Gman ATRE,Gman lean sensors, Drivers back rest, Hiway lamps and HID running lights, LED Rear Lights, Running Bridgestone Exedra Max tires .. let's see how they last

Thanks for all the input guys. Gonna go with 250 Avon Cobra rear and 130 Avon Cobra up front. I will let you know how they roll. Thanks again. Was able to get my shop to order and install this Saturday. Needed inspected too runs out in a few days. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. Ugh. Have a great weekend ya'll. Thank you to all the Service Men and Women for you Service.

The Avon Cobra 250 is a very well made tire. Low rolling resistance, and a perfectly round profile. You won't be disappointed.

-Josh